main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion who wants Leia to have a fight scene like Yoda?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by RAZORBLADE, Feb 17, 2013.

1. RAZORBLADE

RAZORBLADE Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 13, 2013
    Love the idea of leia appering as a politician throughout the movie then the third act reveal,s that luke thought her the ways of the force and she learned how to fight with a lightsabre. in the last action scene she is cornered by the main villian, a lightsabre wielder and just as it looks like she is doomed, out pops a lightsabre from her sleeve, ala palpatine and she spins into action. Discuss

2. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    No insulting. Discuss the post.

3. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    See above.

4. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I don't want to see her jumping around (like Dooku jumping off the balcony), but there's probably a good chance she's well versed in using a lightsaber by now. If Luke or the kids need help, I'm sure she'd answer the call. I wonder how Han feels about it though.

5. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Nah....I think she will have a back ground role......

6. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Of course. As in, heck Yes.

agentkrycek and RAZORBLADE like this.
  7. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    come on darth claire as a woman would you not like to see the original independent woman kick some bad guy ass?

8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    It might be a good twist if you spend the whole flick not seeing Leia be a Jedi or do anything Force and/or Jedi-like. You figure she's just Leia and not a Jedi. Luke is sort of the elder statesman Jedi doing all that bidness. Then, when the chips are down and all hope is lost, Leia whips out the lightsaber and takes out a bunch of baddies. Moral? "What? I practiced in the past 35 years!"

The Bops, agentkrycek and RAZORBLADE like this.
  9. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    that is excatly what i want to see.

10. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    perhaps i should have said "had a fight scene like palpatine" btu it could be a really cool third act reveal if she whipped out a blue lightsabre and fought alongside han and chewie

The Bops and Dra--- like this.
  11. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Because it'll depress me knowing its most likely NOT carrie actually doing it *my mind will kept reminding myself that its most likely just some other woman doing the stunts and plus I'd rather see Luke be the lightsaber elderly bad ass*. Plus we'll have the rumored female protagonist to be doing the independant woman kicking bad guy ass.

Julius Vernon and TreborSabreon like this.
  12. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    maybe i should have said she has a fight like palpatine. just imagine in the third act she has an attempt made on her life. han and chewie come to her rescue but they could pinned down in a hallway trying to escape then with the main badguy approaching she whips out a lightsabre and starts kicking ass. that would be a crowd pleasing moment if you ask me.

13. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
  14. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I guess for the fans. We dont know how the general audience reaction would be. Who knows they could LOL their pants off at that. Also I dont want too much action spent on the original cast, cause thats what the new cast is for.

RAZORBLADE likes this.
  15. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    true but the old cast deserve their moment in the sun. i want the climax of the movie to involve two action scenes. one involving an attempt on leia's life, which would allow leia han and chewie their moment in the sun[ and have an skyfall/aston martin moment for the falcon] and then the last action scene will see the guys on the run, they eventually get tracked down to tatooine when luke and the new jedi order[ numbering about 12 at this point] would come to their rescue. the new order would become the hero's then and would drive the story of VII AND IX

16. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Cool I guess but we also have to think of Carrie...do you think she'd want to do a highly physical fight scene *even if it isn't mostly her* I can easily see her wanting to take the back seat and not do anything too huge. But if its a one time thing then maybe *though I see her using a blaster more likely because thats what most audiences remember her using. Not a light saber*. But who knows. The key is to think of these films from a general audience standpoint and ask yourselves "Do non-fanboys want to see this?".

17. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Leia is a bada**. I don't understand the (sort of) hate.

agentkrycek likes this.
  18. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    I'd love to see her use a lightsaber. It doesn't even need to be a duel or anything. Just something along the lines of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon battling their way out of the Trade Federation ship at the start of TPM would be cool.

19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Leia with a fight scene? Sure. Leia with a fight scene like Yoda? Nope.

20. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    "non fanboys" do not exist i think. everyone love star wars, besides if they can make christoper lee look cool fighting then they can make leia look cool. and it IS a sequel so if those half dozen people who do not understend what is going on then us fanboys[and girls] can shom them the orignal movies

21. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    yeah i should have probaly said" should leia have a fight scene like palpatine" much better question

22. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I hope not. Leia having a sudden jump from the spunky politician and Rebel leader in ROTJ to old Jedi master would break the film for most casuals who have not read the EU. Plus, I don't think Carrie Fisher doing any type of physical activity would be believable.

23. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Suprisingly there are some people who dont know/aren't big fans of star wars. Since this is JJ Abrams we're dealing with the movie will most likely be geared more towards general audiences than fanboys *cause that guy blew up Vulcan which is a BIG fanboy no no and didn't bring back the entire Original series cast*. I'm just saying fans shouldn't set themselves up for unrealistic expectations for the OT cast. The OT cast might fight but I doubt it will be as extravagent and such as some fans want.

24. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    another reason leia should fight is because it was believed that she would be trained in the ways of the force after ROTJ so as a sequel it should show us that. otherwise it will be a complete waste having leia be luke's sister and not doing anything jedi-like. this question was just an idea in my head but the more i think about it the more it seems it could happen

agentkrycek likes this.
  25. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Casuals don't need to read the EU. ROTJ revealled her as the other Skywalker sibling, outright said she will one day learn the ways of the Force and even show her sensing Luke's presense at the end of the film.

Going strictly by film canon, becoming a Jedi is the most logical step for her character - more so than going back to being a politician.