main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Did Hayden do a good job as Anakin?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Rotticus, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I think he was better in ROTS then in AOTC.

2. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Why so many people like to link the RLM when they want to tell how bad PT is but could not say much in their own words.

3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
  4. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I think it's also the script's fault. The novel has much better lines.

5. bellatroll

bellatroll Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 21, 2013
    Its really hard to judge. He was give such awful lines that no one could have delivered them reasonably. He didn't really have a character tbh.

He isn't what I imagined Anakin to look like: the Anakin I imagined was something like Tom Hardy perhaps; an impressive big guy with a restrained demenour, apparently serene but with a good sense of humor. A very private person. While Obi wan would be more gregarious man with a wicked sense of humour who tries to get Anakin to open up. But it shouldn't be limited to this: their "adventuring group" should have had a third person, a third Jedi that tags along, preferably a woman

6. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Overall I think he did a decent/good job, especially in ROTS before he became Darth Vader.

7. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Did Hayden do a good job as Anakin? It depends on if he depicted him the way GL indicated he should. If creepy and wooden were on purpose, then he did a wonderful job. If it was not, but that's the best he could do, than no, he did not do a good job.

8. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Don't blame the actor for the characterization.

9. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Great love story, great acting, as Kevin Smith once said "I thought I was watching Othello or Hemlet". lol ya.

kainee likes this.
  10. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I bet he now wishes he could just wish away his review :p

11. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    Dude had Star Wars fever, just like the rest of us. We were so happy to have a movie that rose to the level of mediocre with only 5 or 6 embarrassing parts...

Darth kRud and fett 4 like this.
  12. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    You see there I disagree, as a film I thought Clones was even worse than TPM and the worst in the entire saga. Though they could and possibly should have just started from AotC if that makes strange sense

Darth kRud likes this.
  13. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    No, we agree. AOTC was the absolute bottom of the barrel. The review, for which I claim Smith had Star Wars Fever was for Sith. The excitement surrounding how good Sith was compared to the movies that came before it (particularly Clones,) is why I believe he felt moved to compare Sith to Shakespeare... why we all felt that way for a time.

Darth kRud likes this.
  14. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
  15. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Arghh I get you now. Sorry from that snippet I thought he was talking about Clones. Yeah Sith was better than the last 2 films, which I think we were all grateful for, but it still suffered from some major problems as a film though itself.

16. KilroyMcFadden

Oct 31, 2012
    Nods... scary clown makeup Padme was the big lol moment at the midnight show I attended. Particularly on the heels of Anakin's line about how beautiful she was.

[​IMG]

EDIT: in fact, I remember a discussion at the time, in which we speculated that this scene was proof that GL was making bad movies on purpose just to see if he could fool fanboys into defending it as "art", and then having a chuckle at their expense later on when they did.

Darth kRud and fett 4 like this.
  17. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    I don't see creepy and wooden, he played a rebellious teenager, that's what Lucas asked.

18. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Of course he did a good job.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  19. bellatroll

bellatroll Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 21, 2013
    She's pretty lame.

I was thinking the woman of the trio should have been someone very professional, strict and proud Jedi in contrast to a more laid back, wise and gregarious obi wan who knows that rigid adherence to ideals doesn't always get you where you need to go. And the two would clash with Anakin as someone "in the middle".

From my viewing of the clone wars series, I am not very impressed with ahsoka tano.

20. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    See... I thought Attack Of The Clones was great. Probably my favorite movie out of the 6. The Scene with all of the jedi battling in the arena and the clones come in was classic. In my opinion....

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  21. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    That scene ruined the Jedi and the lightsaber in a matter of minutes.

22. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012

This is better.

23. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    I have been calling Tano a Mary Sue for years, so I get the not impressed part. I don't get why Anakin would need another Jedi to argue with. If anything, we should have seen more of Palpatine in his ears, further twisting his POV. More could have been put into "from my pov the Jedi are evil!" It is supposed to be the tragedy of Darth Vader, not the clashing bickering of Anakin Skywalker.

24. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Yeah, the council kind of fulfills that role anyway.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I liked Ahsoka initially because I thought that Anakin had met his match. He may argue with Obi-Wan and the Council, but neither are the feisty smartasses that he is. Ahsoka, at least in the first couple of seasons before she got overly mature and Mary-Sue-ish, fulfilled that role in spades. She was also annoying in the same way that he could be.