main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Han's role should be the QuiGon/Obi Wan mentor instead of Luke

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by RAZORBLADE, Feb 17, 2013.

1. RAZORBLADE

RAZORBLADE Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 13, 2013
    i believe that if Han's child/children are the main protaginist's then it should be him to take the mentor role in the new movie and luke could take the yoda role in episode 8 and 9. star wars has always had a theme of absent fathers so why not use that and have han die saving his kid at the end of the movie. the hero will then have to deal with the guilt of letting his father die and over the course of the trilogy he will learn the way's of the force to keep the one's he cares about from dying, mimicking anakins journey in the PT, but unlike Ani he will learn to let go

2. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Um, no. The reason being that Han is not a jedi, nor does he know how to instruct someone in the ways of the force.

Darth kRud likes this.
  3. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    Han should be a aged shell of his former shelf, drunken and lost on some backworld cantina. And come back after the

4. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    But he is a father he would be the true mentor for Jacen. i imagine him always giving Jacen a hard time, but in the final moments he would tell Jacen he is proud of him:_| not a dry eye in the house. but what i am really trying to say is Luke should not die in the first movie because that is a cycle that should break in my opinion. Luke should survive to the last moments in IX and then die when the jedi have returned to their former glory and his work is done

5. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Well, first of all I doubt there will be a character named Jacen or even Jaina, Anakin Solo, and Ben Skywalker. They are ignoring the EU, and starting from scratch.Yes, there will likely be offspring of Han and Leia's with the last name Solo and possibly an offspring of Luke with the last name of Skywalker. I just think they will do their own thing in terms of character development and naming.

Perhaps Han will have a few fatherly moments in the new film with whoever his son/daughter is the in the movie. The jedi mentor of the trilogy in all 3 pictures will be Luke.

6. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    i agree a lot of people want luke to die just like QuiGon and Obi Wan in the first movie of the trilogy. in my opinion Luke is too important to die. But han, his story has run in my opinion. He has proved himself a hero now all he has left to offer the story isdying and giving the hero something to fight for

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    To be honest, I don't see it in Han's character to play the role of the wise old sage. He's too much of a loose cannon for that. I can see him offering advice and teaching certain lessons where needed, but beyond that, not so much.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  8. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Mmm it could work....but suspect Luke will have that role of mentor because of being a jedi & that is the tradition of the mentor......

9. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    Yeah.. it is more likely that Leia will be collecting child support from Han :p

10. johnrain39

johnrain39 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    They should reunite Ford with Short Round.

11. BlenderWars

BlenderWars Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    Dude there will be no Jacen or EU in the New Movies. What are you talking about?

Han is a independent Smuggler Pilot and he will stay so. That role made him big and old Harrison Ford is totaly Han Solo with his Ear piercing and Alcohol drinking. He will be a great aged Han Solo, kicking some butts together with his Chewie.

12. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Who said anything about Jacen or EU?

It's a safe bet that the protagonists will be the Solo/Skywalker kids, whatever their names and roles might be, whatever their relation to EU may or may not be.

13. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Shut him up or shut him down!

lbr789 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  14. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    I'm sorry, Hammer, but I think you had a better response to Razorblade when you threw up your hands and said "Never mind, I don't want to know..." ;)

The_Hellhammer likes this.
  15. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    But someone mentioned EU! We must fight! To arms! Torches! Pitchforks!

16. BlenderWars

BlenderWars Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    Here he talks about the EU.

Jacen will not be in the ST. Lucasfilm officialy anounced that the EU will play no role in ST.

17. Good Movies Bad Movies

Good Movies Bad Movies Jedi Knight

Feb 21, 2013
    It's been reported that Han Solo will have a large role to play in Episode VII. What that role is, is anyone's guess.

An interesting rumour that currently going around is that Bradley Cooper will play as one of Han Solo's children:

Bradley Cooper to Play Han Solo's Son?

18. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I am not sold on the reliability of the website from which that rumor comes from.

19. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    While I do think Han and Leia's son will be the main protagonist and therefore Han's role in Ep 7 will be largely that of a father, Han is not equipped to be any kind of a mentor where the force is concerned. He dislikes all that force mumbo-jumbo.

I posted my ideas about the plot in another thread, but basically I think it boils down to the main protagonist will have two father figures -- his bio-dad Han, and his spiritual father Luke. They will be pulling him in different directions and our young protagonist will be torn because he loves both of them.

RAZORBLADE likes this.
  20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Maybe Han was training as a Jedi while frozen in carbonite?8-}

21. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    I believe the hero will be called Jacen. i imagine that the writers will approach this movie like a comic book movie. this means that they will pick and choose elements they like and incorparate them into their script, just like nolan and raimi did with their respective superhero trilogies of batman and spiderman

22. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    I believe the hero will be called Jacen. i imagine that the writers will approach this movie like a comic book movie. this means that they will pick and choose elements they like and incorparate them into their script, just like nolan and raimi did with their respective superhero trilogies of batman and spiderman

23. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    you know this how?

24. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    But no female main characters, right?

25. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Model the older Han after Charles Bukowski. Grizzled, beer belly.....a long sad face with a smile on it reminiscing about the good old days when he "bagged" a princess and blew up a death star. Death scene in the Catina where Greedo's son exacts revenge. Han dies drunk with his face in a bowl of porridge. No one notices or cares. Roll credits.