main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Will the Millennium Falcon be in Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Golden Jedi Knight, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Golden Jedi Knight

Golden Jedi Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    How about Knight Rider? Any chance we'll see K.I.T.T. in Episode VII?

2. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Does anyone honestly think the falcon won't be in the movie? Come on people, think.

3. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    No, the Falcon will be in movie. Where ever there is Han, there is the Falcon. There might very well be nerd riots if we get Han and no Falcon...

4. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Given that Ford and (more than just likely) Fisher will reprise their roles, it is safe to assume they will not be major roles, but that Episode VII will focus more on their children, who pretty much everybody already knows about. Han and Leia will be seen living in a relatively nice and quiet but interesting home. Chewbacca will be visiting that day, and he will be predominantly grey and playing holographic chess with Han in front of a big window or a fireplace or something. If it's in front of a window, the Falcon will be seen sitting on blocks in their yard. Leia will come out of the kitchen to serve them sandwiches or something and nag Han to get "that damn thing" off the lawn.

eht13 likes this.
  5. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    The Falcon is the most popular ship in Star Wars.

It WILL be in Episode VII.

6. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I've said it before elsewhere on these boards, but I've got my fingers crossed the standard opening shot (of all the SW movies of a ship in space) will be the Falcon

Sarge likes this.
  7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The Falcon MUST come back. It is its DESTINY.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  8. remoteviewer

remoteviewer Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2004
    I really, really, really think this plot will be in there. Like Han wanders around in a new ship but something happens to it so he brings the old girl out. Awesome!

9. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Hmmm, I've had a think and I'm now torn between a couple of scenarios for the Falcon in EPVII. The one I posted above and this one;

Han is washed up, back to being a scoundrel, split from Leia - His kids need his help, he agrees and hey presto, the audience get's their first view of the Falcon when he goes on the mission. I'm saying it all in real simple terms, and I'm not bothered about the story I've presented, but imagine the cheer in the cinema when they see the Falcon for the first time 3/4 of the way thru the movie.

EDIT
    Just noticed others think in a similar way

10. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    Han Solo and The Falcon are one in the same.

11. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Yup.

But I always found it weird that we never saw Han pilot the Falcon in ROTJ - or that he ever flew it at all.

Being that his eyesight was only starting to get better, I doubt he flew the Falcon out of Tatooinne after their battle with Jabba.

12. JJLong

JJLong Jedi Knight

Feb 21, 2013
    An idea I had for Ep.VII was that Lando wins the Falcon from Han at the beginning of the movie, and Han wins it back at the end.

13. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I hope most vehicles and ships from the OT make an appearance.
    Star Destroyers, TIEs, X-Wings, the Falcon...

14. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm gonna keep this simple.... YES IT WILL!!

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The real question is, if Han bites the lazer-blast in a non-explodey-spaceship-inside-the-Falcon sort of way, do the heroes keep running along in it throughout Ep.8-9? (And do they get to keep Chewie as a bonus?)

16. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    I think so. The Falcon is Han an Chewie's pride and Joy.

I'd love idea that the Falcon is sitting in a garage somewhere and hasn't been used for a while. Then Han and Chewie are called into actions and open up the garage to reveal the Falcon.

Giovs likes this.
  17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I hope we don't see Han lose the Falcon back to Lando.

Artoo Detoo likes this.
  18. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    If Solo is there, the Falcon will be there.

And if he goes out, the Falcon should go out with him.

Giovs likes this.
  19. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Maybe we'll see Han complaining to Lando to get Lando to replace that radar dish that he knocked off the top of the Falcon when they were flying inside the DSII.

Revenge of the Dak likes this.
  20. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I think, what would take everyone by surprise is that the Millenium Falcon gets destroyed within the first 15 minutes of the film and takes Han and anyone else on board along with it. This will set up an ideal that no one is safe anymore and that any charachter could depart at any given moment.

21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Towards the climax of the movie, the Falcon should turn into Unicron and eat the **** out of a planet.

Hydro spanner Celt likes this.
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes. Since we are supposed to answer these unanswerable questions with definitive answers, my answer is no. So, yes.

23. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Definitely maybe.

24. Feng Shui Engine

Feng Shui Engine Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    You know, I'd like JJ/Michael Arndt to play on everyone's expectations. Here's one way: Episode VII has Han and Chewbacca piloting a different ship for most of the entire movie. The Falcon's in retirement; the old gal had seen a lot of action. BUT, at some point the new ship gets destroyed. Everyone's like "What're we gonna do, we need a ship!" etc etc. Han's looking worried, but then Chewie lets out a series of growls. Apparently there's a ship he'd been fixing up in his spare time. Next shot: a hangar bay door opens, and we see the Millennium Falcon in all it's glory. Han smirks, "Hello, gorgeous".

(or something to that effect).

eht13 likes this.
  25. Fluttershy33

Fluttershy33 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2013
    The Falcon will definently return.

I also have a theory that it will be destroyed at some point in Episode 9.(in a dramatic battle or something like in Episode 6 except this time it wont come back from the mission)