main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Examiner.com Reports Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher returning as Luke and Leia in 'Star Wars VII'

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by gambit420, Feb 16, 2013.

1. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012

TreborSabreon likes this.
  2. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    I really hope episodes 7 through 9 the jedi council is built back up or getting back up to par with how many jedis were in attack of the clones. Luke skywalker would be the new mace or yoda, etc. . That would be kinda cool. I wonder if the famous stormtroopers will be in the new movie...

3. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    It is a yet a rumor but it seems to becoming increasingly real everyday. I was really hoping that the big three join the ship and go on board. For I think it is a big plus for the atmosphere of these new films and the transition of the OT towards Episode VII. Nonetheless we can think ourselves lucky to have the 3 of them back. They could have politely declined. They do not need more fame. That's big a statement of how much they care about the fans and the SW world and they still want to contribute to it. I am enthousiasm towards this new trilogy and suddenly 2015 seems very far!

lbr789 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  4. jedi_jra

jedi_jra Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2011
    What if Carrie is the only one to survive through the ST? That would be interesting... she would be forced to carry the mantle of the Jedi and keep the young Jedi Luke raised on track.

Both Luke and Han are on some mission requiring the best of the best, and they both realize their end has come together.... "Well kid, we've had a good run" They both go out in a blaze of Glory saving the kids, and Leia has lost both her husband and brother. THAT would be unexpected, and add a weight to the saga.

Everyone is so set on Luke being the mentor throughout.... way to obvious. But Leia and the Children would be the ones to carry the sequels.

5. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Lucky to have them back? 'how much they care about the fans' ?

More like they couldn't afford to turn down the bags of money that Disney would throw at them, maybe only Ford could afford to say 'nah, I've got better things to do'.

Sure they might also like the idea of doing them, but to assume we're lucky to have them on board (which isn't confirmed anyway) and that they are doing it 'for the fans' is a bit ridiculous.

6. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Ther's no doubt that a big payday would factor in to the decision-making process, but as these are professionals and this is how that earn their living, I can't see anything wrong with that. Personally, I'd consider myself very lucky, indeed, to have the chance to see Mark, Carrie and Harrison reprise their roles one last time. It's not something I imagined I'd ever have the chance to see again, even had I (and they) lived for a thousand years.

7. Darth Shibs

Darth Shibs Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2012
  8. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    LANDOROCKS I don't think so. They could very well refuse despite the money at stake. Star Wars might be for them a thing of the past, a job in their early career which they don't want to go back into. But that does not seems to be the case. Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher still enjoy themselves as SW icons and often go to sci-fi conventions and various events to meet the fans for hours. As for Ford he might have go on more easily but I am quite sure he understands what his character mean for the SW world. It seems obvious and not at all ridiculous to think that they care. As for myself (other might see it differently) I feel I am lucky as a fan to get the 3 of them reunited in their former roles. I should say that Harrison Ford was the one I doubted the most to come back. It is yet a rumor but obviously there are discussions going on. This is huge.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I kinda feel bad for the OT cast now. Fans *and non-fans who hear the OT cast are returning* have such high hopes and expectations that it will be hard to not let them down. I see fans wanting them to do all these crazy action scenes, dramatic moments and other BIG focus things and I can easily see fans being disappointed if none of those things happen *especially with how these actors look nowadays. :(*

10. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    But one can have our heroes do almost anything, regardless of their age (these are movies, after all).

Still, I think there is wisdom in your message that folks should maybe try to keep their expectations in check. Personally, though there are definite themes from the first six pictures I'd like to see maintained and explored further throughout the ST, in the end, I'm hoping I'll be able to just allow the story to come to me.

11. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm not one of those fans. I just want to see the old gang one more time, to see how things turned out. I don't care if any of them have action scenes or not. Show me Supreme Chancellor Calrissian giving a speech and I'm good. Show me Wedge doing a flyby and I'm good. Show me Chewie doing repairs on the Falcon and I'm good. Show me Han & Leia arguing and I'm good. Show me Luke with some power converters and I'm good. :)

12. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah. I'm keeping my expectations for them realistic. I'm not expecting them to suddenly become Superman and be all saving the day and blowing up planets using only the force and doing stunts that normally a 20-30 year old would do, but I'm not expecting them to just be background people the whole time who are just shoehorned in as fan service.

13. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    This is my concern. I'm hoping they will all serve a purpose. I'm guessing Luke will probably have the more pivotal role.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  14. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I kinda doubt they'll just be background/no purpose *seeing as though fans seem the most excited about seeing the old gang return *I myself am more interested in the new cast/villain ect* * I can't see them just being pointless cameos since i have a feeling the OT cast will be heavily part of the marketing. Y ignore something that a majority of people are interested in?

15. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    Man, I love Carrie Fisher.

LawJedi, krtmd and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  16. Feng Shui Engine

Feng Shui Engine Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 24, 2013
    All I can think about is how awkward it'll be for all three of them again. Not that they hate each other anything, there's just a lot of...history between them, as I understand it.

Darth Claire likes this.
  17. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Mark and Carrie seemed to have made peace, even more-so in the last couple years. Ultimately, considering how much time they spent together on the set, they must have been like a family, and even families drift apart for a while.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  18. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Did they have drama? I don't usually follow that stuff.

19. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Oh, maybe just [:D]

20. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Ah. I was unaware. As I said, I don't usually follow that stuff. Hopefully all is well.

21. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    Me, I think it'll be fine in the long run - after all, it's a lot of water under teh proverbial bridge as long as Carrie has lost her taste for 'kiiwi!'

22. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Ha! I just read that story just now, so I got the reference. :)

23. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    DarthBreezy, you give me the best things to google. :D

24. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I had not heard about the drama between them, any specifics or links? I am very curious to hear more.

25. khuddle

khuddle Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2008
    I know for sure that after the original trilogy Hamill expressed resentment that Ford's career took off while
    his kind of stagnated for a while, despite the fact that it was he, not Ford, who was the main star of the series.