main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Harrison Ford to return as Han Solo

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Claire, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Did anyone else notice in the Fox News Latino clip where the Latino Review guy breaks the news, he actually says that he signed a deal to appear in the new Star Wars "movies". Again, notice that is plural. And yes, I backed up the video to listen to that part again. He says "movies" plural. I suppose it could be a simple inadvertant slip of the tongue, when he only meant to say "movie" singular. I don't think I have seen where anyone has mentioned or noticed this tidbit yet, so I thought I would just throw it out there. If his sources confirmed to him that he is signed on for "movies", then perhaps this means he survives until VIII and/or IX.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  2. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    I noticed it. We'll just have to wait and see. Or be frozen in carbonite until episode VII is released.

3. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I agree with that. I didn't think Indy 4 was that bad. I could've done without the Shia Labouf swinging on vines thing, but overall I thought it was fairly descent. Temple of Doom, however, I didn't like all that much.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  4. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Indy 4 was a good movie. I never understood what all the fuss was about. Aliens being present on Earth is as much of a myth as Ark of the Covenant melting faces and the hunt for the Holy Grail.
    And the notorious fridge sequence - yeah, I enjoyed that. Looking for complete and utter realism in adventure movies like Indiana Jones is kinda pointless. It is a good way to kill your fun, if you're into that sort of thing.

5. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'd say there were a lot of things wrong in Indy 4, however, Harrison Ford was not one of them. As soon as he appeared on screen he was Indiana Jones again, and that never slipped for a moment. He'll make a great Golden Years Han Solo.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd say the existence of both the Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail are about as likely/scientifically provable as the existence of aliens.

I liked that Marion was back. My only complaint was that Mutt should have just been her son by her British pilot husband. Making him Indy's son was too much of a stretch.

7. Jinn-N-Tonic

Jinn-N-Tonic Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 17, 2006
    Air Force One 2 is a terrible idea but not because of Ford's age but because it's unrealistic for Ford's presidential character to serving a fourth term

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    He could be like FDR and be in a wheelchair that fires machine gun turrets at the terrorists. Gary Oldman could also come back as a zombie.

Darth Chiznuk and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  9. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    So, having an opinion that a geriatric Han Solo (plus Leia and Luke) on screen would not look good or feel right means it is "Ford Hate"?

Seriously. The age of the person with the opinion and "hate" have nothing to do with anything. I saw Star Wars 10 times in 1977. My age has nothing to do with my opinion. I don't hate Harrison Ford.

stormcloud8 likes this.
  10. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    Something i'm looking forward to is seeing how Han Solo feels towards the jedi in the ST. WE know what he thought about them in the OT. Simple tricks & nonsense. He might even be married to 1 of them in the ST if Leia has learned the
    ways of the force.

11. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    I think it would be great. IMO it's either Ford as Solo or no Solo at all.
    [​IMG]
    Come on. His facial expressions.

12. yodasbum

yodasbum Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 4, 2004
    In 'Harrison Ford settle a feud' above is the most Solo Ford has been since ROTJ.

I think that everyone would accept Harrison leading another Indy film. If he can lead an Indy film he can sure as hell be a lead in Star Wars VII.

Has there been any denial about the deal, potential deal from Ford, his representives, Disney or Lfl? Is that very telling?

Wouldn't be ironic if he was the only one of the big three to sign up for the ST? Although I would only want them all to come back if any one or two of them dropped out then I would recast the three roles.

13. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Harrison Ford IS Han Solo.

And from recent pics that I've seen of him, he has aged better than Mark or Carrie.

Dust off the Falcon, get Chewie out of the Wookie Pound and let's kick start Star Wars with a bang!

PUNCH IT!

Echo-07 and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  14. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    the only thing I want to know is: What sort of role would Han Solo play in the ST?

The only prolem I have with him, as well as Leia, Luke, Lando, Chewbacca, and other OT Characters returning, is it seems like some people want them to be th stars, instead of any new characters disney thinks up.

Darth Claire likes this.
  15. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    If the story is so bad where Mark and Carrie (who have been supportive of the idea of the ST since before it was even announced) don't want to reprise their roles, even for a brief scene, then I fear for the future of SW...

Echo-07 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  16. MillionthVoice

MillionthVoice Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    Did you notice how Lucasfilm were rather quick in denying the 'casting call' thingy, but they haven't yet denied the Ford rumour. That's sort of reassuring..

17. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I think they will handle it appropriately.

Even possible that they don't get top billing but rather after the new cast they will appear as follows:

.......with Mark Hamill - Carrie Fisher - and Harrison Ford as Han Solo.

Darthbane2007 likes this.
  18. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    In a way thats kinda what I want. For this film to focus mostly on the new cast instead of riding on the popularity of the old characters.

19. Darthbane2007

Oct 31, 2007
    That's kinda what I want as well. I'm glad that familiar characters are potentially returning, but don't have them overshadow the Sequel Trilogy's stars.

The more I think about it, the only one of the big 3 I want to have the biggest role is Luke...

TreborSabreon likes this.
  20. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah I can see Luke having the biggest role of the OT cast. I mean he'll probably serve as the mentor to the new hero. While there's a pretty good chance the films will focus on the ST cast, One of my worries is that the movie might just try too hard to give the OT cast something to do *and when you have to try to give them something to do that kinda shows they aren't needed*. Also I see some fans getting pissed off if the OT aren't in the film enough but I see them getting over it quickly. ;)

21. Darthbane2007

Oct 31, 2007
    Well, Luke is the Grand Master of the Jedi Order since he was the only Jedi left in ROTJ. I see him as a mix of Obi-Wan and Yoda in his teaching style to the younger jedi..

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  22. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah wise old Master Jedi Luke would be nice. I also hope they keep his fighting style *if he does fight that is* realistic and don't have him suddenly be bouncing around like the PT characters for no reason. Also treat him NOT like a superman *I see fans wanting him to destroy hundreds of sith and ships all at once and by himself. Thats a tad bit unrealistic for a 60 year old guy*

23. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    Except...Indy 4 was an utterly horrible movie. Harrison couldn't make it good no matter what. Having characters come back at old age years later is just garbage and feels forced.

24. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    And there's a pretty good chance a new cast will be the lead....not a 70 year old guy who apparantly desperatly wants his character to die. I wouldn't want to drag that guy around for 3 films *plus its time for Star wars to move on and let us embrace a new batch of heroes instead of forcing a bunch of old action movie has beens on us for three films. This is Star Wars...not Sci Fi Expendables. Supporting roles=yes. Lead roles=NO*. Plus it'll just depress me knowing he is no longer the sexy, dashing, wonderful Han Solo from our childhoods. :_|

25. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Stallone came back at an old age for Rambo and Rocky. Both of which were pretty good.
    Jeff Bridges came back for Tron. Why can't Harrison do at least one more Star wars? I guess seeing them way back when at a much younger age is how people would rather remember them. I just don't think they should be swept under the rug because they're old. I saw Harrison on Letterman a couple years ago and Dave asked if he has any plans for retirement. His answer was "what would i do?" Why can't we let the man work? It's what he wants to do.
    Look at Christopher Lee. The dude is 90 years old and he just did The Hobbit.

Darth Chiznuk and yodasbum like this.