main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Mark Hamill interview on ETOnline...states "They're talking to us"

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by braddrad, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Probably just being coy. In fact, there could be serious meetings already discussed. But everyone has probably signed NDA's of some sort. He probably has the green light to skid around in interviews, but he ain't going to commit to any details.

I don't think we will be getting much info from anyone other than Kennedy. She will probably be the only one who may throw us a bone once and a while.

2. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    Mark Hamill states "They're talking to us"

3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Padme501st and TreborSabreon like this.
  4. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I love you Mark Hamill! :)

5. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    He didn't say the PT, he was talking about CGI in general.

J_Girl and TreborSabreon like this.
  6. Episode Swag

Episode Swag Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    Very awesome interview indeed! Glad to finally know a little bit about the story. Know we pretty much know it will be about the next generation of skywalkers. Ie, it won't be set thousands of years into the past or the future. Just another good ol' entry in the Skywalker saga.

And I could not be more exited!

7. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I check out Mark's twitter just about every day and the fact that he's being dead silent about Episode VII pretty much tells me what I need to know...

J_Girl likes this.
  8. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    I'm going to be a lonely old hermit living out in some kind of desert igloo with a couple of robots.'"

New Jedi Temple/Academy will be on Tattooine. Calling it now.

Padme501st likes this.
  9. mglover92

mglover92 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2013
    Im going to be highly disappointed to only see mark or the original cast as extras. I really want the story to surround them and i hope they dont shed to far away from them.

J_Girl likes this.
  10. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    I daydream about the first shot of Luke in Episode VII. Staring at the Tatooine sunset in his Jedi robes with the Force theme on full blast.

11. Teniel Djo

Teniel Djo Jedi Master star 5

Apr 8, 2000
    This is interesting. I hope they play fun supporting roles like Leonard Nimoy in the new Star Trek movie. I was actually thinking I might be okay with a recast but this works too.

12. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    Anyone think that it may not center around their kids, but their grandkids instead?

All their ages would believably sync up with 18-30 yo grandkids too.

Episode Swag likes this.
  13. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007

Yup, he's definately ND positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    There can't be a sequel trilogy without Mark. That would just be insane.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  15. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    WOW !!! awesome news ! NO RECASTING !!! this made my day .....it almost looks certains now the whole gang will be back in smaller roles to past the torch to the off-spring .....almost exactly what's these boards have been speculating ......

16. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I like how he said he would want a mixture of real stuff/props/sets and not just a video game looking CGI setting

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  17. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Well he pretty much said everything I was expecting. Luke in supporting mentor role/ pretty good chance of return/ect. Now we just need to get a confirmation *or track down JJ. Seriously he can't be THAT hard to find* and we'll be good

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  18. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Based on what we THINK we know, would it shock people if Carrie is actually the hardest of the big three to sign on. And arguably, she would be the least important story wise. (No offense to Leia fans).

19. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    How would Leia, the other surviving Skywalker be less important story wise than Han Solo - a smuggler-turned-general? That really makes no sense.

20. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Plus its not like she's got any other big projects being offered to her. Why turn down probably the biggest blockbuster of 2015 *or whatever* for....uhh...what type of career does Carrie have now?

21. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I said arguably and also it was in comparison to Han and Luke. Han is not just a smuggler-turned-general; he is a fundamental aspect to the Star Wars Saga. Without him, Luke dies in the Death Star trench; thus the rebel alliance is destroyed in the Yavin system, there is no Hutt or Bounty hunter connection, and arguably the Endor ground mission fails.

But let me clarify- Out of all the big three, I think it would be least important for Carrie to appear on screen. Her role could be explained without her actually making a film appearance.

22. Poo-Do

Poo-Do Jedi Padawan

Nov 6, 2012
    - I legit get goosebumps thinking about that.

23. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Oh come on. He was clearly referencing the PT.

24. The Bops

The Bops Jedi Master star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    "It's all very, very exciting and so unexpected," says Hamill. "I think that's the quality I like about it most - it's like getting a pair of pants out of the closet you haven't worn in three years and finding a $20 bill in the pocket. It's just so unexpected."

I love this line.

25. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    But then we'd have the originals, their kids and their kid's kids (we're not going to see the grandkids without their parents being accounted for) and that just seems like an awful lot of characters to deal with. I don't know, it could happen that way (and it wouldn't surprise me to see an newborn/infant grandchild appear), but as far as featured players, I think it'd probably make a lot more sense to save the grandkid's adventures for another story.