main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Glad you all enjoyed it! Everyone loves a little snow.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
  3. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    @Barriss_Coffee - it's not surprising. Just watch the first five minutes of episode 1 of Star Maidens and you may conclude that there is no gif capable of responding to it.

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL, Joss Whedon zombie. Well played this time Robot Chicken.

5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    InterestingLurker, remember when I mentioned I hope Tiberius would flay his troops after abandoning him?

Check out the info for the episode this Friday:

"Decimation"

Tension mounts when a Roman spy is suspected of infiltrating Spartacus' camp, while Crassus resorts to meting out a long abandoned form of Roman punishment in order to teach his troops a painful lesson.

Get.
    Excited.

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    :eek:

They're gonna
    cut off their cocks

7. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    <<<< OH YEAHHHH! That looks grand... I LOVE IT... Thanks Seerow!!![:D][:D][:D]

Seerow likes this.
  8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  9. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    No, that already happened in Season 1. Well, actually, that guy had his cock pulled off but same thing, really.

10. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    I once watched a program on the History channel(so half of it probably isn't true) that said that the Roman commander that was fighting against Spartacus in real life had his troops throw stones at anyone in the army who wasn't seen fighting the rebels or fighting hard enough.

11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    *blinks*

Damn.

I did a search for that show after you all were discussing it last time and it does look interesting enough to add to my list of shows that I want to watch for the first time/catch up on.

But...damn.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    InterestingLurker Exactly, that was what I was referencing when it said long abandoned. It's the perfect time to do it again.

13. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    anakinfansince1983 There are a couple of places on the Internet where you can watch it right now.

14. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I lost.

Damn you Baauer!

15. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Ahhh ...I'm going crazy waiting for the 3rd season of Spartacus airing here.
    No, wait ... I *am* crazy already. Hmmm ...

On another note, the Crowfield family actually managed to survive their first two hours of playing the Star Wars D6 RPG together. While Mr. and Sgt. Crowfield have a common SW D6 history going back to the mid-90s, Sonny Crowfield is the newbie. And guys, did we have fun!
    Okay, *I* did have fun. But I believe the lads enjoyed the experience as well.

Sonny (who's 8, mind you) plays as a (female) Padawan, hubby as a (male) teenage braggart, gambler and spaceship pilot ... imagine a teen Han Solo. The padawan and her (NPC) master were to accompany a company of the 21st Nova Corps to some planet in Seppie territory where they were supposed to build a small fortress- the pilot was (of course) the pilot of the mercenary cargo ship that was needed to get them there.
    Well, what happened? Evil mommy had one of the freighter crew jettison the troop transport modules and wreck the freighter to collect the rest of the cargo (gun turrets and stuff). Well, in the end the players managed to crash-land the damaged freighter on some uncharted jungle planet - just pilot, padawan, a single NPC clone sergeant and a single NPC butler droid were still on board.

After their first survey of the unknown territory ...

Pilot: "Hey, young lady, didn't you tell us just a few hours ago that your biggest wish was to get away from Coruscant and the Jedi Temple to live on some quiet world in the outback where no master would order you around?"
    Padawan: "Er ... yes, that's what I said."
    Pilot: "Well, looks like your wish came true!"
    Padawan: "But this is not what I wanted!"
    Pilot: "Well, then you should have been a *tad* more specific!!!"

Silence. Then:

Padawan: "Okay, guys. If nobody comes to search for us and we have to remain here for the rest of our lives, we will have to repopulate the planet."
    Pilot (taken aback): "What? - Err, well, then start your repopulation project with the sergeant and produce a litter of daughters. They'll hopefully be grown up in no time, and then I'll join the project team."

Later. Padawan and sergeant fight off a couple of predators which had besieged the wreck while the pilot tries to repair the ship's sensors. With all the roaring, yelling, shooting and hissing of the lightsaber going on, he just can't concentrate on his task.
    Pilot (to butler droid): "You! Do something against this noise!"
    Butler droid: "Very well, sir." (starts to sing an operatic aria on full blast) ...

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That's awesome. :). My kids play games on the iPad; I haven't bought them a PS yet although I'm sure I'll cave soon. I haven't played a video game since the Atari days so I'm sure my efforts would resemble the Dave Barry soliloquy about his son on the Nintendo.

"Great job, Mom! Your character lasted a full three seconds before dying! That's one second longer than last time!" In the same voice that I used to use when I'd praise them for pooping on the toilet.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Is it true that you Yanks are celebrating President's Day? Lol what a joke. Yeah that's totally different from North Korea demanding you worship their exalted leader.
    >America
    >Democracy
    PICK ONE LOL

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    We are, but it's not current President worship as much as honoring Washington and Lincoln at the same time. Which was set up to appease those who did not want a Martin Luther King federal holiday.

I'll take the day to sleep in regardless. :p

19. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Hehehe, anakinfansince1983, that's great! [face_laugh]
    I've been a habitual (video) gamer since Pong times and still have some of the old consoles (and Atari 2600 among them). I bought my first 'real' computer just to play Wolfenstein 3D ...
    Sonny, however, prefers pen and paper roleplaying over computer and console gaming, but he's still an avid player of the Lego games (on our XBox), and he's a huge fan of Angry Birds (he usually plays that on grandpa's tablet PC).
    I love to watch the kids play Kinect games. It's so cute when they jump around in front of the TV set :).

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm totally zoned out of it today. x.x;

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Same. I woke up at 11. :D

22. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I woke up at 10am, pretty routine for work. But I'm all foggy from stupid cold meds.

23. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I took acid last night so I'm a little hazy from that. At least it's in the 20s today; past 6 days have been over 30 degrees!

24. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Yeah, it's not like an unelected monarch would get extravagant celebrations of chest-thumping nationalism every time a certain interval of time from their coronation is reached, or that her close family would get similarly extravagant celebrations of their marriages, with politicians at the top of a hyper-centralised political system able to harness all this flag-waving for their own cynical purposes...

Oh, wait. :p

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  25. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    It's okay, we get to stab King Washington (or King George, but we can't have two King Georges running around the world, can we?) tomorrow if you happen to play Assassin's Creed. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.