main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Optimistic Appreciation Thread!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by koonfan, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    <3 Jim Cummings. You have great tastes of character sir. Hondo is great and I'm really not at all sick of him. Welcome to the optimist bunch.

Charles Murray.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  2. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Whoops! Time for Seerow's weekly optimism report after seeing the new episodes. The good times are rolling now. Best Ahsoka episode to date. Loved the character interaction. That chase was badass, keep them coming and I even got my fix of clone action. I was thinking of rewatching Umbara today but now that urge is gone.

3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Ashoka was very awesome in the newest episode! Ashley Eckstein did some excellent voice acting, Ashoka really sounded confused and scared as she was being framed. The constant chase was spectacularly amazingly superbly really awesome! I definitely was excited watching it and didn't want it to end.

TCW FTW.

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I have no idea what the motive of the antagonist in this arc is and I am very interested in finding out.

I think that's optimism.

5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah, I've rarely been more excited to see the next episode.

The only thing that could make this arc more perfect is if Rex gets his chance to do something, ask that "Why?"

6. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Since the beginning of the Fugitive arc, I've actually been wondering whether or not Season 5 is better than Season 4?

7. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    No. Not even close. :p

8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm not going to rank season 5 til its over. As it stands I like season 5 better than season 1 and 3.

9. Nubbs

Nubbs Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2013
    The Maul arc and the first two episodes of this Ahsoka arc are what I thought I was going to experience when I took my niece to TCW movie. Better dialog and voice acting, interesting plots, beautiful animation and a significantly less annoying padawan protagonist. They should have waited on the movie, I'd love to see what they could do now.

I'm actually optimistic about TCW again. Well done, TCW crew. Can't wait for next week.

10. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Damn, Ahsoka breaking out of prison and escaping into 1313? It's amazing how much our little Padawan has grown. :'-)

11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Not the smartest thing Ahsoka has ever done but its paying off for my viewing pleasure.

LOL. Did the human weapon thing from Letta make ya think as well?

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  12. kryptonjedi

kryptonjedi Jedi Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    After watching the "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much" today and seeing the Malevolence Arc afterwards, I think its safe to say that the animation has improved significantly .

Nubbs and 07jonesj like this.
  13. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    The facial expressions! The old models didn't have forehead muscles, I don't think.

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The animation has gotten so cinematic and the new models are far more expressive. Eyebrows even seem to have fluff.

07jonesj likes this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I appreciate the clone 99. What an inspiration he was to Hevy and helped out in the battle of Kamino

Seerow and 07jonesj like this.
  16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    What'd you think of his end? Was it appropriate for you, and a good way for him to go out? Too dramatic?

Gotta say I love the Battlefront 2 design of Kamino that they used in "ARC Troopers". Brought back memories.

QuangoFett likes this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I would have liked it if he was able to get more ammo or grenades and come back and tried to save the others and died doing so but dying while trying to get more ammo was pretty good. He didn't give up on his duty.
    The Battlefront 2 design of Kamino was amazing. Yeah it did bring back memories alright.

07jonesj likes this.
  18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The end was Echo cradling 99's body while the Fives, Rex, and Cody (choking back tears) are gathered around gives me feels.

19. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Really, the only bad thing about "The Jedi Who Knew Too Much" is that LucasFilm once again portrayed Ahsoka as too weak.

20. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Too weak? She escaped a High security prison with dozens of clones chasing her. How is that weak?

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  21. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Any Jedi could've done that. Its the way that Ahsoka escaped that's bothersome. While she was sneaking out of the facility, she at one point jumped onto a high vantage point where she could easily be spotted(and she does indeed get spotted by Fox). Later, she incompetently gets herself surrounded by Clone troopers.

Another thing: Why didn't she escape when Fox was apprehending her for supposedly killing Letta prior to her escape from the military base? Why didn't she just Force-push them out of the way?

She gets rescued by a bunch of younglings in the Young Jedi arc and by R2 in "A Friend in Need", but she can barely rescue herself.

22. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Weak? I completely disagree - did you see her acrobatic abilities?

She's a bit exhausted by that point - can you blame her?

23. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    InterestingLurker She didn't use the Force on Fox because she never intended to (nor did she at any point) harm anyone. She didn't harm any clones in her escape. She deflected shots. She dodged. She used stealth. But she didn't outright attack any troopers.

24. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Ashoka wasn't going to potentially harm someone she knows.

07jonesj likes this.
  25. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    I still think she shouldn't have made the mistake of jumping onto that statue of the Clone trooper where she could easily be spotted.