main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Casting Call for Star Wars Episode VII!

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by dolphin, Feb 17, 2013.

1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Ah well - but it just goes to show how much excitement there is surrounding the ST already... this is going to be a wild ride!

2. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I dont think its common for a casting call to be fake per say, but it is common online to post pages with a "fake" intention in order to try to sell you something, which is why the links within the "casting call" lead you to sales pages for "Actors Resource" eBooks.

In this case, the casting call is fake. The info listed is fake.

This is a sales pitch folks. Nothing more.

Films of this magnitude do not cast this way.

3. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    yea. they call you, not you call them.

4. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Is_This_The_Casting_Call_For_Episode_VII_150376.asp

Lucasfilm, an owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, in association with Bad Robot Productions and Genre Films is in active development on the highly anticipated epic feature film "Star Wars: Episode VII". Although shooting will commence in the summer, studio level casting is now underway with Harrison Ford being the first actor officially on board. Filming will begin with battle scenes being shot in a quarry overlooking the sprawling Bluewater complex not far from London, UK. Filming will also take place in various locations in Los Angeles and other areas.

"Star Wars: Episode VII" will be an original story and not directly based on the various novels, graphic novels, or other materials in the Star Wars Expanded Universe that take place during the post-Return of the Jedi time period. Disney aims to continue the story that began back in 1977. The film will call for much older versions of the main characters returning along with other fan favorites. In addition to "Star Wars: Episode VIII" and "Star Wars: Episode IX," Disney also is developing stand-alone movies that will come out over the next six years involving Young Han Solo, Boba Fett and Yoda. Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg lined up to develop the movies for Disney.

The locations in the UK and Los Angeles are almost guaranteed to be the location for the CGI sets or movie props. Great to see they're following the PT development time frame with filming beginning in the Summer.

Mav Edit: Merging into the previous thread on this topic.

5. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Why would a casting call mention the Expanded Universe?

Artoo-Dion and Lord Tuvitor like this.
  6. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    If it's true - great, I live about 20mins away from Bluewater :) and will do my upmost to be a walk-on wookie or something. However, this reveals way more than is necessary for a casting call and is basically a round-up of virtually every rumour doing the rounds around the web. Smell a rat I do.

7. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    Exactly. It's a fake - and not a very good one either.

8. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Most interesting

You received this Ninja message from Tapatalk

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  10. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    The call is giving a description of the film, as it is prudent to tell people what they're going into, who they will be trying out with, etc. It later goes on to the list the requirements to be in the film as an extra or a main character. Alan Baltes is an official from Disney and a member of the Screen Actors Guild and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists.

Apologies. This forum moves at lightning speed, it's hard to get a track on stuff like that. I didn't see it was being actively discussed.

11. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
  12. Figrin D'aniel

Figrin D'aniel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 12, 2013
    I still think it's the casting call part is true and not a fake. All the information on there are rumors we've already heard before so the author Alan Baltes probably just searched the internet to fill in details about the movie since official word has been so sparse.

From what little research I've done Alan Baltes doesn't seem like a scam/fake person. He also posted the casting call info on Examiner.com

KED12345 likes this.
  13. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    Doesn't appear to be the case, as Alan Baltes has an active twitter account, linked to his official website, where he posted that the casting call was up. Links to an examiner article.

Alan Baltes@alanbaltes
    #Casting for The Walt #Disney Studios feature film 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - http://www.examiner.com/article/casting-for-the-walt-disney-studios-feature-film-star-wars-episode-vii

14. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    seriously? this looks so fake and amateur. An amalgam of the various news/rumors from the web, posted on a commercial web site for supposed casting...

15. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Hmm, he also has a very active IMDB page - link to his 'twitter' here for those of us who don't 'tweet'

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1218487/twitter

Also, just for laughs, I did a google with his name and 'scam' and all I've found were a) positive remarks about him and b) post by him or his web blogs on how to avoid being scammed by 'agents' and the industry - rather interesting...

16. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    Then this user must have put up a fake twitter account with thousands of followers, a fake Wikipedia article of himself, a fake IMDB page, is a fake Examiner.com author, and fake facebook page that also has this information posted in regards to Star Wars Episode VII? Somehow I doubt that.

Figrin D'aniel likes this.
  17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That's why I'm skeptical about it, especially when I saw that it mentioned that the spin-off films will definitely be focusing on Yoda, Han and Fett. As far as we know, none of that has been confirmed. So, if it's true, did they intentionally leak it or what?

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  18. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    the guy may be kinda "legit" who knows but the blurb for that casting call looks like he wrote it himself with no more inside news than you and me. Free publicity for his business anyway

19. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    I guess then we'll have to wait for more "official" sounding news.

20. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    It's a trap!

Gallandro likes this.
  21. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    As I said in the other thread, the reason why I don't believe this is because the writer basically "confirms" all the rumors that have been doing the rounds, even the shooting location. He "confirms" all the standalone films, saying that they are all exactly what the rumors have suggested. Also, he "confirms" three, whereas Lucasfilm, via the official SW site, have actually confirmed two. I just don't believe it. It seems far too convenient. Also, the website is appallingly constructed. You learn how to make better websites at school.

22. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    I'm surprised that this casting call doesn't confirm Charleton Heston is playing Yoda.

stormcloud8, Gallandro and Krueger like this.
  23. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    I don't buy this at all. The EU part is completely out of left-field, and it only confirms rumours without adding any new details.

If this is legit, I'd be very, very surprised.

24. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    If this is legit, this guy needs a new job.

25. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Exactly. Fired much?