main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Season 5 [[(major spoilers & video clips!!!)]]

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coric, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'm with you bro, we'll sink on this ship together. I'll take more experimental episodes like that. I liked the take on what it means to be alive. Then the difference between training, knowledge, and instinct.

3. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    [​IMG]

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Clearly I need to watch that one since I have no idea what the hell you guys are talking about.

5. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I really liked ASDITV. In fact, I watched the entire droid arc the other day and it was much more entertaining than I remembered. Some of the banter between Wac and Gascon was pretty witty and the story itself was pretty good, aside from the encryption MacGuffin. The placement of the arc was what killed it IMO. Despite its entertainment value it slowed the season down. It probably would have fit in better during S4 since that season was more episodic than the more-focused Season 5.

QuangoFett and Seerow like this.
  6. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    ASDITV , BEST EPISODE
    [​IMG]

7. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Actually rewatched the entire D-Squad arc some weeks ago in one sitting with a friend who hadn't seen the episodes before and together with the episode before it and also the one after it, 'A Sunny Day In The Void' did feel better than when I watched it earlier on so it's sort of a stronger episode when viewed along with the others.

8. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    A Sunny Day In The Void and Missing In Action were a good core to a poor arc. It helped that they didn't focus on the inestimable incompetence of the CIS, the blind stupid luck of the protagonists and the nonsensical MacGuffin plot.

WAC and Gascon ribbing each other? It worked. Gregor was excellent. Borkus was amusing. By slowing down, avoiding the details and procedure of a ridiculous "mission" and instead posing a few questions to the audience and the characters while they wandered through a dustball, those two episodes became hidden gems.

9. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I love the droids arc... each episode was creative and fun.

This season, all the arcs... even the ones that people are not fans... and the ones that are really incredible... SHOWS that TCW has a lot more in it for us to see.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Glad I wasn't the only one. :)

11. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    You think every arc is awesome.

12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah, he does, but on the matter of the droids arc... mhmmm... I agree fully with him, it was AWESOME!

13. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    I could of dealt with the droid arc as just one episode, maybe two. I understand they wanna throw some light and kid like episodes so I could of dealt with it. But a 4 episode long arc?

Absolutely not. Yuck.

14. Hank Hill

Hank Hill Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2013
    So, I'm still waiting for a preview of To Catch A Jedi or do we have to wait till tomorrow?

15. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Bank Holiday in America, we'll get it when the guys return to the studio tomorrow.

16. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    cause i love this show :p

earlchinna and cwustudent like this.
  17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    You are allowed to not like things about it though. Being able to critically analyse is what gets you noticed.

18. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    *blindly love :p

19. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    May be true.........for some. :p

cwustudent likes this.
  20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
  21. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    I like the droid arc as a whole more than the S4 droid eps, but a sunny day in the void was just such a letdown. I had super high expectations for amazing visuals and crazy architecture, only to realize it was instead an abstract minimalist episode.

Total letdown. Total filler.

Having said that, the idea of exploring droid sentience vs organic living will wasn't bad in and of itself, but it should've just been spread a bit more amongst the other parts, and we could've gotten another episode for the Mauldalore arc instead. I liked Gregor and the first episode plenty (aside from Tom Kane voicing everybody. He's a fine actor, and a nice guy, met him at the Nightsisters showing, but he's being overused.), and I liked parts of the final episode... but Void was just pointless.

(I'll laugh if it somehow became your favorite episode, NotaFanboy.)

22. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    I don't think telling him what he's got to do is going to earn you his respect...

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  23. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    It'll be interesting to see how it plays as one long arc. I've found that some of the arcs I was lukewarm about before work a little better when I watch them in one sitting. The original Mandalorian and Boba Fett trilogies were stronger when I saw them as one single plot instead of broken into separate entries and spread out over weeks. I'm skeptical of my attitude changing all that much on the Onderon arc, though.

You seem to be noticing him just fine.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  24. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Do what must be done......

Hank Hill likes this.
  25. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Where is the To Catch A Jedi preview
    DAMMIT!