main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In retrospect. Why the hell did this scene happen?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by IG_2000, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008

I never really questioned it as a kid for some reason

Hank Hill likes this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Maybe to show that they will eat anything when they have nothing else and when they are under extreme conditions or something?

Hank Hill and Mia Mesharad like this.
  3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    General Skywalker was hungry.

4. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    They were stationed on whatever world they were on for more than a month, and if we go by the fact that Obi-Wan's apparently sleeping in a dirt trench, supplies don't seem to be all that plentiful. Without a supply drop, rations aren't going to last forever, leaving the people on the ground to supplement them in whatever way possible. Apparently native insects were all that was available, otherwise I'm sure Anakin would've been coming back with some local fruit or something. To his credit, finding them in the enemy camp suggests that the insects are considered viably edible.

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Grubs are a good source a protein if your in a survival situation.

6. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    So Anakin could tell that joke about feeding off the living force.

SithStarSlayer and Darthgoodguy like this.
  7. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    someone is spending his time with Bear Grylls

Seerow likes this.
  8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Here's a question: Why was JAT so much better at voicing Obi Wan back in the CW Multimedia Project days?

Togruta likes this.
  9. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I've just assumed he got older, it's been 10 years since he started doing that. Besides, I like his Obi-Wan voice now still as it does capture the character of Obi-Wan.

10. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I never really had a problem with this scene. If you are serving in the field for an extended period of time with minimal supplies, it is not a bad idea to know what flora and fauna are edible.

11. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm still waiting for the mashup scene between Anakin Skywalker and Hakuna Matata

12. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I always thought this was a really weird cartoonish moment in the old series that didn't really align correctly with Anakin's character, and left me scratching my head.

Right up there with the strange ticks they gave some of the other characters like the Coprorate Alliance General Oro Dassyne http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Oro_Dassyne. In the scene that opened Chapter 22 of the micro-series (from the third season, aka volume 2 on DVD) they opened it with an extreme close-up on this weird dude. He's a Corporate Alliance guy like Passel Argente, but the thing that was weird was the voice reminded me of something out of a blaxploitation film. Not implying I think it's racist or anything like that, I just thought it was weird in Star Wars. I think it was just a choice by the voice actor T.C. Carson, but it just didn't align with what I would expect for these aliens.

13. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Because it's Anakin messing with Obi-Wan. He knows it'll make him uncomfortable and at the same time, it's a fun way to reveal that he has the plans to get past the shield they've been assaulting for a month. It was Genndy's "good friends" moment for the characters.

Togruta likes this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I liked that scene, I don't see anything particularly wrong with it. We need more weird!Anakin in TCW. Or at least some snark.

Nubbs, Force Smuggler and Togruta like this.
  15. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    Because the picture is A necessity. I find your lack of faith disturbing.

16. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Blaxploitation? Corporate Alliance? Somehow this came to mind:

[​IMG]

Watto likes this.
  17. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It such a funny scene and why would you question something in a galaxy far,far away...
    He eats bugs and?! Bear Grills does it every day. [face_laugh]

If we have to get technical about kid logic vs adult logic. I find Vader's suit as the most illogical thing in the movies...

BlenderWars likes this.
  18. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    When rewatching the series lately, the only thing that really "bug"ged me was the jousting scene.

Nubbs and SithStarSlayer like this.
  19. Nubbs

Nubbs Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2013
    Yeah, that was a little much. I get that Star Wars is more fantasy than hard sci-fi, but that was a head-scratcher to me.

20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  21. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Because Microseries sux lol itz soo over the top and not at all realistic therefore it sux lol!

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Anakin spent the first few years of his life as a slave in Mos Espa. I'm not sure he's picky about where his protein comes from.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  23. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I'm not sure whether I prefer this, or the scene where Gascon eats fly-covered garbage.

Meh. They're both cringeworthy.

Darth_Zandalor likes this.
  24. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Well, this was a funny way to convey both plot relevant dialogue without boring the audience. Gascon eating a fly was just there for the sake of him eating a fly (cus he's a frog, get it? You cretins). Anakin eating bugs is there to give them something silly to look at so they aren't bored with just exposition.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.