main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Favorite Season of Star Wars The Clone Wars now?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by kryptonjedi, Feb 14, 2013.

?

Favorite Season of the Clone Wars

1. Season One

2. Season Two

3. Season Three

4. Season Four

5. Season Five

6. Season Six

7. Season Seven

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Then it is the most successful troll attempt ever committed by man.

EDIT: This is my 1,000th message! Fitting. My hate of WAC will never be forgotten.

2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Hard to say...nearly every season had at least one arc that I really liked and one I strongly disliked. Clone Wars is remarkably consistent in how inconsistent its quality is.

I think...well, maybe it is just nostalgia, but I have the fondest memories of the first season. Especially Ryloth.

3. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I remember the trailer they did for the Ryloth trilogy, complete with John Williams music, had me so hyped. So hyped. Ryloth was fantastic. I still remember watching them for the first time.

4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Such a good trailer for such a good arc. Which highlights the need for more episodes where Mace stars.

5. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I have to go with the Season 4 love. Outside of the Mon Cal episodes, there isn't a single entry I found to be wasting time. Once the arcs started, it went to another level. The other years have their highlights, but I think 4 was the most consistently good.

6. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    The Boba Fett trailer was also great!

07jonesj likes this.
  7. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I will pick my favorite season....when the show is over! :)

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    you will be waiting a long time then [face_laugh]

CloneTrooperFox likes this.
  9. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Thats a good thing! :)

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  10. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    The arc was not pretty good as well.

11. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Favorite and best are two different questions but so far Season 2 would be my favorite.

12. Zabrak 2

Zabrak 2 Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 7, 2012
    Season 4 or 5 if the last 2 episodes are good.

13. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Season 5 is pulling a clutch toward the end it seems.... This could get interesting.

14. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    IMO, two good arcs don't make up for an average (Young Jedi) and garbage (Droids, Onderon) remainder of the season.

15. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    Might be nostalgia, but it's definitely seasons one and two for me. Rookies, Malevolence, Cloak of Deception, Trespass, the Jedi Crash arc, Ryloth. Hostage Crisis! I remember watching that Cad Bane hype trailer so much that I got sick of it after a while. And then the actual episode came along and I watched THAT over and over again.

Season 2 had a lot of awesome also, with Cargo of Doom and Landing at Point Rain, the introduction of the Mandalorians, the Deserter. There also were some homages, which were gimmicky but still a lot of fun, at least for me. And then the Boba Fett arc, which was kind of soured by R2 Come Home, but in my opinion Lethal Trackdown salvaged it.

Things got more complex in Season 3, which was sometimes good, other times it didn't work for me and it just detracted from the themes of the previous seasons. Except I really did like the Padawan Lost duology. The Trandoshans were cool.

But still, Seasons One and Two are top-notch.

16. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    True, although IMO I don't see the current arc and the Maul arc to be just good, but really really good. The Maul arc is probably my favorite of the series. Second to maybe the Obiwan/deception arc. Now I can't speak for this current arc, but if the final two episodes are anything like 'Jedi Who Knew Too Much' Then that will be the best ARC in the series by far.

For me, It's pretty much impossible for S5 to rise to 1st place. Given the droid and youngling arcs. I thought Onderon was alright... However It is possible for S5 to overtake S1 and possibly S2 in my list.

17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I've thought long and hard about this. My first answer was to say something along the lines of naming favourites implies I liked some of the crap this show spewed out and that's some kind of oxymoron. But I can do better.

Season Four. Because it had the lowest number of absolutely shocking episodes to date. Just the first six, Revenge, The Box, Plan of Dissent, Carnage of Krell, A Friend in Need, and Massacre. Apart from those episodes, it was alright.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  18. Convor

Convor Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 25, 2011
    I hadn't seen that one before. Glad you posted it. :)

Season deuce is probably my favorite. The Geonosis arc was worth the price of admission alone (I watched the first two seasons on blu-ray). And there's really only one or two episodes that I'd consider subpar, as opposed to half of the episodes in all the other seasons.

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    My feelings exactly. I'm a very big fan of The Gathering, but I find the youngling arc as a whole mediocre. The WAC/Gascon and Onderon arcs are almost complete crap. No matter how great the remaining two arcs are, it's not enough to bring the whole season up to par.

The Shadow Emperor and 07jonesj like this.
  20. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I enjoyed Onderon and the Younglings arc, but the WAC/Gascon episodes just stop any and all momentum right in it's tracks. If those 4 episodes had been replaced by another stellar arc then this season could've been right up there. As it stands, I'm still deciding whether Season 5 or Season 1 will be my least favourite. I admit I'm inclined to go with Season 1, which makes Season 5 second-worst (or fourth-best, if you're a glass half full kind of person!).

21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    As flawed as it is, the Onderon would be a much stronger weakest link in the S5 chain than the WAC/Gascon stuff is, I'll give you that. I'm right with you on not being sure whether S5 or S1 is the worst season. I'll wait for S5 to end to try to make that call.

07jonesj likes this.
  22. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    While I really enjoy the show there are about 3-4 episodes per season that I haven't watched or will never rewatch. So reluctantly I'd have to say my favorite overall season is Season 2.

Seasons 3 and 5 would be front runners but both are very bi-polar, some episodes are great beyond words while some make me embarrassed to say I like the show (like Evil Plans which is my pick for worst episode of series).

23. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I'll admit that the WAC/Gascon arc made me appreciate Evil Plans much more. At least I laughed at points of Evil Plans.

24. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    I love the clone war movie!!! :p

thesevegetables likes this.
  25. thesevegetables

thesevegetables Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 11, 2012
    The Clone Wars Multimedia Project.

CT-867-5309 and CloneTrooperFox like this.