main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Clone Wars Continuity Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sabarte, May 12, 2008.

1. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Just saw it, a truly great episode, Loved the more OT setting, a fantastic chase scene and more important great character interaction . Thats what Starwars is about

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I haven't really thought about the music on this show for a while, but the last act reminded me of how excellent it's gotten.

DarthApprentice and fett 4 like this.
  3. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    So you are arguing from the character's perspective? That changes things completely. Even with her Force skills, Ahsoka had no guarantees what would happen to her. And her future, from her perspective, is very unknown.

But what I said still stands. It was a homage and not a ripoff, and the scenes served different purposes for the different narrative each were telling, so an apples to apples comparison doesn't quite fit.

Really, those are my main points. If you did not like TCW homage, I can't really argue with your opinion.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    They shouldn't be so attached to their homages that it necessitates making the characters stupid. Once again Anakin forgets that he can use the Force to grab someone. Unless it's not Anakin who forgot...

5. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Actually I felt like I was watching The Fugitive. ;)

The reason why TCW should stop using OT dialogue, as well as showing homages to certain scenes, is because they overdo them. I get it. TCW is Star Wars. However, instead, they like to bat us over the head with numerous references to make sure we know...

fistofan1 and DarthStymi like this.
  6. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    My read was that she convinced him to let her go.

Random Comments and DarthStymi like this.
  7. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    There are a lot of possible interpretations. To me, he never seemed willing to force her to do anything. He could have overpowered her and forced her to do what he wanted at any time. He chose not too. He instead wanted her to make what he considered to be the right decision.

Random Comments likes this.
  8. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    That keycard looked like the ones from Dark Forces. Neat.

Giant statues of clones eh...must have built those awfully quickly. Given the Republic's budget problems, seems a tad unnecessary.

My prediction for the jedi terrorist: Ashoka's split personality. Like the jedi from that one story with the twilik killer.

9. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Good episode. The Republic military base had a great ominous atmosphere and I like that they've started to introduce clones in a non-friendly role. I'm very much looking forward to the rest of this arc.

Also, I love that someone remembered that blasters have a stun setting. This episode probably had more stun blasts in it than, well, any other story, ever.

Summer Dreamer likes this.
  10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Who could the traitor be? Barriss? Or was it Ventress or Maul, under orders from Palpatine/Sidious?

I was also totally expecting Anakin at the end to say "Come with me, it is the only way."

Random Comments likes this.
  11. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Personal highlight for me has to be that awesome helmet paint scheme for those Massif Dog Trainer Troopers. :)

12. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Awesome episode. I loved the visuals from the chase scenes (the whole exterior of the GAR base) and the music for this episode (the subtle use of the Imperial March theme in the detention facility was fantastic).

DarthApprentice likes this.
  13. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Great stuff today.

14. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    On the one hand, the animation is really good, like the prison scene- the Republic symbol (most of the time we only see the ripoff starbird they added to the Jedi, which was on the coffins), with all the war machines parked out front, I think I saw Y-wings and Z-95 (or whatever the show version is called), not to mention the Venators and Acclamators hovering overhead. Kind of funny having those giant clone statues, unless it can be retconned to be something like TOR troopers (since TOR ripped off a lot of Clone Wars designs, pre-empting them as one of the new sources for clone trooper armor).

I didn't mind most of the OT references in this episode, like Tarkin grabbing Ahsoka's chin or future-Vader ordering blasters set to stun. The Fugitive homage was ok, just hope the rest of these episodes aren't just focusing on Ahsoka, since its obvious she's being set up, since audio conveniently cuts out at the most suspicious times. Tarkin doesn't see it, but then he's an idiot and a jerk.

I really hope the ominous hints about Bariss are just misdirection, so far she's been a good Jedi, they wouldn't ruin her character like that, it'd be inconsistent and depressing and, and... oh wait, this is TCW, of course they would do something so wasteful and stupid. There goes Bariss. I hope not, but this is TCW.

Ahsoka's running, and at least she finally figured she's being set up, though took her long enough. Too bad looks like Obi-wan is off-planet already, can't have him there as a reasonable authority figure (and not like Yoda or Mace ever do anything but talk anymore), but huh, an Anoat reference I think, as well as Saleucami.

15. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    To me, it looks like we're entering the final months of the war.

16. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    And...the inevitable internet meme of the two scenes ;) (and no, I didn't make it).

[​IMG]

DarthApprentice, JackG and Robimus like this.
  17. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    It's clear someone put a lot of work into that, but then they went and put a T in the word "much" and poof! There goes my interest in their opinion.

18. Danz Borin

Danz Borin Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 16, 2012
    So, was the Death Star corridors just carbon-copied from the prison/GAR base, or was the GAR base/prison carbon copied from the Death Star corridors? They were identical, right down to the 5RA ISB droid.

19. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Nothing new here, Imperial stuff has always been mentioned as being modular, so the Clone army equipment should be as well. ;)

20. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Perhaps the fine line between homage and rip-off was crossed.
    :rolleyes:

fistofan1, GGrievous and Esg like this.
  21. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Disagree here, what has Bariss done since Brain Invaders? I would rather have her interesting than simply generic Jedi number 2 on the left.

Though that's me assuming
    1) They actually have Bariss do it, rather than cop out with a bad guy like Maul/Ventress etc
    2) The reason's she has (if she has done it) are well written, understandable and coherent

22. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    That seems like a lot of work for something that obvious.

23. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    That's the thing, though. What reasons *does* she have? Any reason they try to give her would come out of left field. Has she ever shown dissatisfaction with the order? No, not to the degree that she'd blow up part of the temple and murder someone. And why would she frame Ahsoka, her friend? I think Barriss is a red herring.

We already know Ventress is in these episodes, so I'm assuming she's the one who choked the witness and helped free Ahsoka. But, again, we don't know her motive. And why would she frame Ahsoka, but then free her? Is she looking for an annoying sidekick? :p

I'd also accept Palpatine being behind this in some way, because it simultaneously divides Anakin from his padawan and makes him less trusting of the Jedi Council (judging by the previews, there's going to be some sort of Jedi trial...) But maybe that's just a happy coincidence.

I'm rather glad I haven't spoiled myself on this arc, because I'm not completely sure where it's going. I hope we don't return to the status quo at the end, though I think that's the most likely outcome.

24. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, Jack, that was a total rip off. There's no denying that.

25. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Amen to this