main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

POLL-Name Badge Interest Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sarnia, Jan 22, 2013.

?

Are you interested in obtaining a RMFF name badge?

Poll closed Feb 22, 2013.
  1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Depends on cost

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Need more info (please include what info you would like in a response)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    As we discussed at the January meeting, a poll and dithered for additional discussion about name badges.

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I would like one and one for Buster in case we ever take him in costume anywhere.

QueenHighMistress likes this.
  3. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
  4. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Since I suggested it (not at the meeting) I had to vote yes. For those that are undecided the person who makes the 501st/RL/R2 badges has agreed to make some for us. He's known as Vader Vegas and helped with the X-wing, so he's kinda one of us. We just have to decide on a design, submit it to him, and we can order these badges individually whenever we want (there are no group discounts). It does take him some time to make them as he's doing this in his spare time. If we have enough interest and a design we all can agree on, I can submit it to him. Just remember the basic shape will be square metal like the other group badges, it's just a matter of how big you want the X-wing, where to put it, and info you want on the badges. Once he has the design he probably will not change it (he makes engraving templates for these badges), so when you order one the only thing you'll have to give him is the engraved info.

5. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    I'm not planning on getting one so I voted "no." I didn't want to be counted in the total in case that affects the cost. But I think it's a great idea!

6. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Yes Lynelle, it was brought up due to your post. Because people are not posting on the boards the mighty CR thought it needed to be beaten over our heads with it :D I think it's a good idea, love the R2 one and I have a RL one but we were just talking getting Buster one but on the RL boards to get one you have to be a member, at our dog is not :p

catz44 likes this.
  7. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    JawaJaka,since there was interest from some of us in getting a name badge what should the next steps be? Thanks!

8. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Let's finalize a design we all can agree on. Then we have to send it off to Damien so he can make them. Usually he takes orders from individuals via paypal with name, nickname, ID, etc (whatever info we want on them). I'll ask him if we can get a proof first, though (when we submit the design to him). I'm thinking of ordering one for myself then we can tweek the design based on mine (or go with it).

9. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Ben has an AI copy of the full RMFF logo, and I think that would be the best thing to use. Though it might have to be scaled down (which would make for a sad panda on my side) to the not-full version.

10. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i am interested in one as well...:)

11. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Just an FYI, this is what they look like for the 501st and RL:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The 501st/RL ones run $24 shipped.

12. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I think it would be cooler to have our logo a bit offset so it's a rectangle with the RMFF logo hanging off a bit, like Jawajaka's. It looks more dynamic and festive with the unusual shape compared to a rectangle with the graphics inside it.

</.02>

QueenHighMistress and PtrsonsZOO like this.
  13. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    I think that would be awesome and help set us apart -- we may need to see how much of a price difference that would be.

14. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Do the three red and three blue dots indicate anything, like rank?

15. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    501st one is based on Imperial Officer rank, I think the RL is also some sort of rank, too. However, all the 501st and RL nametags have the same red/blue dots, so I don't think he'll change that. RMFF doesn't have ranks, but we can add a line stating our board position/title. Just a thought. And yeah, I think having the logo a little off the rectangle would be superb. I paid $25 for the R2 one and $24 for the 501st one (which I'm still waiting to get), so not much difference there.

QueenHighMistress likes this.
  16. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
  17. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I don't think we need the dots/squares at all. The logo should take up most of the space, then names

catz44 and QueenHighMistress like this.
  18. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Down and dirty mockup
    [​IMG]

mirax80 and Obey Wann like this.
  19. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I like it --FF does indeed sit between the Empire/Rebellion, 501st/Rebel Legion. I love it!

20. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I like it, too -- but I think swapping the bird and cog positions would be wise as to have them on the same sides of the badge as their respective ships. (I think it's imperative that we have the X-Wing on there.)

I'm sure Ben will make it even more awesome. :cool:

PtrsonsZOO, Obey Wann and nnaydolem like this.
  21. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    i like it! i:)

22. Damien Metz

Damien Metz Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2013
    Hi All. Just saw all the messages, and decided to join the forums.
    yes, I'm an R2-Builder, and yes, Mary Franklin sent me the pieces of the busted-up R2 from the X-Wing after Celebration III when Don Bies said it was un-repariable. I fixed all of the electronics and repaired/replaced a bunch of seriously damaged parts on him. Wish I'd had more time, i would have done away with the big silver ring.
    Anyways, I can do the badges, except you have to realize the raised portion with your logo can only be 2 color (background-brushed silver or white, and lettering/logo BLACK).
    I cannot do an extra color (like the Yellow RMFF) without making it another plant-on (a 2nd layer on top of the main logo on top of the backplate.)
    There would be no extra charge for x-number of characters, but you won't want to get stupid like 'Big-Bob-obi-wanna-be-wookie-cuddler-with-an-attitude' Because it simply won't fit on the badge.
    Yes, I can make the badges witht he bump on the top for the Deathstar and no extra charge.

Grimby and PtrsonsZOO like this.
  23. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    That was just my hack C&P graphic to help the folks who need to "see" in order to understand. Our real graphics guy will come with a working version.

And you did an awesome job putting the little guy back together. With any luck we'll be fixing that silver ring very soon. [face_peace]

24. JawaJaka

May 24, 2011
    Hi Damien! As an R2 builder I'm working on the big silver ring thingy issue. It's only in theory (in-my-head sort of thing) right now, but I think I've got a plan. Thank you for helping us on the name badges. Just got my 501st badge and it's awesome!

25. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I believe at the last meeting that Grimby said that he'd put together an EPS file for us to check out and send on to Damien.