main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Unpopular TCW Opinions

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Nov 19, 2012.

1. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Aside from going one episode too long and having an unnecessary love triangle, the Onderon Arc was pretty good - actually one of the better arcs on the show.

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    *holds back rant because of thread purpose*

Esg, Seerow, QuangoFett and 2 others like this.
  3. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Here's some. Season 3 was actually pretty good. Just those few corruption-Padme-lame episodes took it down a notch. Mortis, Nightsisters, Citadel, and Padawan Lost arcs were all quite decent episodes and I defiantly enjoyed them.

Shadow Warrior is not the worst episode of TCW, as the Dooku v. Anakin duel was pretty awesome, that title goes to Bombad Jedi. I never hated a Clone Wars episode more than that. Lame CGI, lame Jar-Jar. Only plus was Nute Gunray being the central villain, there should be more of that.

Carnage of Krell was better than Rookies.

Season 1 was the worst season, I only liked Rookies, Lair of Grievous, The Hidden Enemy and the Ryloth arc.

Season 5 is the best season. I found Revival, the Onderon Arc, Young Jedi (yes, I said Young Jedi. They were solid episodes that get a bad rep), and oh hell yes - the Shadow Conspiracy arc to be awesome. I like the way the finale is shaping up too. That droid arc though, ugh. Worst arc of the series.. I hated how we had to sit through 4 episodes of that.

Okay, this one probably isn't unpopular, but the Shadow Conspiracy arc was the best arc in the show, destroying even the Umbara arc for me. The Lawless was the single best episode of TCW, and the duel with Sidious was as epic as Ventress v. Anakin in the microseries (which was at the time, my favorite duel outside the movies)

And as I mentioned before, I find the show The Clone Wars to be better than the first two installments of the prequel trilogy and it disappoints me that more people aren't into it. If it hadn't existed, my liking for Star Wars would have 100% died in May 2005. The movies were done at the time, and there were no plans at all to make the Sequel Trilogy, the idea of it was ludicrous. Revenge of the Sith was the last Star Wars. I had no reason to expect, or believe, that in nearly 8 years I would find out just how wrong I was.

The show has managed to maintain my love of Star Wars through my teenage years, which were some of the most chaotic. If the show hadn't existed, I wouldn't be as excited as I am now for the upcoming Sequel Trilogy with Episode VII, VIII, and IX. I remained a loyal Star Wars fan, instead of outgrowing a fad I was into when I was a little kid, solely because of the existence of this show. Here's to the next few seasons, and here's to the sequels!

4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    100% agreed.

5. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    This show is far better than Episode 7-9 or the spin off movies will ever be

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  6. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I find it impossible to pick between something that exists and something that doesn't. There's no point of reference from which to compare.

7. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    True... But we can make predictions and estimates based on what we do know... And I'm not saying my opinion is final, its subject to change :) (although extremely unlikley)

8. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Which is next-to-nothing. We know VII's director and some of the writing staff. We know that they're set after Return of the Jedi. We know they're going to be based off George Lucas' story treatments.

That's basically it.

Hindsight is 20/20. Blind guessing is, well, blind.

- - -

I don't really know how unpopular an opinion it is, but I'm really surprised by how much I like TCW. I've only seen a dozen or so episodes scattered through the seasons so maybe I've just been really lucky but overall this show is pretty damn awesome. My only consistent complaint is the opening narrator's voice is so cheesy it makes me want to rip my ears off and that Ahsoka is right simply because she's Ahsoka in the early episodes I've seen.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  9. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

Yeah, Clone Wars is a lot better from now...

10. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Oh noes, he has gained weight in his age!!111!!1!!

:rolleyes:

11. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    More like an obesse whale lol... you can't tell me THAT is supposed to be the leader of the New Jedi Order and the strongest Jedi alive? Heck lets bring Maul back a 3rd time while we're at it and bring back Dooku in fact he survived in episode 3....

You see where I'm getting at.... Episodes 7-9 just seem ridiculous to me...

12. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I think the fact that the story of Anakin Skywalker's life ended in RotJ -- and thus no more movies are needed -- is more of an issue than Mark Hamill's weight.

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I'm sure he's already started a new workout routine for the film and he'll look a lot better in it than he does now, and I don't mean that sarcastically. I'm much more concerned about Carrie Fischer.

14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    One more think to look forward to in 3D, huh? No worries, I sense a Hollywood miracle.

15. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    I whole heartedly agree with this. However, the actor's conditions is basically adding more fuel to the fire

16. CaptainRex115

Jan 11, 2013
    Something is rising......Something sinister....

17. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    You could have him as a Force Ghost which I think was the original intent for the sequels, though I think I'd rather have Matt Latner be force ghost Anakin than Hayden.

As for Hamil's weight, if the guy is just gonna be a wise Jedi who sits around in his robes the weight issue shouldn't be a problem.

TBH I always have a problem with the Hollywood version of people as stick thin barbie figures who in no way match up to how people are in real life.
    Or when you have the hollywood ugly nerd who is basically a good looking guy in a bad jumper :D

18. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I enjoy the show very much, but I don't consider it canon.

iLoveAnakin7 and benknobi1 like this.
  19. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I don't know how unpopular this opinion would be, but I think that 'The Jedi Who Knew Too Much' was a better episode than 'The Lawless'.

Spazmatron and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I might share that sentiment, there wasn't anything in The Lawless that did anything for me outside of the big finale, and I remain underwhelmed slightly by even that. In terms of percentage of the episode I enjoyed, The Jedi Who Knew Too Much takes the cake for me.

21. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    A Sunny Day in the Void was beast. Hope we see more episodes like it.

22. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I also share the sediment. "The Lawless" was good, but it did have some flaws [IMO] that "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much" didn't share.

23. CaptainRegor

CaptainRegor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 15, 2012
    Getting life into this thread again!

I like the politicial episodes!

24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Feel free to contradict the EU!

25. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012