main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Optimistic Appreciation Thread!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by koonfan, Oct 25, 2010.

1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    She did it to avoid Clone trooper Hound. How was she to know some more clones were about to start patrol?

2. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Ashoka could of easily killed the troopers and escaped, but she didn't because they wouldn't be the right thing to do and only make her look more guilty than she already was.

Dark Lord Tarkas and 07jonesj like this.
  3. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    The Force is with her. She should have been able to sense that she would have been spotted if she remained there.

4. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    She didn't sense the true perpetrator of the murders, just as Tarkin rightly pointed out. The Force fluctuates, it isn't always showing a Jedi everything there is.

Apart from that In-Universe thing, there's this little thing called tension. How boring Star Wars would be if a Jedi was invincible, and could see the future crystal clear. I believe that was contradicted all the way back in Empire, with Luke's vision of his friends.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  5. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    I cannot judge to much at this point. I just started season 3 and i LOVED the 1st 3 episodes!!!! :)

6. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Just skip "Evil Plans".

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  7. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    TCW is clearly trying to step it up on all levels with the Mauldalore and Jedi Fugitive arcs. Here's hoping they continue with this kind of storytelling, and leave stuff like the droid arc behind.

8. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Though I do hope we see an episode like A Sunny Day in the Void again...

*Raises flame-shield*

Seerow likes this.
  9. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Worth noting that the D-Squad arc was actually made after the Mauldalore arc. So them "stepping it up" in the last two arcs really doesn't apply to the production team. What they've actually done is gone from the worst in the entire show and actually made great episodes.

Go on. You know you have to provide an explanation. Or down to the Rancor you go! [face_devil]

Seerow likes this.
  10. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    The arc looked great, but the story as an arc made no sense whatsoever.

11. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    A Sunny Day in the Void was a philosophical episode that asked pretty deep questions for a show geared towards all ages. How many shows like TCW ask the questions that were spoken in that episode? Not much.

Perhaps LucasFilm can produce another though-provoking episode without including characters like WAC and Gascon. I hope they do. A Sunny Day in the Void was great for what it was.

Seerow and 07jonesj like this.
  12. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I thought the way that those episodes asked those questions were really heavy-handed and inconsistent. Gascon changes his mind at the start of every new episode on what his beliefs are. He ends one episode liking the droids, and the opening of the next has him calling them by derogatory nicknames again.

Oh, and I love these kinds of questions in sci-fi. Look at my avatar, BSG and Caprica thrived on this type of stuff. Yes, I'm aware the intended audience is much more mature in those shoes, but even films like Toy Story or Shrek ask philosophical questions. They, at least, don't do so in an annoying manner.

Thanks for answering the question though. It's a valid reason, I guess I've just seen a lot of shows/films ask those same questions, and delivered in a much more entertaining way.

13. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Without the beginning and end, the D-Squad arc would have been brilliant, IMO. Both A Sunny Day In The Void and Missing In Action were excellent - enjoyable, provocative, often spectacular and sometimes amusing.

My thoughts on Secret Weapons and, to a slightly lesser extent, Point Of No Return are not appropriate for an optimism thread.

Seerow likes this.
  14. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Me personally, I found the Droids arc decent.

As for the tomorrow's episode, judging by the spoilers, I am ****ing stoked.

15. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I loved Sunny Day in the Void. Ya know, anyone gets some free time lets have some fun. Please watch the anime Casshern Sins (and this is commitment, once you start it you have to finish it and those first 11 episodes may test you) then come back and watch the droid arc, particularly Void. Tell me what your thoughts.

Dudes, I will open the chatroom and we can get through this test together.

16. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    OK, I have to say that this current arc only gets better and better. I really loved "To Catch a Jedi", even if it portrayed Ahsoka as a weakling.

Pros:

+Levels 1312 and 1315 were fantastic in terms of atmosphere. Both locations have made me even more interested in Star Wars 1313, which is coming out this year.
    +The Tookas were actually quite adorable.
    +Some of Ventress's dialogue was awesome. "And not a single Clone killed; its the new me."
    +The cliffhanger at the end got my adrenaline running for a bit.
    +Ventress's helmet was kind of cool.
    +Its good that LucasFilm isn't afraid to have you-know-who as the culprit(don't click the link if you don't want any potential spoilers).
    +We got see Barriss's hair. Finally! After all these years!
    +People will disagree with me on this, but I liked the design of the police.
    +That was some narly fist-fighting. Wolffe didn't stand a chance.
    +I really liked that bit at the beginning of the episode where Mace questions Anakin's resolve to catch his own padawan.
    +The falling elevator scene was funny, even if it portrayed Ahsoka as kind of dumb.
    +More Tarkin is good Tarkin.

Cons:
    -Plo Koon didn't really do much.
    -Ahsoka was too weak.

Despite the cons, I feel like giving this episode a 10/10. The pros made up for a lot.

17. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    After finding out the ending of this arc, I think "The Wrong Jedi" is going to be one of my favorite episodes. :D

18. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    ...And I was right. If anything, it's one of my top three favorite episodes now.

QuangoFett likes this.
  19. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I'll save the optimism until a concrete announcement that Season 6 will be broadcast.

Still, that was a pretty decent finale arc.

20. El Bastarde

El Bastarde Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    -Plo Koon didn't really do much.

He's too cool to get involved in everything.

I'll save the optimism until a concrete announcement that Season 6 will be broadcast.

I can't believe there's this much uncertainty. You guys worry too much. Of course it will be aired somewhere.

21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    There are alot of reasons for uncertainty regarding the future of TCW unfortunately. So much as changed with the buy out and the focus of Disney and Lucasfilm being unclear at the moment. Its not worrying to much, its realism. This post brought to you by the pessimism thread. 07jonesj, bright the whiffle ball bat and hit me extra hard.

That said. I think this was the best finale so far. Well done TCW. The perfect way to leave me wanting more and cause me to get more worried.

22. El Bastarde

El Bastarde Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2013
    Realism is exactly why I'm not worried. Ratings sell. Season 5 is best in its timeslot for the age group and actually grew in all the demographics it's targeting. Stuff that is popular and appears to be getting more popular don't get dropped for no reason. Disney isn't stupid. Why drop something that's working? Realistic and logical companies don't do this. This is why I think TCW will be fine. If the ratings were otherwise, there would be reason to worry. But not now.

23. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    We will have no realism here, Seerow! Purge yourself of your Machiavellian ways!

Now this'll just be a warning tap, make sure I don't catch you being "realistic" again. [face_devil]

[​IMG]

24. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Ani501st likes this.
  25. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Maybe in the Anakin/Obi-Wan arc with the discussion around the camp fire, they may talk about Ahsoka leaving the Order.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.