main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode: S05E17: Sabotage

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 15, 2013.

?

How would you grade this episode?

1. 10/10

12.8%
  2. 9/10

19.1%
  3. 8/10

31.9%
  4. 7/10

19.1%
  5. 6/10

6.4%
  6. 5/10

8.5%
  7. 4/10

2.1%
  8. 3/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    You guys know the drill.

Poll results are available by clicking on the number of votes next to each score.

That being said, we'd still prefer you to post with your score and what you liked and disliked

2. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    You know, I'm not really sure at all what to rate this. It's really like watching 1/4th of a movie, but it sets up the rest of the "film" well, it was a lot slower paced and I really enjoyed seeing the anti-Jedi and war sentiment finally take hold the Republic.

I'll give it a 9/10. Points off for the "someone made him the bomb" nonsense and a failure as to explaining why Cato Neimoidia was being attacked. I'd have given it an 8/10, but I held off because I'm assuming the Clovis arc was supposed to proceed this.. so I won't hold it against the episode but against the idiots who wanted the Droid arc instead of the Clovis arc.

rumblewagon likes this.
  3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  4. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I gave the episode a easy 8. Perhaps I should of given it a slightly higher rank as I enjoyed the investigation and the surrounding uncertainties of the Jed and the people protesting the war. I think this arc will really start to build into some awesome stuff.

rumblewagon likes this.
  5. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    "Sabotage":

+Battle shots of Cato Neimoidia
    +Was that Captain Rex's new model?
    +Cato Neimoidia looks gorgeous
    +Music was very well-done
    +Anakin's reaction to the ill-will against the Jedi
    +Protesters
    +Cin Drallig
    +Nanodroids
    +Rather dark concept of the unwitting suicide bomber
    +The touch of the dismembered hand
    +Good pacing
    +Coruscant looked great
    +Ahsoka's comment about payment
    +Chase through Couruscant
    +Public opinion turning against the Jedi
    +Intriguing anti-clone logo
    +Nice how they had the wrong suspect for most of the time

9/10

Looking forward to more!

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    It's common procedure to explain why you gave it a particular mark. Further if you're going to either extreme I think you should definitely be forced to give reasons why.

7. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    you don't have to if you don't want to

8. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    True, but it's tradition to be harassed for presenting such opinions without an explanation. Not my tradition, mind you.

Never mind, you gave this a 10, you're okay.

SithStarSlayer and Darth Vader like this.
  9. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011

8/10 from me.

Basically this. Sabotage was still an excellent episode despite my lower score for it. It was great as an introduction to the arc and it did the job of raising my anticipation for the subsequent three parts. If they turn out to be at least as good as this (plus the obvious consequentiality for main characters that made me like the Mauldalore arc so much), I'll be hoping for more Charles Murray work on TCW in future seasons.

rumblewagon likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    9/10. Good set up for the rest of the arc and I enjoyed the mystery/thriller aspect of it.

rumblewagon and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I liked this episode. It did feel a little boring coming off the the excellent Maul arc and I also would have like to have seen more protesting which are my main complaints. However I really liked the opening and the supersleuthing portion of it. Anakin and Ahsoka actually had a cool dynamic in the episode and I liked the shifty little detective droid. Cool music during the chase at the end. It was neat to watch the different parts of the investigation. Man, brutal way to go Jakar. I pretty much automatically want Letta to die for doing that to her husband. I also enjoyed seeing some more linear continuity. This one also got an 8 from me. Keep the good times rolling.

rumblewagon likes this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    7/10

This episode was decent. The plot was meh, but there was so much little stuff that was awesome, from Cin ****ing Dralig to the cool 3D crime scene holo to some cool atmospheric shots of Coruscant's underworld. Hope we get more of that as the arc goes on.

13. kryptonjedi

kryptonjedi Jedi Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    I would give this episode a 7.5 out of 10. I liked that we were able to see Coruscant again, and the growing anti Jedi sentiment.

While it wasn't the most action packed episode, it was still pretty good.

14. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    7/10... Good but could have been way impoved

Positives:

+Awesome Anakin and Ahsoka moments
    +Great and interesting plot line
    +Cool battle of Nemoidia (although extremely short)
    +Cin Drallig!!!
    +Anti Jedi protests
    +Anti Clone logos
    +Lots of Mace and Yoda as well

Negatives:

-Very very very slow, not much happened
    -More droids? Seriously, we just had a droid Arc for crying out loud. Cant we have jedi do the investigation?

Overall this was an alright episode. Were it not for the anti Jedi protest and Cin Drallig this episode would have been a 5 or lower for me. Overall this episode was unneeded. It only reassures my belief that 4 part arcs are bad and just stretch out storylines longer than they should be. This episode was really not needed, most of it was filler. They could have easily taken 7-10 minutes from this episode that were needed and cut from the next 3 episode and fit this into 3 parts. Same thing goes for the Onderon arc and the Youngling arc(which could have been 2 episode actually)

Overall this episode wasn't great, but I'm excited for the future. The story line for this episode was great, however the pacing was really slow and hurt the episode with unneeded boring filler. I'm sure the next episodes will be a lot better however, the cliffhangar at the end of the episode "youre dealing with things you dont even realize" (something along those lines) has me pumped for the rest of this arc!

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm going with Todd the Jedi on the rating and the reasoning. 7 because while overall the plot was butchered (we just told you your husband's dead, and we know you're lying because you thought your husband was dead!; the culprit bringing as much attention to herself as possible) there were a plethora of little things that together still managed to make the episode pretty enjoyable. I thought the opening space battle/crash scene was really fun, the sleuthing parts that actually made sense were a nice change of pace, protests against the Jedi, that shot of the Jedi Temple with a smoking hole, Cin Dralling cameo, Anakin having a Darth Vader moment at the end (it really makes me think of "If this is a counselor ship, where is the ambassador?"), and the whole idea of the guy being turned into a bomb by nano-droids.

16. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Any crime solving by the Jedi that does not involve Quinlan Vos, is stupid.
    Everything else was fun to watch, but not enough to grade higher than a 5/10.

No Vos, no mas.

17. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

Overall I enjoyed it, but there were some things...

18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  19. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    10/10. Excellent episode. SW meets CSI. Battle on Cato Niemoidia was awesome.

rumblewagon likes this.
  20. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    **** that.

21. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    6/10. Above average, decent buildup, nice atmosphere. Not great, though. But not bad.

22. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Great episode. The opening scene with the Cato Nemoidia battle was nice opening & the rest of the episode was really good as well. I really enjoyed the crime investigation plot about the bombing in the temple hangar (and Russo-ISC was a pretty neat new droid character and a fun reference to David Caruso's role in CSI:Miami). I must admit that the story also was one of the most interesting ones in a while and I'm eager to see where it goes from here for the rest of the arc. There were some minor flaws but nothing that lowered my opinion of the episode so overall, I really liked it.

9/10

rumblewagon likes this.
  23. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It was both great as a standard TCW episode and a TCW mystery episode. Sure beats Senate Murders.

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That's not saying much, Dan. :p

Even though that episode has the amazing Tan Divo...

25. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    It would of been fantastic to have Vos! TCW needs more of Quinlan...he is too epic a character to be left on the page...