main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    That is very cool Rebecca. She has a kad (sword)by the look of things.

2. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Yes she does, though part of that comes from not trusting myself to draw a jetpack. The rest comes from my love of swords, knives, and other old fashioned weapons. My only regret is I've never had a chance to train with them, though I have done some knife defense, and I did find a broadsword academy...

3. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    You know, I want someone to make a cosplay of the Nite Owl Beskar'gam. I think that it is a brilliant design variation because of how damn simple the thing is. You add a tiny noseguard to a traditional bucket and boom, instant barn owl motif.

4. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    Anyone thinking about doing a Mandalorian-esque RPG? I would start one but I don't have the time to commit as a GS for an RPG, only the time to play a role.

5. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Several Mando or Mando-esque characters in the current RPGs, particularly the GoL faction of "Shadow War - Times End". Suggest you PM CPL_Macja. He posts there, and in the EU Community Forum's 'Blue Moon Cantina' and 'Guardians of Light' threads to see if there are any vacancies.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  6. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    So I went to check the wiki re: mandos to find out certain info but it got confusing as there didn't seem to be any one page fully dedicated to mandalorians as whole (unless I'm missing something). So I thought I'd ask here, is there a certain age at which a mando would first start wearing beskar'gam?

7. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Mandos typically reach adulthood at the age of 13 so I would assume that by that time they would be fully used to wearing beskar'gam. The five years previous to that, they receive Mando and military training usually at the hands of one of their parents. I would guess that they wear beskar'gam for a majority of that as well.

[​IMG]

8. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Wouldn't make a whole lot of sense not to for at least part of it anyways. I was wondering because I recall being told that the term beskar'gam means second skin. I was just curious how far that ideology went.

9. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Beskar'gam actually means "iron skin," since beskar is the Mando'a word for Mandalorian iron.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  10. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Ah gottcha. I thought there was a term in relation to the armor that meant 'second skin'. Is this incorrect then?

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Not that I am aware of...

Though the calling of the armor "iron skin" might be indictitive of such I suppose. Or it just might be a funny happenstance of the language.

[​IMG]

Zeta1127 likes this.
  12. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    hm. Okay.

13. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Have we truly known a 13 year old Mandalorian? We know that at 10 it doesn't appear that Boba had a suit of armor, at least not that we saw. I think the young lady Mandalorian in a Practical Man, the one Goran & Medrit adopt, was 16 and had a suit, iirc. Honestly its pretty foggy in my memory and my sources are not at hand :p

I would view armor for kids as being something like hockey equipment - very expensive to replace year after year after year.

Commander_Ducky likes this.
  14. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Makes sense, Robimus. :)

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    From what I recall the plates are a modular system that are attached to the undersuit, so theoretically one would only put on the plates that would fit for that age level. I would also think that such would be passed down from family member to family member as I am sure they are expensive.

It is also probable in my mind that the "youth sets" wouldn't be made of beskar but of some other less resiliant material, like durasteel.

[​IMG]

16. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Dinua Jeban was the girl from A Practical Man, and as she was celebrating just passing her verd'goten, she would be thirteen years old at the time. And yes, she did have a suit of full armor.

One of the Timeline videos that were put out prior to the release of The Old Republic shows a young Mandalorian kid wearing essentially full armor while being trained, presumably by his father.
    [​IMG]

Zeta1127 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  17. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Oooh cool. :)

18. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    There you go. Somehow I'd come away with the impression that she was older but a glance at the book says that she was 13, so there it is.

Now be honest, did you have her name committed to memory? :p

I imagine that would be the case, but battered and reused equipment would become not that safe after a time, depending on how heavy the training was. And what if there were 10 kids? :p

No doubt though, if they follow mom or dad into battle at 13 they would need a proper suit of armor.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  19. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Honestly, yeah, I actually did. Not intentionally or anything, I just happen to have a really good memory for stuff I like.

Robimus likes this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    You're a SW geek. It comes with the territory. ;)

Ordo N-11 and Mia Mesharad like this.
  21. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    Robimus your profile pic is G status, for the record.

22. Commander_Ducky

Commander_Ducky Jedi Master star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    This.

Also... the casting game... a new nominee sometime soon, perhaps? ;)

23. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Later today I'll get the blurb together and start the new round.

Commander_Ducky likes this.
  24. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    [​IMG]

From working for the Republic Treasury Audit Division to turning her back on her government and joining Kal Skirata's secret organization, Besany Wennen proved to be a valuable member of team Skirata.

Perhaps her most notable moment took place when she saved the life of Clone Trooper Fi in a Republic Medical center. A medical droid had declared him brain dead and was preparing to end his life. Besany discovered this, put a stop to it by drawing a hold out blaster and risking her own life to guard Fi until help could arrive and secretly usher him away to safety.

As always those previously cast as other characters are not eligible to be cast any longer and if you make a nimination and can't return for the voting portion of the casting your nomination will count as a vote.

So lets cast Besany Wennen!

25. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Nicole Kidman.
    [​IMG]

Robimus and Bardan_Jusik like this.