main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ~~** OFFICIAL **~~ WACKY NEWS DEPOSITORY THREAD. TOS MINDED. MOD APPROVED. PROBABLY

Discussion in 'Community' started by jp-30, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    I don't understand this story's connection to Iran... [face_thinking]

And from what I can tell, the coach made the assumption that it was racist based on that both teams were American, and that the chanting of "USA" by the one team then tacitly implies that the other team somehow isn't. This assumption was no doubt exacerbated by that most of the players on the other team were Hispanic. Having said this, there's no way for the coach to prove this, so he is not justified in dealing out repercussions. However, if I may express my own unprovable assumptions, I also share the coach's suspicion.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You aren't quite familiar with how this thread works, are you? You must have confused this for the place where we intelligently discuss items of actual relevance. Sorry for the confusion.

3. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    The way you presented the story seemed to tilt toward one way of understanding the situation, and I wanted to present the opposite view. As for the topic's relevance, that's a subjective assessment, innit? But if you're accusing me of over-thinking it, then I take that as a compliment. :)

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I would pay you a compliment if you had the wherewithal to simply say that you did not understand the context of this thread rather than attempt to intellectualize your derailing of it.

There are only 3 people in JCC who have the capability to out-smug me... and that is merely because I understand how important it is to them to seem smug, and so I pull my punches for their benefit. [face_plain]

5. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Snooki's kid?

*sorry, couldn't resist*

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  7. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
  8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    The ducks will be having a huge dinner tonight *obscure call-back to an earlier story in the thread*

10. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    In some countries, that might count as a legitimate work of art.

11. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
  12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    A Minneapolis woman says her 2-year-old son was traumatized by a man accused of slapping the boy and calling him a racial slur during an Atlanta-bound flight.
    The boy's mother, Jessica Bennett, said in a statement Saturday that her son has become "apprehensive to strangers" since the Feb. 8 flight from Minneapolis.

Joe Rickey Hundley, of Hayden, Idaho, has been charged with simple assault. His attorney said he will plead not guilty.

Bennett, 33, told authorities her son was crying as the Delta Air Lines flight prepared for landing. Hundley, 60, was sitting next to her and slapped the boy in his face, causing a scratch under his right eye, she said.

Hundley "told her to shut that (N-word) baby up," FBI special agent Daron Cheney said in a sworn statement. "Ms. Bennett received assistance from several people on the plane."
    Bennett said the infant began crying louder after he was hit.

"Hundley's comments were racist and hateful," Bennett said in a statement to KARE-TV (http://kare11.tv/YyjZ58). "The family has numerous questions about how a passenger could get so violently out of control as to assault a toddler."

Hundley was suspended from his job as president of Unitech Composites and Structures, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported (http://bit.ly/Xg2aJQ).

Al Haase, president and chief executive of AGC Aerospace and Defense, Composites Group — Unitech's parent company — said the firm was taking the matter seriously.

"In accordance with our company's personal conduct policy, we have suspended the employee pending investigation," Haase said in a statement.

http://news.yahoo.com/mother-boy-slapped-plane-now-apprehensive-002804543.html

13. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
  14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Here's a picture of the mom, and her son who was slapped and scratched under his eyes and called the n-word by a random stranger on the plane:

[​IMG]

Yeah, he's 2 years old. Not that it would make it any better if he was 8 or 18 or 80, but who hits a 2 year old...

(and the guy was apparently this bigshot CEO/President of this aerospace/defense/technology company)

15. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    This is the kind of story that just leaves you questioning all faith in humanity...:oops:

That picture is adorable, though.

Juliet316 likes this.
  16. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Absolutely disgusting. What kind of a person hits a child?

17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    The kind of 60 year old who thinks it's still okay to call a kid a "****** baby," apparently.

18. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    benknobi1 likes this.
  19. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
  20. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I know what should've been done to that guy who called a two-year-old the n-word:

"Sir, we've reached your stop."

"But the plane hasn't stopped yet, and we're still 30,000 feet in the air."

"Well, too bad."

(flight attendants proceed to throw him out the door)

Alpha-Red and Juliet316 like this.
  21. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    The United States Marine Corps is proud to present their newest mascot....Chesty XIV.
    [​IMG]
    9 week old English Bulldog.

From OOOH RAH to....Ooooh Awwwww. :p

Rogue1-and-a-half and Juliet316 like this.
  22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  23. Yoda_S

Yoda_S Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 11, 1999
  24. benknobi1

Jun 12, 2002
  25. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008