main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.18 - The Jedi Who Knew Too Much - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 13, 2013.

1. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Darth Vader: Just double-checking, there were rumors... Thanks though!

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  3. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012

4. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Zabrak 2 did you forget to write something in the spoiler tags?

5. Order66Survivor

Order66Survivor Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012

I tried to use "StarWarsRox" also

6. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    You couldn't have spaces before the move to Xenforo, so Darth_Vader existed long before the other person.
    Edit: Just saw the episode...
    Wow, I can't believe they killed Eeth Koth off of the screen. So we have Koth down, but the other five coffins' occupants weren't mentioned.The ending was very interesting, though.
    Ahsoka is definitely going to discover Sidious' identity.

7. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Are you serious? I could've swore we saw Koth in the preview Funeral scene. And in the last episode...

8. Strika23

Strika23 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008

I don't know which episode your watching or if your trying to spread false rumors, but Eeth Koth was just a cameo in this episode he didnt get killed as far as I can remember. I saw him walking off after the funeral. And for those above speculating if Luminara was one of the casualties, she was not one of them. I don't know why she wasn't at the funeral though. One of the dead jedi was some male jedi that taught Bariss how to hold her lightsaber when they were in training apparently. Probably a padawan in her training group like the group back in the younglings arc.

Overall, I enjoyed this episode alot. I felt awful for Ashoka by the end of the episode similar to how I felt for Satine. Questions just keep piling up for me. How much does Tarkin know? Who killed Letta? Who set up Ashoka? Why didnt the clones realize Ashoka wasn't fighting back? Where does Ventress come into this? A Jedi is confirmed to have helped Letta, was it Bariss? Who killed Letta though, Palpatine? I can't see Bariss having that much power to force choke someone from far away or infiltrate the prison. My guess is Ventress or Palpatine, and maybe Letta assumed Ventress was a jedi because she has a lightsaber? Common civilians probably don't know the difference between sith and jedi, a lightsaber is a lightsaber to them. This obviously points the viewer towards Bariss, as she looks like the one who is responsible. I think that would be too obvious though and out of character, my money is on Ventress or Palpatine but I'm not sure what motives Ventress would have at this point to attack the temple.

rumblewagon and Order66Survivor like this.
  9. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    EDIT: move along, move along.

Order66Survivor likes this.
  10. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    [​IMG]

Coric and Embomania like this.
  11. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    This episode ends like the Empire Strikes Back where Luke jumps off.

12. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    Wow, this episode was pretty intense indeed. I would compare it to Maul arc in quality, seriously. They weren't kidding when they said this arc will be 10 compared to 8 of the Lawless - it's already just as good and we're only halfway through yet.

Lots of cameos in this episode: Poggle and Wat Tambor show up on the viewscreens in prison. Mass Ammeda, Palpatine, Eeth Koth, Shaak Ti, Saessie Tiin, Koburn, Yularen{New Model}, Terra Sinube, Eekar Oki, Bail Organa and Mon Mothma all show up in the funeral, in addition to the regulars like Obi-Wan, Mace and Plo Kuun.

13. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Very nice episode, seems the speculation regarding

Barriss' possible duplicity
    has found some feet. I was really impressed with the chase scene. A great mix of action, growing futility and environmental variety throughout.

Favourite little character touch; Tarkin grabbing Ahsoka's chin was a nice nod to him doing the same thing to Princess Leia in ANH.

14. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013

[​IMG]

Edit: Why do you think that?

15. Kualan

Dec 4, 2008
    My theory after this episode regarding the rest of the arc:

Barriss Offee was in love with "Tutso Mara" (sp?) the Jedi she says she was close with. This ties with her conversation with Ahsoka regarding attachment, and would explain the "crime of passion"-style execution of Tutso's murderer.

rumblewagon likes this.
  16. Mikko_Slitherhorn

Mikko_Slitherhorn Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 26, 2007
    I wonder if the absence of Luminara is of any importance. She wasn't even in the background at the funeral.

17. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Wow.
    Just. Wow.

I was totally blown away by this episode, on all fronts.
    Visually, it was the most impressive CW episode so far. The acting and animation was excellent, I felt more emotion during that final Anakin/Ahsoka moment than I did through the entire PT.
    Excellent, completely excellent. This is what CW should be like.

Easily my all time favorite Clone Wars episode.

18. Kualan

Dec 4, 2008
    Some truly great facial animation and voicework in that scene. The show has come a long way since Season One.

rumblewagon likes this.
  19. Bliss000

Bliss000 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2012
    10/10 - One of the best Clone Wars episodes.

20. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    Wow, an amazing episode.

I loved seeing the landscapes of Coruscant. I actually felt so sorry for Ahsoka and was rooting for her to escape. Barriss was suspicious, but I feel deep down that it was a red herring.

I loved seeing the clones disobeying Anakin's initial orders to not fire to kill- his own trooper then sends out an order to get tanks? [face_laugh] I was actually gobsmacked when Leta started being choked, I had convinced myself that she was going to poison herself or something.

Tarkin is a nasty piece of work, it's clear how corrupt the senate is. [face_sick]

21. Paparazzo

Jan 31, 2011
    All I wanted was an "you've been an amazing master" - "you've been an amazing padawan" moment. :( Felt so sorry for the pair

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  22. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Does Palpatine appear in this episode ?

23. Paparazzo

Jan 31, 2011
    Briefly during the funeral scene, btu he doesn't speak.

24. Hank Hill

Hank Hill Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2013
    Wow. that was one hell of a episode. I really enjoyed the chase scene I tell you what!!!!!

rumblewagon and Paparazzo like this.
  25. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    How in the world did I miss Wat Tambor, Whorm Loathsom, and Poggle the Lesser on the Republic prison viewscreens?