main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Well, your username is now an internet meme! :p

Welcome to the forums by the way.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Well, that's what came to mind. =b

AkashKedavra_93 and 07jonesj like this.
  3. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I was thinking and I think that today's episode could've been done without last weeks episode. My reasoning being is I think that last week was more of a set up episode and filler that had no real meaning. Yes I know there was the riots outside the temple and people rising up against how the Jedi have changed, but I think the whole bombing, Letta, nano droids, cato Neimoidia battle, etc..... could've been covered in the news reel from this week.

4. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    But then where our CSI:Coruscant be?

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  5. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    It'll work better as an 88-minute story, as many of these first episodes of 4-parters do.

QuangoFett likes this.
  6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It would have pissed me off royally if this arc opened with funeral and something about a bomb going off in the temple. Although it still happened off screen I like that we got to see the direct aftermath. There was some good foreshadowing last episode since we really do now have a Jedi on the run. Ahsoka isn't going to help the Jedi's PR any.

7. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    Not needed? :p

8. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Wow, I didn't even think about this but you're right! Now if we could only get some more Dark Forces references/vibes! Really awesome!

9. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I hope they release a theatrical version of this arc when it's all said and done.

07jonesj likes this.
  10. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I've long said I wish the Blu-Rays would allow you to watch 3/4-parters cutting out the middle newsreals and titles, and pushing all credits to the end, much like they did with the Nightsisters trilogy on iTunes.

Seerow and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  11. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    "Sabotage" was great and definitely needed to show the beginning of this arc. It's definitely the first episode that comes to mind in terms of not being necessary.

Seerow likes this.
  12. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    If they don't cut the newsreel and title out, I will. :p

07jonesj likes this.
  13. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    We'll have none of your editing voodoo here.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  14. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    I don't use voodoo, I use The Force. :-B

15. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  16. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Palpatine is gonna take another one of Anakins women away to help pave the path towards the dark side. That's all.

17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Poor Anakin was all dumbfounded by Ahsoka saying she couldn't trust him. I was really impressed that he held back his emotions and took an almost parental tone with her. It says alot.

18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I had the same thought. I was also impressed that he didn't throttle the clones who didn't let him into her cell, that he realized that she would have looked more guilty if he had. He used the two seconds of rational thought that he didn't bother with in ROTS.

Valairy Scot likes this.
  19. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    This is why Anakin is so much better written in TCW then he was in ROTS. He's still short-tempered but that doesn't restrain him from using his head. Simply put, he's not stupid.

20. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    Here is the ratings for the last couple of episodes:

“Point of No Return” got a rating of 1,47, which is a drop of 0,27 from the week before, and 0,04 less than its corresponding episode in s4, the twelfth episode that wasn’t a premier episode.

“Eminence” got a rating of 1,85, which is 0,38 higher than the week before, but 0,27 less than its corresponding episode in s4, the thirteenth episode that wasn’t a premier episode.

“Shades of Reason” got a rating of 1,83, which is a drop of 0,02 from the week before, but 0,21 higher than its corresponding episode in s4, the 14 episode that wasn’t a premier episode.

“The Lawless” got a rating of 1,86, which is 0,03 higher than the week before, and 0,06 higher than its corresponding episode in s4, the 15 episode that wasn’t a premier episode.

"Sabotage" got a rating of 2.02, which is 0,16 higher than the week before, and 0,16 higher than its corresponding episode in s4, the 16 episode that wasn’t a premier episode.

So far 11/17 episodes in s5 has gotten a better rating than its corresponding episode in s4, that’s a very good sign.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It kinds destroyed the image I had of Anakin kicking the asses of the Wolfpack clones after they lost Ahsoka in Padawan lost. =b

22. XJapanRoX

XJapanRoX Official Star Wars Artist star 2 VIP

Dec 5, 2004
    I KNEW there was something else I was forgetting! Yes! I remember it being the sewer level, with the Dianogas everywhere. I had a Dark Forces demo with the first three levels on it, and that level convinced me to buy the full game. I don't know what we did to get so many Dark Forces nods this episode, but it was wonderful! haha But yeah, I guess it's a bit off-topic so I'll can the gushing there! haha

TrandoJedi likes this.
  23. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Something I noticed today: On the OS, there's a featurette for TJWKTM. When Filoni is on-screen, there is a poster behind him on the right. It has 12 pics, and the lower-center pic has a blue saber versus (what looks to me) a red saber-staff. I don't know if its from a scene we already saw or if its new.

24. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    There all concept arts for Crisis On Naboo, the one your talking about is Anakin Vs Dooku. Those concept art's are in the background for all the featurettes.

25. Kotre

Kotre Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2013
    So yeah, new fan of the series here and I'm going to post my theory about what the Ahsoka Arc is leading to. If it makes no sense/contradicts something that was a plot point earlier in the series, feel free to call me out on it.

So, here goes. Ahsoka is going to leave the order. Not be kicked out, leave of her own volition because of the events of the arc. This is because of what I feel the arc is meant to convey/demonstrate and also tie off some loose ends from ROTS. What the arc is meant to convey is twofold. The first is that the Council (and by Council I mean Senate/Military/Guys who/will support Palpatine rather than any other council) is corrupt and trying to move power away from the Jedi and towards themselves. Obviously, we already know this. The Prequel Trilogy is more or less the story of Palpatine's rise to power. The characters? Not so much. That's why Anakin thinks that Letta being put in military custody, rather than Jedi is not only acceptable but logical (hence dismissing Ahsoka's disagreement as her being childish). The second is for her (and by extension us) to see first hand how impotent the Jedi actually are now. Their workers live in the slums, they're seen as warmongers and because of The Council's actions they can't do **** to help Ahsoka.

So, how does what's happened so far play into this? I believe that the Arc has been masterminded by The Council to put the Jedi under their thumbs with the following plan:
    1. Bomb the Temple
    2. Frame a Jedi for the murder of the suspect and several clones
    3. Investigate the Jedi
    4. Use the investigation to identify and marginalise Jedi hostile to the Council and put the Jedi firmly under the control of The Council
    Steps 1 and 2 were seen in the last two episodes. 3 and 4 will (assuming I'm on the right track) be coming up in the next two. The bombing itself serves two purposes, the first is that it makes the Jedi look bad (we're supposed to trust them as galactic peacekeepers when they can't guard their own back door?) and additionally to raise suspicions against them (with the rumours that a Jedi planted the bomb). We were told in TJWKTM that there are Jedi with opposing viewpoints of the war. The Council intended to exploit this by framing them for murders, again weakening their position in the eyes of the people. Ahsoka's "Letta should be Jedi business" outburst to Tarkin made her a convenient choice. From there, it was a simple matter of her co-conspirator (who's in The Council's (read: Palpatine's) pocket) telling her that Tano's the Jedi she should speak to and setting up the events seen in TJWKTM.

This leaves us with two plot threads. The first is The Council's plans coming to fruition, which I won't go into since it's well outlined. Essentially, they find out that Ahsoka thought that Letta should "be dealt with" (i.e. they have a motive), and that there are Jedi who agree with her decision. The Council ends up with some more power over the Jedi as a result of this. The second is Ahsoka and where she goes from here. The short answer is undercover to find out A) Who's responsible for setting the whole thing up and B) what life is like and the people think of the Jedi outside of battle and the temple. She's only looking for A; but having to hide her identity and living in the outside world will lead her to B in the process. What does she find out about A? Well she finds out that the 'Jedi' Letta was working for was Darth Maul, who after the torture is a shadow of his former self (Ventress is probably the one who reveals this to her, or sets her on the right track). He has a lightsaber and force powers, to an outsider that makes him a Jedi. The fact that Maul couldn't have arranged for a Jedi to visit Letta to get set up on his own, leads her to the conclusion that The Council (or at least Tarkin) was involved. The Jedi can't, and won't support this without evidence (though Anakin, Obi Wan and others trust her judgement). With B she makes the standard revelation that the Clone War has affected the people more deeply than she realised, and more or less to the conclusion that she wants no more part of it. Those combined make her realise that she can do more outside the Jedi order than she can as a Padawan causing her to cut off her braid and leave the temple for good. Anakin later interprets her leaving as a betrayal after he jumps on the slippery slope to Vader.

She remains a character in Season 6, albeit more independent with her episodes focusing more on finding out how Maul is involved with The Council than the war itself. She also manages to survive Order 66 since she's no longer an active Jedi, enabling her to be used in other media. But that's not important.