main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What will Han's place be in Ep VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by KitsterAKABobaFett, Feb 15, 2013.

1. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I would hope he would'nt have a very prominent role. Something similar to Bail Organa's in ROTS. (not in what he does, just in amount of screen time/plot importance.) I would imagine it could work if it was even less-something like an "extended cameo" of sorts...[face_thinking]

Either way, I doubt he'll end up being a main character that would be crucial to drive the story forward.

2. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Stick with what works. Everyone loved Han from the OT, so don't change him much. He was always a carefree dude that didn't want to be involved. Sure he jumped in when people counted on him, but his personality was always hands off. I say he can play the part of the retired smuggler/general, but then he always gets "pulled back in" to some adventure where he's needed. As always: he's in the Falcon and Chewies by his side. This is the formula that works. This is what "everybody" is saying was so great about the OT. So don't mess with it.

As for this "Chewie, Han and Falcon blows up in a blaze of glory", totally the worst idea ever. Again people want the nostalgia of the OT era, which includes the familiar classic characters, but then they want to kill them off? For once I'm for Disney milking every last ounce out of Han Solo / Harrison Ford. Make him do all three, then if Ford needs a death, do it in the last film, but spare the Falcon and Chewie. Again, marketing. You don't kill off the things that make money.

Also I'm going to head some people off a the pass: before you say "killing off the familiar is good to make way for a new generation", be careful for what you wish for. A LOT of people are PT haters, that was new and for a new generation. I know they'll blame Lucas for the failure of the PT, but I blame people for WANTING the familiar and not getting it.

Star Wars isn't some emotional, deep drama. Nor should it become one. Hans character was one of a moral scoundrel/smuggler, wrapped in witty banter. None of this should change. Don't make him something he's not just for the sake of being "memorable" or "epic"...

3. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I've posted this a thousand times.

I see Han as General of the New Republic. He's often away from Leia and his children in remote locations of the galaxy putting out fires -- fighting pockets of Imperial Remnants. I expect him to die in 7 saving a planet or at least a ship full of people/refugees or something, while taking out a Mandalorian deathsquad (or something.)

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  4. jedi_jra

jedi_jra Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2011
    This + the Falcon and then = Boom!

And yes, I know it's been posted before, but this is Harrison's best performance in a decade!

5. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    To die. To give us an emotional connection with the new hero's as they, amongst other things, fight to avenge his death.

6. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    an interview I saw years ago with Ford said he considered Han Solo to be a "thin role" and the man is now 70 for crying out loud! I don't expect him to be IN the movie! Now if the movie was set in the era where the current EU books (not the plot just the era) are set.....Han is at least 70 if not older.....

Do you really think Ford will be in the movie? Han could even be dead by then....we don't even know how long after Jedi this will be set, do we?

7. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I see Han as a revered hero who is starting to feel his age. Perhaps even dying, but keeping it hidden from Leia and the public. I think he volunteers to lead a dangerous mission not expecting to return. He dies heroically. I do not see Ford devoting himself to another trilogy. I do not see Disney killing off all the main characters, since they are icons and they need them for the brand.

8. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I've been thinking about this for a while and the only character I'd actually like to see have any sort of meaningful role is Luke. Maybe Han being killed very very early in the film and perhaps Leia having a small role in either Jedi training of younglings or appearances in political matters. If they use the original cast as major players in the new films, besides Luke in a Yoda type role, I think it will be a disaster.

9. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Han will have been refrozen in carbonite, and his place will be on the mantle, above the fireplace.

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I suggest you take a look at the discussion in this thread: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/harrison-ford-to-return-as-han-solo.50009596/ ;)

Granted, nothing has been officially confirmed, but it's looking better and better all the time that he will indeed be back. As for the man now being 70? Pfft! Who cares! It's still Han Freakin' Solo!

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He'll be their silent guardian, their watchful protector...

12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    He's the hero that Courscant needs but not the one they deserve.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    WHERE'S THE FALCON? WHERE IS IT?! SWEAR TO MEEEEEEE