main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Star Wars VII shoul NOT have a female lead

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by RAZORBLADE, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

My mom loves the OT. My wife hates Star Wars, and in particular The Old Republic because of the amount of hours I ended up playing the damn game.

eDisc and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  2. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    My mom has read more EU novels than most of the people on this forum. And my sister stood in line with me for 12 hours for The Phantom Menace. My female cousins saw all of the SE releases with me in the theater.

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    So, you do like the idea of women being degraded into roles where their weakness and dependence on men to save them is a plot device. Good to know.

Darth kRud and LawJedi like this.
  4. anakin-the-chosen-one

anakin-the-chosen-one Jedi Master

Feb 17, 2013
    "Star Wars belongs to boys" Oh dear God, you're being serious aren't you. The world is no longer black and white, girls don't play with barbies and boys don't play with racecars. There is a huge number of female Star Wars fans and you've excluded them all. You do realise that female characters are capable of more than being a love interest? Your argument is worded so badly that I can't take you seriously, sorry.

5. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Exactly. I have a 5 year old sister who is legit obsessed with Star Wars. Hell she wakes me up at 5 am in the morning demanding that I have lightsaber battles with her and rewatch the Empire Strikes back for the 1 millionth time. SW is not just for boys. Its for everybody no matter the age or gender.

6. RAZORBLADE

RAZORBLADE Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 13, 2013
    okay
    okay so will they buy the dvd's or the games or the toys of the new trilogy. sorry guys if you thought i was sexist but i was looking at this new trilogy from a buisness point of view, and the fact is that a lot of girls may like the movies, but they will not buy the dvd's, games or toys. But boys will

7. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Go ahead, just dig an even deeper hole, why don't ya?

8. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    http://www.heruniverse.com/

If you don't think girls buy geek merch, you've obviously never stepped inside a Hot Topic before. Also, seriously, visit tumblr. VISIT TUMBLR.

EDIT: also, type any Star Wars related word into Etsy, and check out the results.

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Someday, when you maybe possibly get to smell (or even touch!!!) a girl, you may be shocked to find out what they are actually into. It's rather obvious why you are in the dark on such matters presently, though, so nobody can fault your vapid banality.

10. Revenge of the Dak

Revenge of the Dak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 27, 2012
  11. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Both will spend a lot of money on buying Star Wars related items, even though they will not see the movie more than once. Between my daughter and I, my wife knows we love Star Wars gifts.

eDisc likes this.
  12. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    So far, you've given me very little reason to believe you are a grown man. You certainly haven't been acting like one.

13. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    well i do have two boys, they just dropped out of the sky. Its crazy huh?

14. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    Your mom knows i am:D

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Oh! DANG!!!! There's the manhood we were looking for! Mention your wife in one post and how you cheat on her with someone else' momz in the very next. Dude, you da damn man!

16. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    you are the only girl on this site i think

17. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    If you have two sons, you really need to be paying more attention to this topic. Good lord, please don't raise your sons with this absurd perspective on gender.

18. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    i do love women after all:Dso how is your mom?

19. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Okay 7 year old run along. You have nothing intelligent to say and that's pretty obvious.

eht13 likes this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Last time I filled her out she was fine, pimp. But, you'd know. You love doze wimmenz. Not enough to let them express their personality I mean stay up, young playa!

21. hawkeye forever

hawkeye forever Jedi Knight

Oct 30, 2012
    While I would prefer a male lead, I could live with a female lead as long as she doesn't fit your suggestion of a hot chick running around in tight clothing. This isn't me saying I want the complete opposite. It is me saying I don't want a sexualized female lead. The character you just suggested is one whose whole purpose is her body. Can there be female characters that are attractive and in tight clothing, sure. However a female character that fits correctly with the storyline, is much better than one there just for her body. If you care just about how she looks then their is plenty of pron on the internet for you.

22. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    this is a star wars site. not a topic about life. i am looking at this from a buisness point of view, the fact is boys love star wars more than girls[ the proof is on this website, how many girls are here] you will not see a group of teenage girls see this movie, you will not see teenage girls playing star wars games.

23. RAZORBLADE

Feb 13, 2013
    thanks dude your mom is a sweet woman

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003

Yes... I suppose you are correct, there...

25. anakin-the-chosen-one

anakin-the-chosen-one Jedi Master

Feb 17, 2013
    I really doubt that.

RAZORBLADE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.