main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Highlander] Child of the Universe * DDC 2013 * COMPLETE

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Hazel, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    You capture the historical ambience very vividly. =D= Glad Darius can be a true confidante. Certainly will be nice to have an emotional breather. :)

Hazel likes this.
  3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    You write beautifully. It is so descriptive. And English isn't your first language is it? I could never write so perfectly in a second language. I remember taking a Spanish test and writing, "I will to go to the store yesterday." Obviously my instructor didn't know about my time machine at home and marked it wrong.

Great job!

Hazel likes this.
  4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Darius is a wonderful friend. I'm goind to see if i can find some pictures or videos of him so you can get ro know him.

Thank you very much! :D English is my second language but sometimes it feels like it's the first. When i was growing up i watched a LOT of TV and most shows were in English with subtitles, so i learned the language from hearing it so much.

5. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    You learned it from TV...amazing. You know, I spent six summers living with my grandmother who spoke only Spanish. I never picked up a word. Burrito, taco, enchilada ...that's about it for me.

6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I have a very good auditory memory.

7. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I'm good at eating Mexican food. ;)

NYCitygurl and Hazel like this.
  8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Poor Claire :( I'm glad she knew where to go and that Darius knew what to do!

9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Darius had been preparing for this since he met Claire and made sure she knew she could come to him for everything. Thanks!

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Great stuff learning more about Darius. =d= JL's earlier comments about second language [face_laugh] It's thinking much less speaking in a second language that would make my brain hurt these days :p Eager to find out what a quickening is. [face_thinking] Makes you almost wish our SW heroes had the gift of rebirth, one :* in particular [face_dancing] ;)

Hazel likes this.
  12. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Emrys would not fight. I wonder if that means that as one matures they get less violent and brutal? Mortal men don't live for hundreds of years, but civilizations do. I wonder if the same rule applies? Will my great grandchildren see the end of war? Somehow I really doubt it.

Nice update.

Hazel likes this.
  13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Jade_eyes - As long as we're around, our favorite characters will never die. ;)

Jedi_Lover - maybe if your great grandchildren live for a thousand years, they will. There's not mych else in Highlander canon about Emrys, except that he was a shaman to his tribe and had his first death after drinking a bad potion, but i get the feeling he was always a man of peace, unlike Darius who started out as a warlord.

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Nice! I really like the story of Emrys.

Hazel likes this.
  15. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

I wish I knew more about Emrys. He's one of those characters that are only mentioned and not a real character at all. There's a little bit more on him in this page (http://highlander.wikia.com/wiki/Emrys) but that's it.

A curiosity about the name Emrys, it is one of the names attributed to Merlin.

16. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh! Darius' story is fascinating, and perfectly told through Claire's voice. I kind of squeed when I saw 'Emyrs'. A neat way for the fandom to work Merlin into the mythos. :)

NYCitygurl and Hazel like this.
  17. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Mira_Jade - I know what you mean. I'm a HUGE fan of Arturian Legends and Merlin. Love almost all version (all except the movie).

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That's exactly what I was thinking of when I rad it :D

Hazel likes this.
  19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010

Jade_eyes likes this.
  20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    What happens if an immortal has his arm cut off? Does it grow back? Or did the TV show shrewdly avoid any amputations other than the head?

Nice update. I liked Paris also.

21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    That's a good question. There were amputations on the TV show and the limbs didn't grow back immediately, but some fans theorized that maybe an injury like that took longer to heal and that tve limb would eventually grow back. But this is a fanfiction theory, canon remains silent about it.

22. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Very interesting! I like that Claire is powerful enough to defend herself when she needs to. I wonder what effect others' quickenings have had on her?

Hazel likes this.
  23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    She has to be or she wouldn't have survived her first encounter. She does cheat a bit though, but you'll know more in a few entries when she writes about it.

24. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Very, very interesting! :) You are doing a great job showing the Immortal's world to us - although I have to agree with Claire abou the whole Game thing. For all of the power you may gain, it does not sound worth it - at all. :( The last line about Darius was sobering, which makes me wonder where you are heading next . . . [face_thinking]

Hazel likes this.
  25. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Thanks Mira! :) A lot of immortals also agree with Claire, but the problem is most don't. I think you might have guessed where I'm heading but it will be a while before we get there. I'm sticking to canon on this diary so... well... you can look it up if you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.