main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Do you want Chewbacca for the long haul?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by LukeSkywalker7, Feb 18, 2013.

1. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    Should Chewbacca have grown old like the big 3 or should he go on for years more of adventures with the next generation,outlasting Luke,Han, and Leia? What do you hope to see?

2. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    I think he goes down with the Falcon. And Solo. If it comes to that. Chewie provides a great comic relief. From his antics with C3P0 to his banter with Solo. You never know what he really says but it helps move the story along. In the end though, I believe him to be mortal and should Solo go down...I think Chewie goes with him.

OR

he works for Lando and carries on :)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    How long do Wookies even live to be?

4. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Chewie will be back and it's almost guaranteed since Peter Mayhew signed on for 3 more episodes when he signed on for ROTS.

I'd like to see Chewie live on protecting the kids as a body guard of sorts like he did with han but if he does end up dying it should be by Han's side. I don't think he'll be killed off though.

5. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I think Chewie lives on. We can't kill off everyone.

Solo makes sense to die, but that might only be because we are so used to the thought that Ford wanted him to die in the OT.

Luke makes sense to die if we are going to mirror the mentor aspect of the PT and the OT, but I would actually like to see him walk off into the sunset at the end of IX. However, I am torn between this and Spirit Luke..........

Depending on how they use her in the ST, Leia could be written out in any of the ST films. I would like to see her absorbed into the political background much like Jar Jar (NOT COMPARING THE CHARACTERS HERE....) was from Ep I-III. Of course, this won't happen if she is a Jedi.

My guess is that Solo dies and the rest of the Big 3.

6. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Wookiees live for a long time. No need to kill off every major character. Besides, Chewie could die in episodes 10-12 if need be. :p

yodasbum likes this.
  7. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    It is said in various places that a typical WOOKIE Lifespan is about 400 years so Chewie reallyy should not look that much different in the ST.....and yes should survive to bring a link between the cast of the OT & ST.

8. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    When you consider just how old Chewie is supposed to be in ANH, the series is really less the Skywalker Saga and more the Chewbacca Saga :p

Episode Swag likes this.
  9. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    He should go...

10. Julius Vernon

Julius Vernon Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 7, 2012
    I love Chewbacca and would expect to see him. If/when Han Solo dies though I do think it would be fitting to have Chewbacca go out with him. I think I'd have a hard time seeing Chewie go on without Han and vice-versa.

11. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    He should still be around.

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    It will be odd to have the Big 3 back and not have Chewie, so of course he should be in it.

13. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Well, Chewie is unique because he is one of the few OT characters who no one would notice if he was played by a different actor. Disney should thus keep him alive because of this.

kubricklynch likes this.
  14. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    But they wouldn't have Peter's eyes...

If Peter can't play Chewie, I'd rather (God Help me) see 'Lumpy' in the ST, even in the 'Young Indy Solo' films... Tradition and all...

15. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    Let's face it - if you were not told that Pete was not reprising his role, would you even notice?

16. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Yep, but that's because I am an UBER geek, and would know long before hand... and yes, it would colour my perception, even ever so slightly...

17. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    Exactly! You'd have to know beforehand.

18. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Chewbacca is Dead R.I.P everyone should know this ........

EviL_eLF likes this.
  19. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Not if he's signed for the ST... Wookiees don't make good Force Ghosts.

20. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I hope to see Chewie as a permanent fixture of the series, a la the droids.

21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Han dies. Chewie's life debt transfers over to Solo's offspring. Done.

22. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    [face_alien] Chewie could look the same. Maybe he does not age the same pace as what the humans do!

23. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    Much respect to Mayhew, but is he physically capable of doing it anymore? I can't imagine that suit is very comfortable for someone his age, and he seems to always have a walking cane in public. Though maybe he's just being a proper gentleman.

24. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I know what you mean. This may be the type of situation which calls for a stuntman to do anything beyond sitting/standing/a bit of light walking. It seems as though Peter may have some trouble reprising, say, the scenes with Chewbacca running through the corridors of Bespin.

This is okay by me, as (even if it it means a stuntman is required for an inordinate number of scenes) I'd rather Pete be in the suit wherever possible. The producers, one would think, may feel differently and find it easier to simply employ another actor for all of Chewbacca's scenes, but as has been said, Mr. Mayhew has apparently already signed-on.

25. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Wookiees have a long lifespan and Chewie was middle-aged in OT. He would look more or less the same in ST, maybe a grey hair here and there but nothing major.