main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Lay off that stuff, Jack. It might make you see Mortis.

Feel better Seerow. Because of my blood pressure the only thing I can take for a cold is Mucinex, which thankfully isn't fog inducing. Colds themselves on the other hand...

I slept til 9:30 today; nothing wrong with me other than being tired from that mountain.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    The last time I took Mucinex I think that stuff ****** me up so I won't touch it anymore. Most of my friends tell me its harmless but I'm serious. Last year around this time actually I had the flu three weeks or a month or something and I kept getting worse and worse, I was coughing so much I felt pain in my ribs when I took a breath and it felt like I was drowning. I tried a bunch of cough remedies. The pharmacist at Walgreens recommended the Mucinex with the cough suppressant and in it. I vomited green liquid in the elevaor at work (TMI I know!) and collapsed. I had to have someone pick me up and drive me home.

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    It was in jest!
    The only illicit I've done is weed, and I was unimpressed.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ditto that.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'll take a good Cuban cigar any day over weed.

And you'll like this AF. I'm watching an episode of the Colbert Report where he's interviewing an editor of the southern magazine Oxford American. Stephen says he's from the south, namely Charleston, SC. The guy says, "[SC] is kinda north from where we sit" to which a shocked Stephen retorts "Sir, sir. All roads lead north from Charleston"

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I am naturally high.

07jonesj likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Give me good beer (and I do mean good beer, not cheapo watered-down American ****), pinot noir or pinot grigio any day.

8. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Quick question for you U.K people- I'll be going to London this summer (for the first time) with my younger brothers. They aren't over 18, but I'm allowed to bring them to pubs and whatnot, right?

Bo-Katan likes this.
  9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    How young are they? And are you planning on getting trashed or just getting pub meals? These are the current laws regarding children and alcohol consumption (source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6598867.stm):

UNDER FIVES
    It is illegal to give an alcoholic drink to a child under five except under medical supervision in an emergency.
    It is thought the Children Act 1908 made provision for parents to give alcohol to a very young child, where it could be considered an anaesthetic in cases of acute injury.

UNDER 16s
    Children under 16 can go anywhere in a pub as long as they are supervised by an adult, but cannot have any alcoholic drinks.
    However some premises may be subject to licensing conditions preventing them from entering, for example pubs which have experienced problems with underage drinking.

16 TO 17-YEAR-OLDS
    Young people aged 16 or 17 can drink beer, wine or cider with a meal if it is bought by an adult and they are accompanied by an adult.
    It is illegal for this age group to drink spirits in pubs even with a meal.

UNDER 18s
    It is illegal for people under 18 to buy alcohol in a pub, off-licence, shop or elsewhere.
    And in most cases, it is against the law for anyone to buy alcohol for someone under 18 to drink in a pub or a public place.
    It is legal for adults to buy alcohol for children over four to drink in the home.
    Under the Confiscation of Alcohol (Young Persons) Act 1997, police have powers to confiscate alcohol from under 18s drinking in public places including streets and parks.

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    My last hour at work has gone like this:

"Ok, lets go to start."
    "I shut the laptop down!"
    "..."

"Lets click on the program icon on your desktop."
    "This is a laptop."
    "The desktop on your laptop, where your background picture is. Do you see some little icons?"
    "This is a laptop."

"Lets click double click with your mouse."
    "This is a laptop."

-Inside of my computer.-
    "Lets click on drive C on your computer."
    "This isn't a computer its laptop! There is no C in Dell."

11. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Generally, yeah. There's the odd pub that wouldn't let someone in if they think they're under 18, but in my experience they're very much in the minority. In terms of the law, you can only buy an under 18 alcohol if they're also having a meal.

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I always appreciate your work anecdotes Seerow.

13. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Really? I can just imagine 5 year olds getting smashed at the dinner table.

07jonesj likes this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, that's great. KenobiSkywalker lives in the Charleston area and I go down there every year right before Christmas; we do a family get-together for my Dad's side of the family.

Georgia is still Southern but Florida is Snowbird Land with a bit of twang here and there. Eh, Seerow ? And honestly, Charlotte is much the same due to people from elsewhere transplanting here to work for the banks.

Those are interesting UK alcohol laws. I can't imagine giving my kids a beer with their meals. But OTOH the US is a bit puritanical, I think teenagers should be able to drink.

All that said, I got wasted a lot more in France than I did in London. Maybe because my friend warned me against the quick effects of Strongbow and told me that no, I was not ordering another pint because she wasn't carrying me back to the hotel.

15. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Most times you'd assume the parents were responsible enough to moderate their childrens' alcohol consumption. But many of them can't even moderate their own consumption.

07jonesj likes this.
  16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Assuming good parenting. I see you're new here.

To Earth I mean.

17. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    You're telling me?! Australians are stereotypically alcoholics...and it's true. I see lots of alcoholics around. Any VB fans? [face_mischief]

18. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    [​IMG]

19. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    07jonesj ImNotAStarWarsFanboy I was thinking about getting smashed...Not for a formal meal or whatever. When I was underage it was easy to do get drinks and go to Mediterranean bars in Paris and Amsterdam, but I've heard that England was much stricter than other European countries.

Bo-Katan likes this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That's interesting, considering an Australian dude has fallen in love with my sister and plans to move here to the States to be with her. Should be very interesting if he goes through with it. [face_thinking]

And I was about 13 the first time I went to Europe. Had my first wine in Italy, under parental supervision. Didn't think much of it then, since I was more obsessed with pasta than wine.

21. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Of course, not every Australian is an alcoholic...just lots of them. I'm sure he's a nice guy. :p

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    So are lots of Yanks.

23. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    It's mostly because we English know not how to drink in consideration. It's have a sip or get hammered. There's no in between. :p

In terms of your brothers, it's drink in a house, or not at all unfortunately then. There are, of course, pubs that will serve 16-18 year olds (illegal though it may be, some pubs just don't really care). It's up to you what you decide to do.

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  24. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    [​IMG]

For the GoT fans out there...

07jonesj likes this.
  25. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I'm half Ukrainian and half Scots-Irish, so being an alcoholic is pretty much a cultural tradition :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.