main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Who Should Be Supreme Chancellor Of The Republic In Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by G-FETT, Nov 1, 2012.

?

Supreme Chancellor Of The Republic Should Be?

1. Princess Leia

42 vote(s)
    26.6%
  2. Mon Mothma

31 vote(s)
    19.6%
  3. Admiral Ackbar

9 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. General Madine

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Lando Calrissian

25 vote(s)
    15.8%
  6. Another

51 vote(s)
    32.3%
  1. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Had to go with "another" on this one. I really would actually like to see Mon Mothma as chancellor, but seeing as how she would be like in her 90s or something by the point of when episode VII will supposedly take place, I didn't think that would work. plus it would be a good opportunity for a strong new character.

2. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm going to laugh my ass off if it's another Sith running for office again.

Vastor likes this.
  3. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Wynn Dorvan, since he is the current Chief of State of the Galactic Alliance.

4. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Not sure about blue dress moments in the Star Wars saga. I didn't think that Supreme Chancellors got involved in that sort of thing!

5. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Forced to choose between those three, I think Lando is the most likely and the most appropriate.

agentkrycek likes this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Leia or Lando. Probably Leia. Hopefully Lando. With two Twi'Lek dancing gals on each arm at the chancellor floaty seat thingie.

Vastor likes this.
  7. Teaviex Cue

Teaviex Cue Jedi Padawan

Dec 25, 2012
    Jar Jar.

Count Yubnub, V-2 and Vastor like this.
  8. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    Lando. I'd prefer Leia to be more involved with the Jedi than politics. Not sure how trusted she'd be to the rest of the galaxy, being the daughter of Darth Vader and all. Lando, on the other hand, would have been celebrated as the war hero who took down the second Death Star.

agentkrycek likes this.
  9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Another

Sio Bibble or Ric Ollie.

10. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Haha!

11. FloydB1Kenobi

FloydB1Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Jun 13, 2002
    How about a different chancellor each episode? Each completing their term, and letting the next become Chancellor.

12. Reveen

Reveen Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 4, 2012
    If it came down to a vote Lando would be a shoe-in, and he'd really be a good choice to bring the Republic into a fresh new era. Mothma is part of the old guard who we're hoodwinked by Palpatine in the first place. There's nothing wrong with Leia but I'd think she'd have too much rebellion/Alderaan baggage to help the NR move on from the Empire. And Ackbar/Madine? Maybe they don't want military minded people in charge of things right out of the gate.

13. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I read it in another thread and it clicked as a really good idea...I think Lando would be a great Supreme Chancellor. I can see him becoming a great politician after his stint on Cloud City. I think Leia would be tired of politics. Maybe Leia could decline re-election and Lando is elected?

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah because no military men become politicians, right? Oh wait, how about that guy named George Washington or Andrew Jackson or William Henry Harrison or Zachary Taylor or Ulysses S. Grant or Rutherford B. Hayes or James A. Garfield or William McKinley or Theodore Roosevelt or Dwight D. Eisenhower. That's just American Presidents and there's countless other examples throughout world history.

TrandoJedi likes this.
  15. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Natasi Daala ? *runs for cover*

16. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Binks for president!

17. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd vote for him.

Teaviex Cue and V-2 like this.
  18. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    There should be no supreme chancellor. The last thing a new republic needs is a position with a history of despotism written all over it.

They'd be asking for it.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  19. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Yes
    EDIT: Or perhaps a non-force sensitive Solo or Skywalker

20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Lando

or new character

21. bighairedaristocrat

bighairedaristocrat Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2013
    Yes, and in none of those examples did those men leave the military to become politicians at a time when the army/navy needed to assume control of another army/navy. My point is that those individuals would be much more valuable to the Republic by staying in the military. You've got thousands of former senators who could step right back in to form the political infrastructure and leadership of the re-built republic.

22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    George Washington became president six years after the Revolutionary War in a time when the US government and military were still in their infancy. Episode VII most likely takes place at least 30 years post-ROTJ which is certainly enough time for new military leaders to rise through the ranks and for the old guard to retire and settle down into a comfortable political career. My point is that it is very common for popular military heroes to be elected to public office since they are the faces most people equate with the victory and what better way to signify the legitimacy of the new government then to have the hero assume the leadership position? I think it is completely reasonable for Madine and Ackbar to be included in this poll.

23. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Binks.

Decorate war hero and an elder statesman, what there not to like? Seriously though, Lando would make one hell of a Chancellor.

Count Yubnub and Teaviex Cue like this.
  24. bighairedaristocrat

bighairedaristocrat Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2013
    As you astutely noted, the government and military were both in their infancy with washington.... contrary to the post-ROTJ republic when presumably, all the senators who were put out of work during ANH would be back in their old jobs. its far more logical that some of them would wind up being chancellor 30 years later than military leaders from the rebellion.

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Everyone will be chancellor! Freedom and fairness for everyone!

The_Hellhammer likes this.