main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Harrison Ford to return as Han Solo

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Claire, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    She looks absolutely wonderful. Can't wait to see all three (hopefully four) up there on the screen together again.

2. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Moot point. Those DC movies weren't portraying middle aged versions of their heroes. Michael Keaton would be perfectly appropriate for a Dark Knight Returns Batman.

Star Wars will have new heroes. Having the Heroes of Yavin in the background won't change that.

3. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Then why should SW jump through the Thrawn Trilogy, Palpatine reborn, Daala's campaign and a lot of stuff directly to at least 25 ABY(Vong invasion)? It's not middle aged, they are 55-60 and will be older in EP 8 and 9, even Batman retired and trained new guy for his job.

I accept them as some background role, but not protagonists

4. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    A side note to all you moronic ageists out there...

You'd do well to remember that if not for us die-hard 'old farts' keeping the Saga alive for 30 + years, you wouldn't be here discussing it at all.

Harrison is the one and only Han Solo. Deal with it, Junior.
    And get off my lawn! :p

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That's exactly why I don't think the EU will survive, at least, not fully intact. I'm sure they will keep some elements, but at this juncture (especially with the new rumors about the Big Three returning), I think they will write the story they want to write and if it contradicts the EU, oh well. And if not, no harm done.

I have no doubts that the ST will have a new set of heroes for the new era. I also don't expect the Big Three to be filling the roles of the main heroes. They will be there more as a lead-in for the new generation. Think Obi-Wan's role in the original Star Wars, that's how I imagine they will handle it.

6. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Yes, Batman did train Terry. That means he was around as a character, being a serious badass. ;) But yes, Luke, Han and Leia as the actual main characters would be absurd.

7. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    K, that's fine. I'm just against make them protagonists again.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL at the idea that 55-60 is not middle-aged but "old."

I plan to stay middle-aged for another 30 years or so.

I learned my lesson from Ep III....once the Teaser and Full trailers are out Im going to put up the deflector shields and stay away

Ditto that.

Jedi Merkurian or DarthBoba , any thoughts on when the forum might split into spoilers and non-spoilers?

9. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    I imagine that's what most pro-people want and assume will happen. It's what I assume will be the case.

Yeah, like I said, it's highly doubtful they'll have them running through the corridors of the Death Star or swinging across chasms or anything like that...

Who would think they would have them doing any extensive action scenes, or any action scenes at all? Is that what some people who are against them coming back are thinking?

Yep. Just passing the torch. Just to say hello one last time, and then let the next generation take over.

10. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    When we start getting actual spoilers. :p

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    If Harrison Ford doesn't want to be Han, they could always get Nick Nolte to play both him and Chewie.

Vastor and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  12. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    He could also play the asteroid belt space slug. Just tell him that the model for the Millenium Falcon is a Percocet.

13. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Seriously, we have a 'like' button - we need a "BOO HISS" button too -

Some people just can't wrap their noodles around the fact that Mark, Carrie and Harrison ARE 'teh big 3' - every Action figure, every poster, every pez dispenser, and yes, even the covers of those EU books that so many people are demanding the new films follow - (note to those of you saying well they can't be this age because of this that and the other - please understand that to a lot of people, you might as well be trying to teach 'history' in Klingon - we don't get it) .
    I don't think there's a single soul who wants them to try to carry the whole series, even the whole first film, but to those of us who remember being first introduced to 'the Princess' as 'Oh heck! She's no wilty wall flower! And Luke, whom we started our own 'hero's journey' with, and Han (and of course Chewie) - the bad-assed devil may care gunslinger... for us it's a way to actually witness the passing of the torch to the next generation of pez dispensers...

And next time I see Carrie, I'm going to slip her two bucks, and say 'your next look in the mirror is on me...' ;)

14. Buddha Fett

Dec 18, 1999

Just for the sake of argument, what qualifies? Some folks may consider Ford's involvement huge spoiler material (though not actually confirmed yet...). If some 'big news' is confirmed soon that folks feel better off if they'd not been exposed to it...
    Where is the line drawn?
    I'll be in the 7:SA either way. Just askin'. ;)

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I got a huge kick out of that scene and I though Ford was pretty awesome in it (I love his flabergasted reactions the whole time) so, yeah, I'd totally hope for something as fun as that.

16. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2006
    I forgot which documentary it was on but Ford stated that the reason why he wanted Han to be killed off was because he felt that Han had no family. He barely had a background story and felt that his character was useless by that point... or something to that effect... However all that may likely change. Han will most likely have a family in the sequel trilogy and if those rumors about a prequel/Han Solo spinoff movie is true, Han will also have a background. In fact I could even foresee Ford making bookend appearance in a Han Solo movie like he did on the Young Indy series.

Maybe now that Han will have a background and family, he might not want his character to die. It's just my speculation.

17. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Well, this just made ABC World News.

Interesting.

Peace,

V-03

laurethiel1138 likes this.
  18. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2006

You're not going to change anyone's mind. The people that are backlashing and complaining about Ford, Hamill and Fisher are simply ageist bigots. They have zero respect for the elders. They hate senior citizens simply because of their old age. These same people that are complaining about Ford, Hamill and Fisher probably hates their own grandparents and danced on their grave after they died.

Must be pathetic going through life being a hateful bigot.

19. Buddha Fett

Dec 18, 1999
    Word. Harrison Ford could kick your simple ass and then build you a wheelchair ramp to your house afterwards. He's classy like that.

20. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Everyone knows old people don't exist.

21. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    They're just a myth made up by children

22. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    LMAO at this picture. I admit I did not like the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls. However, Ford had to come back to pass the torch. He will almost certainly die a heroic death during the trilogy. Most likely in the climax of Episode VII. I think that will serve to put over the villain. I doubt that Luke and Leia will be killed off. Disney will only kill off one of the big three. Solo is easy since I do not think Harrison Ford wants to go through another trilogy.

23. EvilQ

EvilQ Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 8, 2013
    Personally, I'd like to see Ford redeem the Han Solo character a bit after RoTJ undermined it so badly.

Not reading back through the thread, but whoever said that he went from badass to buffoon in RoTJ was spot on.

24. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    We'll go with 'more than rumors'-we received no-kidding spoilers regularly from sources in the know pre-2005.

25. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I saw Def Leppard in concert last year. Did they look older than they did in the 1980s? Sure. Did that make any difference in their performance? Hell, no, they did a great concert. Age is overrated.