main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor John Noble to play villian?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by SoWizard, Feb 6, 2013.

1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Merging.

2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'm most excited about episodes 7, 8 and 9, with, hopefully, the return of Mark Hamill as my childhood hero and all of the new heroes we will be treated to. Among these new players, I'm most excited to see a son for Luke in the return of the dirty-blond-haired protagonist for the ST.

The stand-alones, though, excite me almost as much. Among these films, I'm most hopeful for a Boba Fett film set after his escape from the Sarlaac and an Obi-Wan western set on Tatooine during Kenobi's exile and starring Ewan McGregor. Luke and Obi-Wan are my two favorite characters, but I chose to list the Fett film first as the evidence we've seen so far suggests it's the more likely of the two to get produced first.

I'm down with a Han Solo picture (heck, I'd be all over it - I loves me some Solo) and I think a Vader feature needs to be made. Call it "Star Wars: The Great Jedi Purge / The Dark Times / Darth Vader." To be honest, though I am very interested in seeing his early story told, I don't know how well a Yoda film would really do at the box office.

There are more, certainly. I'd love to go see a "Knights of the Old Republic" story one day. Maybe this can somehow be tied in with a Darth Bane focus, because I'd flock to the theaters to see his tale. Perhaps an Old Republic triology which follows the Republic and a Sith Empire engaged in all-out war, ending with the near-destruction of the Sith and the beginning of Bane's "Rule of Two."

One of the more exciting thoughts are all of the new characters we'll be treated to over the next few years and who knows what kind of spin-off's could come of it?

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I too want J.J. to find new people to work with. I don't want him to turn into Tim Burton where Tim just has his family in every single movie he makes because he's scared of people or something.

4. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    Don't be an idiot. I did NOT say that the movie should ONLY focus on the tree. Obviously, there would need to be more to get the audience interested than just the tree.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  5. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    I
    Wow. Of all the years I have been on these boards, no one has ever stooped so low as to call me names. Classy. Consider the source, readers...consider the source.

6. yggdrasil311

yggdrasil311 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 7, 2004
    And since you are a "veteran forum dweller", you shouldn't be suprised name calling happens.

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  7. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    What's to consider? You're the one who jumped to conclusions about what he meant, not him. He just said he wanted to see more explanation about the tree; you then arbitrarily decided that meant he wanted to see a movie about the tree, and you mocked him for it. And then when he called you out on it, you played victim while completely ignoring your own provocative role in the matter. Consider the source, indeed.

8. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Noble would be a great villain, he's fantastic on Fringe. He's very capable of projecting menace.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  9. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    What if Darth Plagueis was the villain, as some have suggested, and Noble were to play him? Do you think they would keep him a Muun, since that was apparently Lucas' decision? If so, maybe Noble could do motion capture.

10. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    If Noble were the villain, I don't think it would be Plagueis. I also think that if you cast Noble, you let him play human, or something with very limited makeup. You want his acting to project.

11. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Seriously?

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Yes. And they should then get every single cast for every single Trek incarnation for VII as well.

13. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Actually, I was hoping for Gil Gerard myself. [​IMG]

14. Lord TW

Dec 25, 2012
    Not surprised at all. Just seemed like strong words.

I really don't think a backstory on the tree on Dagobah would be all that interesting...it just leads to trouble. Twin Peaks had a great mystery, tried to explain it, and before long, a spirit was possessing a bureau. At best, the history of the tree would be the same tale, in reverse, and we'd all be disappointed, because it is still a tree, in the end.

As for "me starting it": Based on the above, and the fact that the tree was the only part of the story he mentioned - rendering it logical to assume it would dominate the film - I think it was fair to ask if he was serious.

15. Golden Jedi Knight

Nov 2, 2012
    Thank you. Couldn't have said it better myself.

16. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    It says you've been a member since 2012. Anyway, being an idiot, sometimes, isn't so bad. I enjoy being one on occasion.

17. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Oh I was kind of hoping for this guy in it
    [​IMG]

my kind of scum likes this.
  18. Golden Jedi Knight

Nov 2, 2012
    That's fine if you don't want to see a movie talking about the tree; no one said you had to agree with me about that. However, when you come at me with a comment like "Seriously? You want to see a movie about a tree?", then don't complain when I come back at you. If you had just politely said you didn't like the idea and offered an idea of your own, then I wouldn't have responded to you in the manner I chose.

Can we agree to be civil from this point on? I'd rather not continue derailing this thread with this argument.

19. Lord TW

Dec 25, 2012
    Yes, we can agree to be civil. Sorry about the mess.

BTW, to the person who noted I have been here since 2012: I was a member since about 2000 but hadn't posted since '05, and my user name fell out of the system or something. Rather than ask about it, I just started fresh.

20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Well, a member of a bureau, at least.

21. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    And, let's not forget, said spirit was making said Bureau member waste toothpaste, break mirrors, laugh creepily and ask "How's Annie?! How's Annie?!"

Then the spirirt contrived the death of the series, revived it in a completely-inexplicable film, and then killed it again - until it reappeared in an episode of "Psych." ;)

Yeah, I don't think Star Wars will go quite the same way...

22. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    can robin williams be the new villian?

23. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Having Robin Williams in a SW movie would be like having John Malkovich in a Transformers mov-

Oh they did do that.

24. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
  25. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012