main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena "The Beautiful Game" - The Official JCC Football (Soccer) Thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by FORCE_SKIN, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
  2. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I'm just peed off that those giant letters get in the way of the awesome removal job I did with the background :p

3. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Hysterical your point about LaLiga. Real 1-1 at home was the best result of the bunch.

4. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    The last time Lionel Messi started a match for Barcelona and failed to score was in the 3-1 win against Celta Vigo on 3 November.

8-}

5. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Lol @ Barca?

6. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    Btw, those Barca kits may be the most hideous I have ever seen.

7. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    [​IMG]

Bit better, but can't be barsed to try again.

8. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Worse than Everton's pink away shirt?

9. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Or that nasty grey kit United once had for half a match? :p

Great result for Milan, but Barca can so easily come back especially at home.

10. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Barca out of the CL makes it soooooo very much more interesting.

particularly if Madrid go out too. [face_party]

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Barca and Madrid going out would put us way too close to a treble for United for my taste ...

12. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    They can come back, but there won't be anything easy about it. Despite all there additions and attemopts to vary tactics since they were knocked out by Inter, Barca still has a brilliant Plan, but Plan B consists of little more than desperately hoofing the ball to Mr Shakira when opponents protect a lead and park the bus.

Honestly, Real has clearly shown that they're a pretender this year, have regressed badly since winning La Liga last season. They still probably have the best chance of advancing of the Spanish sides. Malaga could turn that 1-0 defeat in Porto around as well. Given the away goal rule, right now the QF would be Bayern, Dortmund, Schalke, ManU, Juve, Milan, PSG and Porto. That's a damned good pool of clubs. Bayern the clear favorites for me, certainly wouldn't count ManU or Juve out either. I could easily see Dortmund beating any of the other 7 as well, but not quite so confident in them.

The kits in question (not sure this is the ManU one that was meant).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    A Bayern-Dortmund final may be the most likely outcome, but second leg matches can spring suprises. United certainly aren't through yet, they could easily lose at home and go out.

Good result for Spurs, Chelsea & Newcastle tonight. LOL @ Liverpool - They put in a good performance but it was too little too late. If they had played that way in the first leg the tie wouldn't have been so awkward for them.

14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Any of you able to tell me how Brek Shea looked in his debut for Stoke City?

15. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    This will mean little to those who haven't watched every game Everton have played this season, but if you want to see the epitome of a player who does nothing and takes no responsibility, you must look at Steven Naismith.

Oh, and we've just lost at ****ing Norwich, after being 1-0 up with 80 minutes on the clock. [face_plain]

16. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
  17. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Gotta win those games if you want to be in the Top 4

18. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Not gonna happen now.

19. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    i do love Rafael. i always have. most of all, i love that he is my favourite ninja turle.

20. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Lukaku is decent eh?

21. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Lukaku > Torres, evidently

22. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    i should point out that the above comment was made before they made the exact same point on MOTD.

regards

epic

23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    David Luiz looks like he wants to be elsewhere today.

24. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Indeed, one wonders why Chelsea didn't cimply recall him from loan instead of buying Ba. I mean Ba is great but next season they will have 3 strikers all fighting to play and not keen to sit on the bench unless they are happy to be supportive like United's forwards are.

As for Rafael - He's improved a lot this season, certainly in terms of crossing and coming forward to support attacks. He is much better defensively also but I would still regard that as his weaker area and his size does sometime put him at a disadvantage. I still wouldn't rely on him to keep Ronaldo at bay in the CL second leg, if Jones is not going to play than Rafael will need for support from someone else.

25. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Could they move Ba out to play on the wing? He played out wide a bit for Newcastle when they played Cisse alone at the top some last year.