main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Official Bossk in Episode 7,8,9 & Spinoff Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I love Boba, he is awesome. But as soon as I layed eyes on that Lizard dude in TESB I instantly thought "Woah! I want to see more of the lizard dude!"

2. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Personally I'd actually like if Bossk was somewhere in the ST. Honestly I would rather have him appear than Boba.

LANDO_ROCKS likes this.
  3. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    He could also appear in the Fett spinoff.

4. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    It might be a Bossk spin-off, with a small cameo from Boba (his pet).

cdgodin and TrandoJedi like this.
  5. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    One Bossk > A Dozen Bobas.

LANDO_ROCKS and TrandoJedi like this.
  6. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    The current trend is to hate on Fett, presumably because of the anti-prequel sentiment rampant in the fanbase and in critical opinion. Since we've seen Boba as a sneering, loathsome little boy, he's lost his mystique. And, since the next coolest Hunter is clearly Bossk, he/it now steps up to replace the deposed Fett as the coolest and most beloved of the Hunters.

In another ten years, after a spate of Bossk spin-offs in film, comics and literature, public opinion will flip the other way, and either Fett will regain his well-earned ascendency... or IG-88 will prove master of them all.

:D

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  7. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    Bold prediction, I don't disagree with your expert analysis only to say that the old adage of "you can't have too much of a Bossk thing" is very much apt.

Once Bossk takes his place at the zenith of the zeitgeist his legacy will finally be complete. I can imagine it now, Bossk lunchboxes, Bossk water filters, Bossk sanitary pads. There is no end to his appeal.

Now I wish they would hurry up and cast him, actually that can fill the next 50 pages or so - who has the gravitas, charm, rapier wit and rogueish good looks to play everyone's favorite lizard-man in a flight suit?

How about Daniel Craig?

8. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    Would he wear a mask or be cgi like Jar-Jar? The mask didn't look too expressive in ESB.

LANDO_ROCKS likes this.
  9. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    Hmmm I think you missed the subtlety of Alan Harris' performance which is a master class in understated emotion and nuance.

BigAl6ft6, eht13, cdgodin and 2 others like this.
  10. 16AndPregnant

16AndPregnant Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    All the Bounty Hunters in ESB are awesome. Although I don't really care much for Dengar. I really wanted to read that Tales of the Bounty Hunters book because it has stories about all of those guys (IG-88, Bossk, etc.)

But seriously, this Boba Fett-hate trend is pointless. It's like people don't like him simply because he's a cool character and people like him. <<<<<<<<

Cad Carnage likes this.
  11. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    IG-88 Master Of Them All!!! :D
    [​IMG]

12. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    Why are you posting photos of your ham radio anttena in this thread?

13. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Yeah, honestly if they recast the guy who played bossk I will scream. And not like scream scream but scream from the top of a mountain scream. Period.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Imagine a film where the title character spoke an alien language and no one knew exactly what he was saying, but the audience had a sense of what the character meant. If a Bossk spinoff were created, I certainly hope he would not speak English, nor should there be subtitles. I think it's certainly possible and would be fascinating to watch. Disney has actually done this before with one of their best films: Dumbo.
    I'm fully for a Bossk movie, but only if he speaks an alien language and there are no subtitles. Disney should see this a great opportunity to build a brilliant film where the pure and raw emotions of Bossk can shine and he can make a connection with the collective heart of the audience.
    Andy Serkis performed King Kong brilliantly. King Kong is another title character who never spoke a word of English or any other Earth language, and not a single subtitle..... I say hire Andy for this role.
    I just remembered another title character who never spoke...... the alien in Alien. Bolaji Badejo is a bit too tall to play Bossk, so I think mo-cap with Andy is the way to go.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  15. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    So, to sum up this page of discussion:

Andy Serkis is... BOSSK... in... Star Wars: Episode BOSSK! Rated PG-13.

Brought to you by Disney brand sanitary pads.

cdgodin likes this.
  16. 16AndPregnant

16AndPregnant Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 19, 2013
    I've actually been thinking about this and a Bossk spin-off movie is probably one of the better ideas out of the question "What should the spin off movies be about", etc.

17. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    His movie should co-star IG-88 attempting to take over the Death Star, but fails spectacularly when IG-88 sees Bossk and implodes.

18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Something like that, yeah.

19. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    They should have Bossk in the ST instead of bringing back Boba Fett (which would be, as I've said before, pretty much just fanservice). Maybe they could display an enmity between Chewie and Bossk, considering the bad blood between Wookiees and Trandoshans.

20. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Bring on Bossk!

21. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Bossk should direct Episode 7 instead of JJ

22. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    When I was a kid, Bossk was my favorite thing about ESB, basically. His was the first ESB figure I begged for... So, yeah. I'm in. ;)

Brings up an interesting point, though. Would LFL/Disney bewilling to do a spin-off film primarily about a character who can't speak basic? I guess TCW has made it canon (oooh! I said the bad word.) that he can. But with rumors of a Jabba spinoff? I just can't imagine Jabba lowering himself to speak basic even though i imagine that he is capable... Just thinking out loud, I suppose. Back to the regularly scheduled Bossk lovefest.

23. LANDO_ROCKS

Nov 28, 2002
    Huh? He seemed like a goner to me matey. Sorry but your Boba is dead and he went out like a b**ch.

24. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    [John Cleese voice] No, he didn't.

25. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Like when I watch Avatar and the subtitles were all in German and I could not understand? (True Story)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.