main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Boba Fett in ESB (statistics)

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Binary_Sunset, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    Boba Fett is in 8 scenes in ESB. He speaks in 4 of these scenes. All statistics are taken from the original version of the ESB film, and all are approximate:

1st appearance: 1:05:16 – 1:05:57 (41 seconds) This is the scene with all the bounty hunters standing and being addressed by Vader.
    Boba Fett says to Vader, “As you wish.”

2nd appearance: 1:15:43 – 1:15:57 (14 seconds, with 8 of these seconds being only his ship) This is the scene in which Boba Fett flies his ship after the Falcon.

3rd appearance: 1:27:30 – 1:27:56 (26 seconds) This is the scene in which Han fires his blaster at Vader.

4th appearance: 1:29:41 – 1:30:28 (47 seconds) This is the scene in which Han is tortured.
    Boba Fett says to Vader, “He’s no good to me dead.”

5th appearance: 1:33:34 – 1:36:58 (3 minutes, 24 seconds) This is the scene in which Han is frozen. Boba Fett was going to fire at Chewbacca until stopped by Vader.
    Boba Fett says to Vader, “What if he doesn’t survive? He’s worth a lot to me.”

6th appearance: 1:37:37 – 1:38:10 (43 seconds) In this scene Boba Fett fires 4 blasts at Luke.

7th appearance: 1:41:45 – 1:41:57 (12 seconds) In this scene Han is put in Boba Fett’s ship.
    Boba Fett says to his Cloud City helper: “Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.”

8th appearance: 1:42:26 – 1:42:31 (5 seconds) This scene shows only Boba Fett’s ship as it flies away.

The credits start at 2:00:18.

Boba Fett’s 4 lines consist of 5 sentences total. All but the last line is spoken to Darth Vader. Boba Fett’s lines total 27 words.

Boba Fett is in the chunk of film from 1:05:16 – 1:42:31, which is 37 minutes, 15 seconds long.

Boba Fett’s screen time is 6 minutes, 32 seconds (13 seconds of which is his ship only).

Only one scene is over 1 minute long. The second longest scene is 47 seconds long.

2. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
  3. Unchosen One

Unchosen One Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2012
    Very nice. What about in RotJ and AotC, by contrast?

4. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Just when I thought I couldn't be any more confused by the origins of his fan cult.

5. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Didn't he also cameo in the SE of ANH?

6. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Boba fett is badass. He has a jetpack.

7. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    it's cause he has a badass helmet

CloneTrooperFox likes this.
  8. CloneTrooperFox

Jan 27, 2013
    And a jetpack. :)

Chainmail_Jedi likes this.
  9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    TS, are these statistics supposed to mean anything to Boba fans? You think you can "disprove" the awesomeness they perceive with numbers?

I don't like Boba at all and I'm quite a fan of statistics, but even I don't see the value in this.

10. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    The statistics completely ignore his appearance in the 1978 Holiday Special, his presence as a send-away action figure well before the release of ESB (technically, Boba Fett is a part of the second wave of Star Wars action figures, despite not appearing in the original film), and the @#$%load of press regarding the character prior to the release of ESB, including a bloody Memorial Day parade alongside Darth Vader.

Yes, he's overrated having done Scottish Football Association when it comes to the OT, but we all knew that to begin with. Boba Fett, quite simply, was the Star Wars franchise's equivalent of Kim Kardashian, with a jetpack standing in for the gargantuan booty.

11. CloneTrooperFox

Jan 27, 2013
    I cant believe you just dissed the fett like that!!!!!! :0

12. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    [face_laugh]

13. Binary_Sunset

Oct 28, 2000
    Quite the opposite. I am a big Boba Fett fan, and the statistics show that less can be more. If ESB was chock-full of Boba Fett, and if he had a whole bunch of lines, he probably wouldn't come across as well as he does.

14. Binary_Sunset

Oct 28, 2000
    This is an excellent point. Boba Fett was presented to the public only a single year after Star Wars was first in theatres. I remember in the late 1970s owning a grand total of 6 Star Wars action figures (plus the landspeeder):

Boba Fett
    Luke in X-wing uniform
    Greedo
    Hammerhead
    Snaggletooth (the short version)
    Walrusman

That's all I had. I didn't recognize that Snaggletooth and Walrusman were the two who tried to rough Luke up in the cantina, so I divided my figures like this:

Good guys: Luke, Walrusman, Hammerhead
    Bad guys: Boba Fett, Greedo, Snaggletooth

Those six guys had countless adventures (mostly on Tatooine) in my imagination. I had thus invested Boba Fett with about 18 months' adventures before ESB was even released. I think that sort of thing occurred with countless fans all over the world, which helped give Boba Fett an aura even before he came on screen.

15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Snaggletooth was always a good guy to me.

16. CloneTrooperFox

Jan 27, 2013
    The Fett could take down the hulk, captain america, iron man, black widow, hawkeye, and thor at the same time without even breaking a sweat.

17. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    My husband asked me the other week who Boba Fett was and why he was going to have his own spin-off movie. I didn't have a good answer for him aside from "the guy with the jetpack that Han knocked into the Sarlacc". Fett's fanbase baffles me.

Joe Antonetti likes this.
  18. CloneTrooperFox

Jan 27, 2013
    Lol. The only reason The Fett died by the sarlacc was because his jettpack had a serious malfunction. If that did not happen boba would have destroyed luke and the rest of the good guys. They are lucky for the jettpack malfunction!!

19. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Agreed. This thread shows how little film support there is for Fett Fandom.

20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I like Boba Fett, but come on. He had plenty of opportunities before Han accidentally owned him. When he landed on the barge in front of Luke, he did so too close to Luke; Luke sliced his blaster in two with his lightsaber. Then he got knocked down by a missed blaster bolt that apparently knocked him out for a minute. Then he got up and spent at least 4 or 5 seconds aiming at Luke on another barge, only to fire and miss him. Then Han knocked his jetpack. His whole appearance in ROTJ was pretty embarrassing after his TESB appearance.

And even in TESB, he really only a) looked cool, b) sounded cool, and c) led the Empire to Bespin when he correctly predicted the Falcon's path. I give him the benefit of the doubt on those missed shots he took at Luke because I think he intentionally missed; I think he was trying to stop Luke from following him, but knew that killing Luke would make Vader very mad at him.

21. Ambervikings91

Ambervikings91 Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    ummmm, alright

22. CloneTrooperFox

Jan 27, 2013

The Fett gets no credit whatsoever for being such a badass!! I bet fett could take down lando calrissian!!!

23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Is this for me?

And CloneTrooperFox : I agree he's a badass, but that's in spite of the shortcomings that I pointed out. So for the large following he has, he probably gets more than enough credit. :p

24. Rawne

Rawne Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2008
    Fett's a weird one for me. I love the him in the movies, but can't stand him in the EU. Classic case of quality over quantity.

25. CloneTrooperFox

Jan 27, 2013
    I just have to talk a little talk about fett. He is probably one of my favorite characters in all of the star wars movies! I have no idea why. Something just draws me to him and tells me that Boba is a stud! ^:)^