main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Harrison Ford to return as Han Solo

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Claire, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Chewie's coming back. Peter Mayhew already signed a contract that he would appear in the ST. EU be damned! I'm sick of all this consternation over half-baked and poorly executed stories only 2% of the SW community even bothers to read. End of story. Get over it peeps.

The ageism is ridiculous and seriously offensive. Should be banned from the forums. It's a form of discrimination.

Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher coming back is ACES for Disney and shows how serious they are about this WIN! JJ Abrams, Arndt, Kasdan, John Williams = WIN!!! A+++

2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    And, with a wrong script he'll MAKE it fine. :)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    OK. I'll be in 7NSA which is why I asked. I'll watch trailers but that's it.

The Bops likes this.
  4. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Sorry. Not viewing spoilers results in TFN agents. :p

5. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    HAN freakin' SOLO!!!!!

DarthMak and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  6. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Carbon freezing is pretty rough on the nerves egh?

TreborSabreon likes this.
  7. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Age is no problem for the big 3 to reprise their roles ( Ian Mckellon was 72 when filming the Hobbit !!! )

Disney are not STUPID they will not have the big 3 be the center of the movie ..... they will balance it out whether they have minor supporting roles to even cameo's .

8. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Good lord I can't get over it. This is literally more important than my entire family and career. It's going to be real difficult to screw this movie up:cool:

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This is so important that I quit my job, moved out of the house, and am now living on the streets waiting until 2015.

10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    So it wasn't just me, then.

11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Geez, what are you gonna do when it's delayed to summer 2016?

12. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    Sounds like some folks need to freeze themselves in Carbonite and have someone thaw em out when the movie drops

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Murder and steal.

14. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    This thread is coming apart.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    It's a rumour thread, we can get wacky and very ... liberal. If you catch my drift. Hint hint.

16. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Let's get this out of the way now. Not wanting the big three to return to Star Wars in major roles is not necessarily ageism or discrimination. My grandparents are older than Harisson and they think the concept of a man of his age being in the Star Wars sequels is ludicrous.

17. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    Peter Cushing (Grand Moff Tarkin) was 64 years old in ANH
    Alec Guinness (Obi-Wan) was 63 in ANH (so even older by the time of ESB and RotJ)
    Ian McDiarmid (Palpatine/Sidious) was 61 in RotS
    and...ready for this?
    Christopher Lee (Count Dooku) was 80 years old in AotC

18. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I'm not saying that I agree with my grandparents, just saying that thinking the main 3 are too old to be in a Star Wars film does not automatically equate to ageism.

stormcloud8 likes this.
  19. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Well so far no one at Disney, J.J. Abrams or anyone involved in the movies has come forward to quickly deny this rumor. It's looking good for those of us who want Han back. The above video proves Harrison can still play Han.
    Oh and am i the only one who didn't hate Indy 4? I know Shia was hard to stomach but i thought the movie was decent.

JainaSoloYJK and FinleySlade like this.
  20. bluesaber70

bluesaber70 Jedi Knight star 2

May 25, 2007
    I for one am beside myself with joy. Remember JJ Abrams said he would have a part. Perhaps narator? Perhaps on his death bed. Anyway what a way to make die-in-the-wool Star Wars fans giddy!!

21. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I have not seen a single good argument as to why is it bad for someone who is older to return to portray the older version of their character.

People use the "they're too old" phrase as if it is self-explanatory and obvious. There is nothing behind that phrase, no argument, no real reason except someone...GASP - getting old as...time...goes...by? What devilry is that?

That "argument" is something that really fuels quite a bit of rage in me, and I'll be quite direct and say that I find it to be downright stupid.

22. GlueParkEnigma

GlueParkEnigma Jedi Master star 1

Nov 10, 2012
    Well one would assume that if one of the main characters comes back, then they will all come back. And if cloning Ben or snaking is part if the story they could have a cast with no need for new characters made up with actors from the Ot and Pt together.

Live, Love, Learn & Laugh

23. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    As I get older, "old" gets older. I remember when 40 was old... Well, that ship has sailled.

Echo-07 and Krueger like this.
  24. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Harrison Ford is liberal. He's good buddies with Bill Clinton

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah. Pretty sure that ship is lost somewhere in the Unknown Regions by now.

For the PP who asked, I didn't hate Indy 4 either, in fact, I like it a hell of a lot better than Temple of Doom.

Age is less important than shape; I would agree that the actors need to be in shape, but assuming that that is impossible to do at age 60 or 70 is age-ism.

Bizarre rumors: Padme is Boba Fett. (A real one from the ROTS days.).

Darth Chiznuk likes this.