main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series A Tale of Two Mauls: IGN interviews Sam Witwer

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Samayel_, Feb 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
  2. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    [face_sigh]
    Well Maul will be back in S6 and S7 it seems to me.

3. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Nice interview. Got to love Witwer's enthusiasm for the franchise, he's a real fanboy living the dream.

4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Agreed I like his enthusiasm too, but I would temper it with the fact that all actors say this sort of stuff on all there characters, (with the single exception of Chakotay in StarTrek Voyager) I have never heard of an actor go admit the material they have for the character is crap but they have no choice during the run of a show.

5. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    And there's a rough draft of TFU3 written but they're waiting until after Episode VII and next-generation gaming

Samayel_ likes this.
  6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I agree with this bit:

And I can see where he's coming from with this:

But I absolutely hate this (referencing Force Unleashed III):

7. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    When it comes to the future of Star Wars gaming in general, didn't Bob Iger at one point pretty much say that they'll finish up games that were currently in development but that beyond that they're pretty much just going to focus on mobile platforms for the near future?

I like Witwer's enthusiasm and I like the work he's done in TCW. I figured Maul would be back for another season, but I'm not sure how much I'd want him around beyond that (and I'm hoping that the show itself doesn't go on for more than another season or two). Still hoping they either transition into the Dark Times or create an all new show, and for either of those two I wouldn't want to see more Maul. Maybe Witwer, but not as Maul.

8. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Probably more of an Episode VII forum related thing but I thought this was interesting:

9. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Because he's in it.

RHETT will rule the Galaxy!!!.
    ;)

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Interesting, glad we will definitely see more of Maul :) :)

11. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    I was hoping to hear a bit about Talzin's fate...

Bo-Katan likes this.
  12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Are there hard spoilers in the article or just hints? I don't want to read it if there are hard spoilers.

That's interesting, especially since in my opinion Voyager is by far the worst Star Trek series. If one of the actors was admitting the story sucked while the show was still on, he gets serious props from me.

13. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'm not aware if Chakotay (I don't know the actor's name) was critical while the show was on the air or not. Though it's not uncommon for an actor to bad mouth previous work once it's over and done. The actor that played as Julian Bashir was critical of how that character was written, I know a couple actors from Enterprise were outspoken about how crappy the series finale for that show was and that they thought it was a slap in the face that they brought in Riker and Counselor Troi. Hugo Weaving has been critical of Transformers and Captain America (moreso the prior). The guy that played as Billy in Jurassic Park 3 came out and said that he thought the movie kind of sucked after it aired, etc.

It's kind of unprofessional if you ask me. But at the same those same people will do nothing but praise the work their involved in when they are still dependent on it for a pay check.

Witwer's not going to get to critical of TCW, even if he were to think they completely dropped the ball on something. He'd really only be reliable once he was free of his obligations to the show. Simon Pegg kind on sang a different tune once he got hired on to voice Dengar after previously being critical of the PT. Perhaps once TCW is over with he'll come right back out and say that it was a terrible show in his opinion. You never know.

14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    It was back when Voyager was on, it was in the UK SFX magazine and yeah he didn't like the direction the show went and basically felt his character did nothing and was quite open and honest in his criticisms. I think he by then he had been so frustrated with what was going on he just didn't care.

I agree with you about Voayger, which is a shame as the premise was quite interesting, 2 hostile crews trapped in the middle of no where (quite literally where no man has gone before) forced to work together to get home. Instead the writers dropped the ball big time it was horrible to watch.

15. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    I remember enough of the few Voyager episodes I saw to not blame the actor for panning the series. Star Trek at that time was known for its dysfunctionality.

Didn't Pegg say that TCW was "making Star Wars cool again, one episode at a time"? That was some hardcore gushing, the likes of which I've rarely seen done for any product. It would be hard to walk that back without seeming like a colossal hypocrite. His comment might have been an attempt to drum up some positive buzz about the single episode in which he voiced a character, which would make it rather pathetic if he was insincere about it.

Generally since 2006, Lucasfilm has dropped the ball on Star Wars gaming. They bet big on a handful of franchises and lost interest when they failed to do the impossible. TCW tie-ins have been poor and largely non-existent since the first season. One hope of mine was that the Disney takeover would provide an impetus for greater ambition and competence at Lucasarts, but it seems they're taking the "lean" or "austerity" approach instead.

16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Not to get too off-topic here, but I completely agree with QuangoFett that Lucasarts' record with TCW games is abysmal. They only made three games, Republic Heroes and Lightsaber Duels for Wii, and Jedi Alliance for Nintendo DS. The two Wii games are entertaining for me because of how into the series I am, but they both give the distinct impression that much less effort went into them than even the average video game. Jedi Alliance feels like more effort went into it, but it's still quite simple overall. And all three of these games came out towards the beginning of the series. This is a major disappointment.

17. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Lucasarts' games in general lately have been abysmal. But the best TCW game by far is Clone Wars Adventures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.