main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series A new "well known" character appearing in a future season.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by rezpen, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    It's funny, because there was an audition for a very important role in an upcoming Clone Wars season, and I was suggesting some friends of mine read for the role -- and I was also reading for the role. So a friend of mine came in, and they're like, "Okay, get ready to read this." They kind of just threw him a script, and he was like, "Wait, I didn't know that I was reading for this character!" It was a well-known character. And they said, "Didn't Sam tell you?" This is my best friend, and he said, "No, he didn't." I was like, "Well of course I didn't tell him!"
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/20/a-tale-of-two-mauls?page=2

Okay guys any guesses on who they might be talking about? A well known character hmmm. Seriously it seems like all the major characters who could be in this time period are already on the show! Maybe an Imperial like Piett? Or General Madine?

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Shouldn't this be discussed in the thread about that interview?

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  3. rezpen

May 4, 2010
    Seemed like it was a thread about the future of Darth Maul.

4. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
  5. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Hmmm...although that would be awesome, isn't it a bit early for them to encounter Thrawn?

Plus, why assume that it's a bad guy? Maybe it's Han Solo, or Lando.

6. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Anyone of you who think it's going to be Thrawn or another EU character, don't get your hopes up. It's more than likely going to be a character from the films.

7. earlchinna

earlchinna Jedi Master star 2

Mar 17, 2004
    I thought it might just be Palpatine/Sidious actually... but I still hope for some big characters from the movies hey you never know after all!

8. rezpen

May 4, 2010
    Haha can you imagine Sam Witwer trying to do Lando? This came up in the context of talking about an NDA so I would think it's not somebody who is already on the show like Palpatine?

9. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Like K'Kruhk, I'd be surprised if it turned out to be Thrawn. But it would be a welcome one.

My money is (unfortunately) on a young Han Solo. That said, I think earlchinna may be on to something, too, as someone has to replace Ian Abercrombie as Palpatine and as Witwer already has experience voicing the character, it would make sense for him to have read for the role, too.

10. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Ah, yeah, I forgot about Palps. I suppose it could be him. Besides, Han would be somewhere around 8-9 years old during TCW.

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, it just says an important character, not a character we haven't seen before, could easily be Palpatine.

12. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Sounds more vague to me. If it's a given Palpatine has to be replaced, why wouldn't he just say say that's who the character is? Do voice actors really need to be that secretive?

13. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    Could be Palpatine, as Witwer read for this mystery role too apparently, and he has voiced him before in TFU.

14. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Thrawn? *crosses fingers*

15. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    [​IMG]

Please don't be Thrawn.

Togruta, K'Kruhk and Mia Mesharad like this.
  16. BlenderWars

BlenderWars Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    Witwer clearly talks about sidious there. He is already in the Crew and did Sidious before. But i wonder if he can do the calm speaking Palpatine. Maybe they cut Palpatines speaching roles to a minimum and will show sidious more often in the future.

17. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    They seemed to offer Witwer the Maul role off hand without having him read for it. They already know he can do an "Emperor Palpatine voice" both from his work on The Force Unleashed as well as Son slipping into the voice.

I would think that if they wanted him to be Palpatine he would get the job on the spot, unless like you say, maybe they are seeing if he could do the less raspy "Chancellor Palpatine voice."

Though I really would doubt if its Palpatine. Why would Sam be sworn to secrecy over that. It was no secret that Ian passed away and that they were likely to recast Palpatine.

18. BlenderWars

Feb 20, 2013
    Every detail which is not officialy anounced must be kept in secret. I think the artists and voice actors sign that they will keep quiet in their contracts. Otherwise Lucasfilm can sue them.

19. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Witwer approached a friend about reading for a line, something he would have had to have cleared with Filoni first. I would think that it's pretty standard practice to know what you are auditioning for ahead of time. And it's not really a secret. People have been asking Dave who is going to replace Ian. He's never announced it, and whomever has been selected probably can't announce it until they get the green light from Dave/LucasFilm. But I think Witwer's story was meant to illustrate how seriously he takes being secretive, but at the same time Dave's disbelief that Sam would bring his friend in to read for the role without telling him the role he was reading for indicates that in this case he was unnecessarily secretive.

20. BlenderWars

Feb 20, 2013
    Look what Witwer write. He knows the limitations of his contract and just brought a friend in the studio without telling him anything before. That would be a clear infraction of his contract.

21. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    The way that Witwer told the story made it sound like the casting crew couldn't believe that Witwer didn't tell his friend, which would imply there would have been no breach of contract if it was what they expected. They expected this guy to come into the reading knowing the role he was reading for.

That's an awkward thing to ask if they expected him to come into the reading NOT knowing the role he was reading for (which he apparently didn't).

22. BlenderWars

Feb 20, 2013
    A voice actor does not need to know the name of the character he voices. He just needs to know the location, the Gender and Age and a bit of accent of the character. Thats enogh for some testlines. For example Ashley eckstein got her role for Ahsoka by testing for Padme...She never knew for whom she was acting. They told her after she signed the contract.

23. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    Lando sounds the more logical character....
    I REALLY HOPE THAT ISNĀ“T NOA FROM THE EWOKS MOVIE!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.