main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Harrison Ford to return as Han Solo

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Claire, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    If it was anyone else, I’ll be saying “Pass the salt”. But El Mayimbe of latinoreview has proven himself time and time again. The man’s got contacts. As simple as that. Han Solo will be in Episode 7. Expect this to be swiftly denied by Ford’s reps and/or Lucasfilm and Disney. We all know how this stuff works by now.

Echo-07 and Julius Vernon like this.
  2. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    El Mayimbe does seem to get stuff right alot of the time. However I'm still wishing for official confirmation. Mayimbe has been wrong before.

3. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    This seems pretty legit,I'm getting the AICN Spinoff Movies vibe on this one.Plus the guys putting his reputation on the line with going on a TV Show.Let's hope the official announcement is soon.

Echo-07 likes this.
  4. Chrono85

Chrono85 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen it. It's great that Ford will play Han Solo if this rumor is true, since there isn't anyone better than him for the role :) Now we just need Hamill on board.

Echo-07 likes this.
  5. TheAyatollah

TheAyatollah Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2013
    Very cool. I hope it's true. It'd be nice to see the gang back but I'm still not sure how they would work their advanced age in the movie.

Echo-07 likes this.
  6. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    Next will be Mark and than Carrie.

Hope they have Ewan's Obiwan Force ghost in the ST!

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Simple, start it at a point where Han, Luke and Leia are their approximate ages, and go from there. I DO believe this will be the 'passing of the torch' film, where the new generation will take the focus, and if Mark et all return for any of the future films, it'll be in a blue light, but I'm game no matter what right now.

Echo-07 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  8. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Very nice indeed!

Echo-07 likes this.
  9. Chrono85

Chrono85 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't really get why some people are so hung up on the age of the actors. Why can't Ford just play an older Han Solo? And Hamill? Even Jedi get old :).

10. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    And you know this for certain...how?

Echo-07 and yodasbum like this.
  11. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Yep, if it's done right it can be not only believable but very good. If it's done right. I'm cautiously optimistic right now. I'm more worried about the spinoffs

Echo-07 likes this.
  12. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Just got the info on twitter and this is awesome just awesome.

Echo-07 likes this.
  13. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    It looks like I keep having to remind the anti-ageists here that there were several "elderly" roles in the OT, including Generals Dodonna and Riekan, and of course Mon Mothma and General Madine were middle-aged, and who knows how old Admiral Ackbar was? ;) If Solo and the Skywalker Twins are playing roles of leadership -- see also Edward James Olmos' excellent turn as Adama in BSG -- there's no reason older characters can't work in the upcoming ST.

Echo-07, laurethiel1138 and yodasbum like this.
  14. TheAyatollah

TheAyatollah Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2013
    It's more because to match the ages up, even with Hollywood magic, would throw it 30ish years into the future. I know Disney said they are going to be original stories not following a book or anything, but will they respect the cannon and fit it in or create a whole cannon? That's my main concern stemming from their age.

15. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    I believe they are going to worry about telling the stories that they want to tell, and not concern themselves with the EU canon. I don't think they will do anything to contradict the movies, and they may pick and choose things from the EU that they like, but they won't worry about contradicting it when they feel they want to.

Echo-07 and TreborSabreon like this.
  16. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I certainly hope they're not going to fit Star Wars into a "cannon" [face_laugh]

17. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    And you don't know it for certain...how?

18. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    If true then you know he's gonna die. Which is fine. I just hope they have stuff for the big 3 to do, and not just do nothing. People love seeing the original actors reprise their roles, but after they've got their fix they then wish they've been more vibrant and younger like they remember them.

Which was a common issue after Indiana Jones: And the Crystal Skull.

19. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    It's going to be important that they handle this the right way

20. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    My prediction: Hamill, Ford, and Fisher will announced together (possibly in costume) at San Diego Comic-Con in July.

21. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I don't know for certain, which is why I avoid posting my conjectures as facts. ;)

22. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    If its a continuation of the story that requires the characters in question, then I'm glad they are trying to do just that. Also, you're on a bad site to avoid such rumors

TreborSabreon likes this.
  23. FryingpoorGreedo

FryingpoorGreedo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2012
    I immediately came here just to say us Han Solo fans are most pleased at this news. Most pleased indeed.

24. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    I honestly think using any other actor won't do the part justice.

Echo-07 and Captain Tom Coughlin like this.
  25. Placeholder

Jan 30, 2013
    haha

Poor Greedo and FryingpoorGreedo posted back to back. I'm easily amused [face_laugh]