main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Harrison Ford to return as Han Solo

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Claire, Feb 15, 2013.

1. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Feels Forced !!! NO PUN INTENDED......

2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    They won't be swept under the rug. Just not given the lead role cause I doubt Lucasfilm wants to have your entire new trilogy run on a bunch of old actors *especially when the past SW main heroes have been between the ages of 20-30* when its easier to connect to younger viewers with generally younger characters *most likely the new cast will be between the ages of mid 20-early 30s and our new director works well with younger casts whether they be the Star trek cast or the Super 8 cast* than it is to a bunch of old guys.

3. Jason79

Jason79 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    I agree that the lead roles probably should be younger. We need some fresh faces in Star wars. Preferably made up of mostly unknowns that are also good actors. Much how Carrie, Mark and Harrison weren't quite as famous when they were in the original. I just don't want to see Miley cyrus or Justin bieber running around pretending to be Jedis.:p We all know what happened the last time they tried to attract the kiddies to Star wars. Cough Jar Jar Cough. LOL but seriously i'd still like at least a Cameo or two of the original actors.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I don't think anyone realistically thinks that the Big Three should be the main cast. It seems as if everyone agrees that they should be supporting players, at the most. It's just enough to say 'hello' to some old friends.

I don't know about that...he still looks pretty damn good for 70. Throw in some of that movie magic and he can pull it off. ;)

5. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    So awesome to have Harrison Ford back on board. Welcome back, Han Solo. We've missed you.

6. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Well that "movie magic" didn't work for Indie 4 so.....

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    We'll have to agree to disagree then.

Harrison was one of the highlights of Indy 4. He may have been older, but he was still Indiana Jones, plain and simple. If anything hurt that film, it was bad decisions concerning the plot and the ensemble cast.

8. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Except it's not when done right. I will point to TNG, Wrath of Khan, Star Trek 2009, all of which brought back at some point one or more of the original cast of Star Trek and did it well.

9. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I think you're totally wrong. I've been back on these boards in full swing since early November and I never once read that anyone her wanted the Big 3 to be the main focus of the St -- not even in Episode 7. Those gnashing their teeth in utter consternation over having the Big 3 back need to take it down a notch and step back. Everyone and their brother knows by now that they are being brought back to pass the torch to a new generation which could span into as many as 6 more episodes.

10. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    One thing I have to say about this deal..

Han Signed First! ;)

11. bighairedaristocrat

bighairedaristocrat Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2013
    I'd definitely like to see 6 new Episodes, but thats the first i heard of more than one trilogy planned.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Lol! We need to make T-shirts! :p

Echo-07 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  13. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

14. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    What? Harrison looked great in Indy 4! It was more of the writing I think, and the green screen stuff didn't seem fir for Indy IMO.

15. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Still it was kinda sad to see Harrison Ford NOT be the young, handsome man that we all wanted to be. I mean us wanting to be like Indie was part of his charm...seeing him as a 70 year old guy....eh. But whatever it doesn't matter the script sucked and hopefully the SW7 script is better *I still don't know whether to trust Arndt or not cause the Indie4 writer had some good credentials, like Arndt. I just don't want a repeat where we got a good script writer but somehow get a horrid story*

16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I thought 70 year old Indy was great and Harrison didn't seem to have skipped a beat after the long interval between films. He was still Indy! It was that bratty kid that annoyed the hell out of me.

17. DiditAllForTheWookie

DiditAllForTheWookie Jedi Master star 1

Apr 2, 2001
    The older cast will be used to flesh out the character of the new cast. Luke will likely have a Revenge of the Sith Yoda role.

Echo-07 likes this.
  18. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    =D=

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  19. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    [face_rofl]

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  20. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    The odds of the ST being great are 3720 to 1.
    Harrison- Not arguing with that.

21. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Boba fett is a strong rumor to be the next to be official. He never really did die!! : p

22. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    but but.....I want to think it will be great :(

23. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Not saying I don't. Just don't have high expectations.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    C'mon we have one of the most accomplished producers in Hollywood, an Academy Award winning screenwriter, George Lucas writing the treatments, Lawrence Kasdan as a consultant and JJ Abrams directing (not my first choice but he seems to have a genuine passion for Star War which I think is a very good thing.) I think we have a better shot than 3720 to 1 that this will be pretty good. Don't worry, be happy! :p

25. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    DON'T!
    DO!
    THAT!
    :mad: