main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Harrison Ford to return as Han Solo

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Claire, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Pretty cool news. I hope they bring him back and he's killed off. Out of the big three his death makes the most sense to me. More than even Luke's.

2. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    If they were all announced at once during Comic-Con in costume...I think my heart would stop.

3. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Oh how I hope this is true. Harrison is in his 70s. Hes was in his 30s during the OT. EU might be saved!

P.Sam and TrandoJedi like this.
  4. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    I just can't see a sequel to the OT without a cameo of the big three. They are the figures of SW. Though I must admit I wasn't at all sure about a possible apparition of Harrison Ford and still isn't since it is a rumor for now. He is not exactly keen of his role as Han Solo but he may have come to term with it. He knows how much SW fans like him and in that regard how could he refuse?

So if Ford is on board, it basically means an Episode VII 30 or 40 years after ROTJ. It also probably means the canonical survival of The Thrawn trilogy an many others stories set after the OT. Yeah!

Vastor likes this.
  5. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2006
    I think it's a younger generation thing. More and more younger people are simply ageist bigots these days. They probably grew up disliking their own grand parents. Remember a time when the elders were treated with respect?

Echo-07 likes this.
  6. Darth Horn Rollo

Darth Horn Rollo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    two things about Harrison Ford being in the ST:

1. Yes.

2. I find it unbelievable that a Star Wars fan would not want Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, and Carrie Fisher in the ST. I am absolutely stunned that I have read several posts complaining about freaking Han Solo being in the new movies. Wow.

7. Cad Carnage

Cad Carnage Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    This would make my year.

8. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    I think people fear it will turn into another joke for South Park like Indy 4

The whole "Hollywood is Ruining my Childhood" thing

They don't want to see their favorite character drug through the mud for needless milking

Im not against using proven franchises/stars but they need to have the utmost respect and feel for what the fans of them want and do the job right

9. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Obviously JMO, but I didn't think any of the problems with Indy 4 were related to Ford reprising the role.

10. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    Interesting rumor. Certainly hope it is true, but I will not be pleased until we receive official announcement. The sad thing is if he is in it then we will still likely not know for awhile. My guess would be Disney would not want to announce the signing of Ford until they could also announce the signings of Fish and Hammil along with it. I would assume they would feel the need to make sure all three are lined up before making it publicly. That is all speculation on my part though.

11. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Interesting news indeed

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

12. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  13. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    My day has been made! :)

Julius Vernon and Vastor like this.
  14. boomx2sjk

boomx2sjk Jedi Master star 2

Nov 9, 2012
    My suspicion is, Harrison Ford will return, but not for all 3 movies. It is no secret that Ford wanted Han to go out like a champ in ROTJ.

I'm thinking Ford said something along the lines of, "Ok, I'll come back as long as I go out in a blaze of glory". And sooner is more likely than later, Ford isn't getting any younger and he surely isn't going to want to be the crotchety old man in the rocking chair telling "Back in my day" stories come Episode 9 in his upper 70s.

If he is coming back, it will be in a role much like Indy 4 in terms of being in the center of the action once again, not the proud papa in the background, so to speak. At least, until they kill him off in Ep 7 or early in Ep 8...

Just my opinions, of course

Echo-07 and Krueger like this.
  15. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I really want the Big 3 back as a passing of the torch gesture. I'm really excited about new characters, but I can't talk about them yet, since we don't know who they are. Once that is revealed I'll be very interested in the new characters and cast. I can't wait! :)

16. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I really want the Big 3 back as a passing of the torch gesture. I'm really excited about new characters, but I can't talk about them yet, since we don't know who they are. Once that is revealed I'll be very interested in the new characters and cast. I can't wait! :)

17. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  18. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    I could kiss you too Claire! [face_praying]

TrandoJedi and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  19. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    The biggest surprise in all of this, for me, is that we're hearing about Ford before Hamill or Fisher. I honestly expected to hear news of Hamill returning first, and we all know that if Ford returns, Hamill at the very least is in there as well.

Could this deal also involve Ford playing an older Han as a framing device for the rumoured Han Solo spinoff?

Echo-07 likes this.
  20. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    :*

Graphic likes this.
  21. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Or Solo the Scoundrel who shoots first. HAHAHA!

22. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, this confirms that there is a deal in place. Oh baby, things are heating up! :)

23. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    THIS x A MILLION!!! HAHAHA!

Echo-07 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  24. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2006
    Harrison Ford as Han *beep* Solo is one of the best news to come along since the announcement of Episode VII... certainly a lot better news than the no-talent hack who forever ruined Trek, JJ Abrams helming and possibly ruining Star Wars .... and all those bigots do is complain about Ford because of his age

25. klooney

klooney Jedi Master star 1

Jul 2, 2009
    The original cast is probably the most famous and beloved group of characters in all of cinematic history. The impact of the original Star Wars films was a cultural phenomenon that has never been and probably never could be repeated. I get why people are eager to see all new stories with all new characters instead of dragging out the "old people", but probably for the rest of all of our our lives Disney will be perpetually making Star Wars movies and we will all get plenty of chances to see all new casts and stories in film, television, video games, and probably other mediums that haven't been invented yet. Even re-casts for young Solo films or what not - but that sort of film could be made years from now, while a film with original cast members probably can't. So for those eager to move on to the next stage of Star Wars, be patient. Episode VII could be the biggest "come back" movie of all time, people will be standing and cheering in the theaters if and when any OT characters show up. Also, the original cast aren't THAT old. They aren't Christopher Lee old, and he was flipping around with a light saber in the PT in his 80's as a leading character. Alec Guinness got the big saber fight in the original film and he was the old man then and a lead in the film as well. So I wouldn't just expect the OT cast to stand around in robes in a brief obligatory cameo wasting screen time. I would expect some of the original cast to be some of the major characters in at least the next couple of "saga" (non spin-off) film(s).