main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    moosemousse: August 15-22, tentativly.

The only places I've ordered from are Think Geek (awesome), Amazon (who has ever complained about them?), Indigo.Chapter's (Canada's version of Barns and Noble, so I''ve never had issues) and Her Universe (never again - shipping cost me an arm and a leg).

Oh, and I buy my glasses from Zenni. It's out of China, but most glasses on there are under $25, so it's worth the risk, not that I've ever had problems.

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I get my glasses from Zenni as well... Love them! Mine still cost around $80 or $90 (even with the frames that start at $6) since my prescription is so strong, but if I get them from the optomitrist they cost around $300 so I still take that as a win. :)

I'm probably going on a short cruise (4 nights) this spring with a really good friend of mine. I've never been on one before so I'm really excited! I don't even know for sure if I have the days off from work and he's already planning what we will sing together in the karaoke bar. 8-}

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    My sister was the one who nicknamed me Kaki because she couldn't say Kathryn or Kathy. Then she referred to my brother as Weed. Yeah. My sister the elocutionist.

I am so excited to have three days off in a row. I had a pretty horrendous week.

LLL likes this.
  4. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    My prescription isn't that strong, but if I go to somewhere like Visions Optical or another optometry store, my glasses will cost me $200 - $250. Even at Wal-Mart, glasses can cost $80 - $100. So I love Zenni. and the selection is awesome. I actually need to go my leprechaun of a optometrist (he's Irish and 5 feet tall) sometime in the near future.

A cruise sounds fun. My grandmother is currently on one with my aunt around the east Caribbean I think. Were are you going? When I was in the travel agency yesterday, I was looking at a world cruise. 104 days. It cost like $55,000 for one person. Looked pretty interesting though.

Also, I'm probably getting a kitty next week. Any suggestions on SW names? I went to the SPCA today and there is this adorable grey one I'm going to try to adopt.

LLL likes this.
  5. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Cats are the best. Even over-attached, somewhat whiny ones like mine, one of whom (the fat one) insists on climbing/cuddling/snoozing on my 7-month-pregnant belly. OW.

Male or female?
    Female- Mirax. Male...hm... Kyp. Kyp the Cat. D'aw.

6. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Male. I was thinking either a x-wing pilot's name or a bad guy's name. The one I was looking at has like a Hitler mustache going on (my sister's cat of the same breed and similar colouring has a handle bar mustache, so I'm really hoping to get this one) so I was thinking like a bad guy's name. Zsinj would be awesome name, but I can't pronounce it for the life of me.

7. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    Oh, if you want a pilot, it's gotta be Tycho. That'd be a great cat name. :D

8. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    YES! Awesome. Thank you. I'll probably go with that.

LLL and LexiLupin like this.
  9. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I just pronounce it like "zinge", rhyming with "cringe".

I couldn't live without a cat. I'm too much a cat person. Lol

Name him Lando. Lando had a mustache.

LexiLupin likes this.
  10. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Briannakin: cool! I have no plans for then, so just let me know if you're up for coffee. Oh, and I'd definitely be up for going to a museum if that's on the cards. :)

11. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Ah, cats. I couldn't decide which SW rogue I should name mine after, so he's just called Rogue. :p What about one of the Wraiths, or just Wraith? They're a little meaner than the Rogues. Or Thrawn. That's the ultimate awesome bad guy.

I've always pronounced Zsinj like "singe".

12. Krayt-Eagle

Krayt-Eagle Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2007
    I filmed a fundraiser event for homeless animals, and there was this cat with that Hitler mustache you mentioned. It's name was Kitler ;). When I'm finally able to get a dog, it will definitely have a Star Wars name; Leia, Jaina, Chewie, Kyp, Solo, Lando, Vader... I like that I got options[face_dancing].

13. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    My cats over the years were named Han, Chewie, Fuzzball and there was an Indy because I loved Indiana Jones. I also have Nibbler from Futurama. My brother had a dog named Obi-Wan...but my mother could never remember his name so we told her to call him Ben.

Oh yeah, I had a dog named Mara. We didn't have her long. My kids wanted a dog and I didn't...and I knew they would get tired of taking care of a dog. So I went to the pound and found the oldest dog there and adopted it. So I brought home this 15 year old beagle. She lived less than a year. My kids named her Mara, not me. I wish they didn't. The dog was so old it would have gas and I hated hearing myself saying, "Damn it Mara quit farting all the time!"

LLL likes this.
  14. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    We'd be going from Boston to Saint John, New Brunswick (one day there). I would love to go on a longer cruise but seeing as how I might be going to San Diego in July, I can't get any more time off work.
    I saw something on TV about that world cruise once, I would love to go on it, but I don't see that ever happening.

Aww... kitty!! :)
    I'm actually a dog person but I really want a pet, so I'm sure I would actually love a cat as well. Unfortunately my roommates and I work days that are too long to really be fair to most animals. :( (I only work 3 days a week but on those days I'm away from home for 15 hours.

15. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    The solution, Mav:
    Get two cats!
    :D
    The board will eagerly name them for you. :p

16. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Is this site getting glitchy to you? Sometimes I pull it up and it looks weird and when I go to edit a post I see all the coding.

17. LexiLupin

Mar 27, 2011
    I haven't had a problem. *knock on wood*

18. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Lexi- LOL! I don't know if my landlord would allow us to actually have one, let alone two. But I guess that way they would have someone to play with and unlike a dog, a cat doesn't have to go outside. [face_thinking]
    (And I love how I left an open parentheses... that's what happens when I try and post while at work and have to go do some work. ;) )

J_L- I haven't noticed that myself today. Sometimes when Grimby is updating or adding something, things go a little wonky for a few minutes. I don't know if he's doing any thing right now or not.

19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks for all the name suggestions. I'm going to go back Tuesday afternoon to look and to play with them again, and to do all the paperwork, but I doubt I'll be able to take him home then. I'm going to wait till I have him in my arms before I name him. I do like the name Indy too.

20. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I had a cockateel named Luciano and now I have a green parakeet named Robin.

21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    My suggestion for naming an animal is wait a few weeks and eventually you will notice their personality. I should have done that with my kitten. We called him Fuzzball because he looked like a baby version to my older cat, Chewie. But this cat got huge and fat. He looks like he's part Maine Coon cat. I never had a fat cat before. If I had to name him today I would call him, "Jabba".

LLL likes this.
  22. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    Wow.

If I want any time off, I have to save not only for any trip-related expenses, but also for the wages I will lose while gone. Which means I can't afford to go anywhere really, and God forbid I should ever be really sick.

23. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    Could I have used this a few years ago. I had to play Shmi in an audio drama...

24. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Having a hard day. Some tentative plans fell through (but I got them rearranged, thankfully). Then, after I found out I've sold 89 copies of my new book, three people returned the book. And I got my first negative reviews, plural, on it. I know it's stupid, but having it drop to 3 stars on Amazon is gonna hurt my sales. I can't take my antidepressant right now, so I'm having difficulty dealing with things right now, and the person I wanna talk to about this is off having fun with her phone turned off. Which she has a right to do, the timing could just be better.

25. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Ugh, that is a bad day. Sorry it landed on you. Unfortunately bad reviews can happen to everyone. I perversely take comfort in knowing that the rest of the world might be having things just as bad on my bad days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.