main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Kathleen Kennedy leaves Jurassic Park IV because of Star Wars.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Rancorrr, Feb 18, 2013.

1. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    Good. Jurassic 4 will likely blow.

CloneTrooperFox likes this.
  2. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    HA! HA! That is classic! Al Qaeda and Aliens from outerspace!!! : )

3. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Oooo they should do a sitcom about it. Like the 'Office', but instead of an office, they work at a Jurrasic Park.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Have they even announced a director and/or cast for JP IV yet?

5. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    The guy that got eaten off the toilet won't be in it. That's about all I've heard :p

Lord Optimus likes this.
  6. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    Word on the streets is Samuel L. Jackson is returning as Mr. Arnold

Enough is enough, I have had it with these mother ******* dinosaurs on this mother ******* island!!!

7. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    No surprise here. Honestly, Jurrasic Park 4 . . . smh. They should have stopped after 1.

8. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    ..because Star Wars rules. :cool:

Meh. JP 1 was incredible...JP 2 was good but felt disjointed, and JP 3 was good as a popcorn movie but nothing else. JP 4? It may go extinct. :p

9. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Star Wars keeps stealing people. Stole JJ from Star Trek and now Kathleen completely from anything else. Hmm...who else does Star Wars need to steal....

10. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Let's steal something from Nolan, next! Maybe Tom Hardy. =P~

Pfluegermeister and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  11. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yes! We've robbed Paramount of their golden boy, WB is next. Nolan is their most prized possesion *next to JGL. They keep whoring that dude out for JLA. HE IS NOT BATMAN! DEAL WITH IT!*. Tom Hardy is possible but all that would happen is that the internet would be flooded with Bane jokes. We got close with Snyder but if MOS fails then I can see them wanting to give him up.

LawJedi likes this.
  12. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Liked for everything you just said. Especially about JGL. Seriously, if he's not Dick Grayson, I don't need to see him taking over for Bruce.

Technically, Hardy would be a two-fer, since he is a Trek movie veteran.

13. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah...anybody else from Nolan films we can use? We already got Liam, and I don't want that damn Tate lady. Anne could be good but I'd just want her to play another catwoman-like character. Hmmm...who can we steal from WB to make them cry *not that they're already crying from how horrible their JLA film is coming along*

LawJedi likes this.
  14. LawJedi

Jan 11, 2009
    Well, we almost got Affleck, and he's one of WB's current darlings.

15. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I just don't see Affleck doing scifi/fantasy like this until he is bored with ensemble drama. The one fantasy film he was attached to is far more akin to his sensibilities (The Stand). With all of that said, I'd be pretty interested in an Affleck directed scifi film.

16. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Forget leaving JP4 because of SW. I would leave JP4 because......it was JP4.

I mean really where can they go now with it? I would have stopped at JP and made a documentary-style thing like Walking with Dinosaurs and been done with it.

17. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003

Meh I enjoyed the idea of The Lost World the conservationists vs capitalists on a wild island (no cages). It just wasn't well executed (especially the San Diego bits).

18. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    There were some really great parts in TLW but it just didn't hold together as a whole for me. And they took the most interesting character, Pete Postlewaite's(sp?) hunter, and got rid of him too soon. Wanted to see more of that dude.

Darthsuggs likes this.
  19. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    Same here. And I'll say one thing that sums up my disappointment with that film, "gymnast raptor kills". At least the Mercedes All Terrains were cool.

20. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Oyyy.......forgot about that.

21. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    I think they should just leave JP as it is.... a Trilogy!!.

JainaSoloYJK likes this.
  22. Matsemitsu

Matsemitsu Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Don't worry, Star Trek III already has a director. An up-and-comer called Leonard Nimoy. And he's so good, he already finished the film in 1984!! ;)

23. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Interesting to note that Colin Trevorrow who was talked about to direct Episode 7 ended up being selected to direct Jurassic Park 4 instead.

24. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    I freaking LOVED that series (if only because Jeff Goldblum was nowhere NEAR it)! =P~ Didn't get the chance to catch some of the follow-ups, but I got a real kick out of Walking with Cavemen, though for entirely different reasons (I mean, it's really hard to top a nature-documentary-style shot of a giant diplodocus taking a dump).

And if we're on the subject of the previous films for a moment, I'd have to say that the first was of course a wonder and a visual effects advancement for its time on the level Star Wars itself had been for this time. The second was the worst for me not just because of execution, because of a fundamental flaw: it picked the wrong characters to continue the story with. Jeff Goldblum was not the emotional center of the previous film; Sam Neill's character was. That's the main reason that I found the third one to be such an improvement over the second: it returned to the characters the first film had presented to us as the characters we should connect with, and for that reason it largely worked for me. It had little actual story, but its emotional core was at least solid.

25. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Yep. Who wants to follow a whiny Ian Malcolm around in the forest while he's chasing his girlfriend, who is being chased by dinos?

Grant was really the one character with a semblance of an arc in the first film. And JP 3 is like the mini version of the first film. Has all the same ingredients, just not the surprise of the CG dinos for the first time and not near the great action set-pieces.