main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Obi-Wan Kenobi: v4 Fan Club a/k/a Appreciation Society

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Valairy Scot, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I have heard about it vaguely...

2. ruth baulding

ruth baulding Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    If Disney actually came through on anything that intelligent in terms of plot and actor, I would personally don a giant princess petticoat and sing a shmaltzy song in public, as well as eating my words regarding the dubious nature of the franchise's new ownership.
    But I fear we are likelier to see Lil' Han SOlo, Vampire Hunter or Boba Takes Manhattan.

FARK2005 likes this.
  3. Eryndil

Eryndil Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2012
    Well, that clinches it - we need this movie [face_laugh]

4. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
  5. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I voted in both spots! ;)

6. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Ha! I just got an "Opinion Leader" trophy, which takes me back to ANH days.

"Opinion sqaudron, line up on my tail - we're going in. Opinion Four, your stabilizers are down. Roger that, Opinion Two. Opinion Five, I've got your back, enemy fighters at three o clock. Oh no, I can't shake this guy... mayday, mayday! this is Opinion Leader, I have enemy fire on my ----- aaaaaaaaaaaagghghg!! --BBBOOOOOOOOMMM!!!

Perilous business. I'm with Obi-Wan - flying is for droids.

Eryndil likes this.
  7. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Congratulations! :)

I got one yesterday [face_whistling]

So, what's happened to Obi in handcuffs? Not that your new avatar isn't nice, but it's not quite the same...

8. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh, I'm trolling around in my image files looking for a fresh look. This one too.... esoteric?
    (He got away, blast him.... stupid Jedi mind powers...)

9. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Well, it's an interesting image - good composition and quite evocative. It's just a big change from shackled Obi :D

10. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    In the meantime I have written six thousand words in twenty four hours. All of it centering on.... guess whom.
    ob·ses·sion

[uh[​IMG][​IMG]b-sesh-uh[​IMG][​IMG]n] Show IPA
    noun
    the domination of one's thoughts or feelings by a persistent idea, image, desire, etc.
    the idea, image, desire, feeling, etc., itself.
    the state of being obsessed.
    the act of obsessing.

Origin:
    1505–15; < Latin obsessiōn- (stem of obsessiō ) blockade, siege, equivalent to obsess ( us ) (see obsess) + -iōn- -ion

Eryndil likes this.
  11. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    I think Disney has done a fine job letting both Pixar and Marvel do what they need to do and produce films in the same vein and of comparable quality to what they did before, so I have a lot of faith they'll follow the same plan with LucasFilm, I don't see why they wouldn't and Kathleen Kennedy has impressed me so far, she seems to be on top of it. And if Obi ever had a chance it's certainly with a woman in charge, no?

laloga likes this.
  12. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Maybe we should send her some of the pics that have been posted on this thread recently ;)

13. obimom

obimom Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2010
    Good idea...let the juices start flowing for her...she'll was him back as Obi as badly as we do.

I would love to see Ruth dress like a princess and sing a schmalty song in public...AND especially tweet it to Ewan...he's get such a kick out of that I think.

Does he know how many people are rooting for him.

The things he says in some of these interviews about wanting to do Obi-Wan again...it's almost like...he read our minds...

Wow...

14. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    It must be his Jedi powers...

Alternatively, perhaps he reads this thread...

:eek:

15. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    I would love it if he did...and then I would wonder what he thinks about it. :p

16. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    *has linguistic high*

Chewbacca89 and Eryndil like this.
  17. Eryndil

Dec 18, 2012
    Ah, it takes me back to the days when I was studying lexicography :) That was such a blast - nothing more fun than learning about dictionaries [face_party]

benknobi1 likes this.
  18. ruth baulding

Sep 3, 2012
    Oh good heavens. Force forbid. !!!!!!!!!!![face_laugh]

19. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    So... I started following Ewan on twitter yesterday, and just had a dream that we became friends in RL because of that, and I spent the rest of the dream trying to hide how much I like Star Wars from him...

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  20. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001
    Why would you hide that fact that you like Star Wars from Ewan? he likes Star Wars too.if Sir Alec Guinness were still around,it would be understandable not to want to tell him.

21. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
    IRL I wouldn't, but in my dream I was scared. :p

22. roguegirl

roguegirl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 29, 2001

Everytime I see these pictures,Duel of the Fates starts playing in my head.

23. obimom

Oct 31, 2010
    Just watched most of "Little Voice" on TV..I"ve wanted to see that for a long time...Ewan wasn't in it that much, but what I did see..he was adorable.. and it was made just before he did TPM..

I loved his open, innocent, adorable face in those days...but the movie was pretty tragic..I didn't expect that. Bittersweet ending though...she ended up with the right person ([face_love]..naturally).

"Brassed Off" was on just before it..and I love that movie too, but I've seen in a couple times already and hubby had other things he wanted to watch.

I would like to see the start of Little Voice sometime to see what i missed..but I did enjoy the girl's (singer) performance very much and also Michael Cain's performance was excellent as well.

Anyway...so how is everyone? and more to the point...where is everyone? :confused:

24. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
  25. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Brassed Off was my favorite Ewan movie for a long time, I love it! I think Salmon Fishing is now :) Ewan is in the beginning of Little Voice, he is so adorable in that movie :)

laloga likes this.