main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Casting Call for Star Wars Episode VII!

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by dolphin, Feb 17, 2013.

1. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Jedi Knight Fett and DarthBreezy like this.
  2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Already? Man they're moving fast. Much faster than Star Trek Into Darkness *god bless that film*. I can't tell if this means its being rushed or they really know what they're doing

3. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Why does the listing summarize all current public information, including mentioning the two spin-off movies and the fact it will be an "original story" not from the EU? Why would a casting call mention that?

4. admiral_Jim

admiral_Jim Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2004
    "Mark Hamill has questions".......how much will the cheque be for and do I really have to go on a diet?

Darth Sone, darthgator1217 and Vastor like this.
  5. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999
    Not sure. We would have to ask the intern who wrote up the summary.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Is this legit? I mean, I know there are many film production websites on the Internet, with news about casting calls and shoot dates and things like that, but I’ve never heard of this website. The main ones I know of are Production Weekly, Its On The Grid and My Entertainment World.

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Well if it ISN'T a fake, it's a delicious tease -

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  8. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Well it confirms Harrison Ford !........gee I hope it's true - it looks genuine :)

9. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Awesome

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That's my concern as well. It also mentions that the spin-off films will be focusing on Yoda, Boba Fett and Han, none of which have been confirmed yet.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  11. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    The casting call also mentions that JJ is working on Half-Life, something which is pretty much not happening yet. Valve and Bad Robot are still trying to figure out if they can do such a film, and it is far from any type of production. This casting call is certainly a fake.

12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
  13. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Smells like fake cheese to me.

stormcloud8 likes this.
  14. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Odd, since Ford and the rest haven't been officially confirmed yet.

15. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    arndt has wrote the screenplay for little miss sunshine.

yea... that sentence alone kinda makes me suspect that it's not real. has wrote. oy.

that, and the fact that it says lucas is producing the film at the bottom, which i was fairly certain had been made clear that he was having nothing to do with it.

my kind of scum likes this.
  16. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Yeah, the more I think about it the more I think it’s a fake. What gave it away for me was the "confirmation" that the spin-off films would revolve around Yoda, Han and Fett, the only rumoured ones. Also, it "confirms" three standalone films, whereas the official site actually went on record and confirmed that two were in development. It just looks as though someone has been paying attention to gossip and come up with this themselves. Even the shooting location was nothing but rumors and gossip, and they've even put that in there.

17. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Also, there is the fact that for the first 6 movies and the 4 Indiana Jones movies, Lucas has ALWAYS been an EXECUTIVE Producer, NOT a Producer. So even considering that there is a good chance he won't even be an Exective Producer for these movies since he has retired from the company officially, he certainly won't be producer. The producer is going to be JJ's Bad Robot producer partner (forget his name).

18. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Screenwriter Michael Arndt has wrote the screenplay for "Little Miss Sunshine" for which he received an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay. Other screenplays for huge films include "Toy Story 3," and "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire".

He has "wrote" the screenplay for "Little Miss Sunshine". Erm, ... bloody hell! I'm glad the author of the article hasn't written any screenplays. Bloody awful writing!

Count Yubnub likes this.
  19. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Isn't Kathleen Kennedy producing?

20. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999
    Hmm....maybe it isn't real after all. Is this common, fake casting calls?

21. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999

Shakes Darth_Zidious and screams, "Was I duped man?! Was I duped??"

22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yea, you could say that. there's always, always, always false info floating around trying to get people to visit their site and so forth. supershadow anyone?

23. Figrin D'aniel

Figrin D'aniel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 12, 2013
    I don't think this is necessarily fake...Alan Baltes seems like a pretty respectable and reputable source. He also posted the information on examiner.com

http://www.examiner.com/article/cas...ey-studios-feature-film-star-wars-episode-vii

It may be the case that the casting call is in fact true and currently happening but Alan Baltes just filled in the rest of the details based on rumors and information from the places they have already been posted online.

24. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well, the casting call is probably true... although i'm not sure about the addresses and so forth. i mean, i'm sure they know what major characters they're going to need and such. but everything else on there i'm highly, highly suspicious of. for instance, ford was supposedly months away from confirming being in because of contract negotiations. and that's directly from his agent. and lucas being a producer... just doesn't jive at all. and bates is supposed to be the exec, not the producer. there's just all kinds of buggaboos in there.

25. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999
    I've been told that the website is a fake.