main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Plagueis: The Muun behind Damask

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth Xalfrea, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Who da Muun? Hego da Muun.

Ever since Episode III, there has been much questioning and theories regarding the Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise. Who was this out-of-nowhere Darth that was Palpatine's master?

The Plagueis novel certainly answered that. And I feel Plagueis is one of the most interesting characters ever. In all honesty, when reading the book itself as well as Plagueis's own thoughts on the state of the Republic, it made me realize just how awesome the Sith and the Dark Side can be.

So grab your Muunshine and sit back as we discuss the Muun that is Plagueis, the Muun behind Damask.

2. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    I like Plagueis as well.
    I liked the way he handles politics.
    I liked the way he manipulated people such as Dooku.
    I liked him being drunk.

What do you want to discuss with your fellow Plagueis fans?

3. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    hmm I thought Sidious manipulated Dooku....

Mikaboshi likes this.
  4. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Plagueis I believe had the idea of using Dooku to stir up trouble, but it really was Sidious that preyed on his thoughts of leaving.
    ---------------------------------------------
    What really strikes me about Plagueis is how he views the Force as if it had a will. No other before him really delved onto the idea that the Force was sorta a living organism in its own right.

5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Methinks Plagueis's nefarious experiments into the Force would have made an excellent sitcom.

Palpatine would play the friendly neighborhood hooligan and mess things up (while always trying his darndest to get the better of Plagueis).
    Occasionally Plagueis would resurrect Vectivus and have long talks with him about life and the meaning of the universe. Vectivus would always be partially obscured by something so you can only ever see the top half of his face.
    In nearly every episode, just when Plagueis thinks he's discovered the answer to everything, he celebrates a moment too soon and drowns all his memories in a drunken shindig.

6. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Who's that Muun that likes to talk to the dead, it's Plagueis
    Plagueis (drunk): That's me!
    It's Plagueis and Pals!
    ----------------------------------
    Plagueis (drunk): Palpatiiiiiiiiiine! (audience laughter) Did you steal my Muunshine? AGAIN? (audience laughter)
    Palpatine (Nelson laugh): Har har! That's what you get for making me freeze my privates off on Mygeeto! (audience laughter) Oh BTW Plagueis, I also accidentally released the Yinchorii from its cell.
    Plagueis (drunk): Thaaaaaaats it! You're never riding your speeder again!
    Palpatine: But you destroyed my speeder to use the metal for my lightsaber!
    Plagueis (drunk): Oooooooooooh yeah....whoops (audience laughter)
    114D: That's our Plagueis
    (audience laughter and applause)
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Plagueis (drunk): Venamis, what must be done about Palpatine? He's so...twisted, maniacal...so...insidious.
    Venamis (talking with his mind): Well Muun, I got an idea. Some day make him your puppet in a government office. I'm sure nothing will go wrong.
    Plagueis (drunk): Yeaaaaaah, yeah! I got some liquor I can bust out during then. It's all good...
    He's that Muun that likes to talk to the dead.
    His name's Plagueis and he'll rule the galaxy

7. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Plagueis is the Boris Jeltsin of SW.
    He is good politician, but still he is drunk all the time.

8. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    This guy has a lot of fans now thanks to his book.

I'm about half way through it at this point(picked up the soft cover), really well done.

Darkslayer likes this.
  9. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    He's really a unique character; Sithy as he is, he has a veeeeeery different viewpoint towards the Force. Plus his machinations in the Grand Plan were massive.

Plus, he just oozes with things that just make sense. When you listen to Plagueis and Sidious's conversations, his words really sway you towards his viewpoint towards the Jedi and Republic as a whole.

Darth Sareas, Darth kRud and Robimus like this.
  10. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    I picked up the book last week and was hooked from Chapter 1. Haven't finished it yet but I expect it will be glorious.

11. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Loved it. It was definitely one of the best pieces of EU I have read in a while. Waited till it came out in paperback, then kicked myself I didnt get it sooner lol.

12. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    If there is any regret I have about Plagueis, it's that I spoiled it myself because I couldn't wait.

Some of the plot twists and revelations would've had a stronger impact if I found out in the book.

13. General Immodet

Dec 5, 2012
    Plagueis was a really interesting character. I liked the way he manipulated people and how he played political games.
    The chapter concerning Pax Teem having hired assassins to kill Plagueis was my favourite chapter!
    The only thing I regret is the amount of EU characters appearing in the novel.
    For fans who are not into the EU, it can get a bit complicated.
    I liked Sate Pestage's appearance. He is one of my favourite characters.
    But I do not think characters such as Fromm, Xizor... should have been mentioned.

Robimus likes this.
  14. SaucySarlaac

SaucySarlaac Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    The aurodium coin given to a young palpatine.... used in the emitter on his lightsaber? the emitter looks like a coin!

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  15. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I'm further along now, though its going slow due to time issues. The Palpatine stuff is all lots of fun.

16. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Sign me up for the Plagueis fan club!

Loved the opera scene in ROTS, and the Darth Plagueis novel brought me back to the EU. Loved learning about Plagueis, and getting more info about Palpatine (who's becoming my favorite character in the saga). Interesting to watch them both go through the shift from apprentice to treacherous master...

Sudooku likes this.
  17. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    I wonder, who's idea was it to make Plagueis a Muun in the first place? It's hard to imagine him as any other specie now.

18. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Well, it wasn't established by Luceno, as stated when Darth Plagueis was originally canceled, so I would imagine it was actually Lucas.

19. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Yeah...I seem to recall that Plagueis's Muun classification was made long before his novel. It probably was Lucas.

I really love how the 1st chapter hammers in that Plagueis is a Muun, viewing the alliegance with a Force as an investment that will grow and allow him to profit overtime.

Those Muuns and their obsession with money.

20. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I haven't actually read Darth Plagueis yet, even though I do have a copy, because I wanted to read Cloak of Deception and Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter first, though I do consider myself a fan of Darth Plagueis since the opera scene is excellent.

21. SaucySarlaac

SaucySarlaac Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2012
    Get cracking on with the others then because Plagueis is AMAZING!

Sudooku likes this.
  22. sg1A

sg1A Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    What i find the most intresting about the Dark master known as Plagueis, is his ability to manipulate midi-chlorians. I was mad at Palpatine for killing him i thought that his master was on to something really important and was none the wiser for killing him. And i know it is the nature of the sith blah blah blah . but i felt like that study could have proved usefull in the long run.

23. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Ironically, his midi-chlo manipulation is something I barely remember about him.

Yes, his experiments in the book were touched upon, but I don't think they were shown enough. His machinations to the greater storyline were more prominent.

zompusbite likes this.
  24. sg1A

sg1A Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    Yeah i agree but like i said i just thought that it was awesome i really liked it. And it was my first true Dark side reading LOL

25. CaptainBinaca

CaptainBinaca Jedi Master star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    SPOILER (I guess): Disappointed in the end. Without spoiling too much, it would have been nice for Hego's POV during the climactic moment. After all that buildup of his experiments in midi-chlorians and his obsession with what happens to a being at the point of death, I was hoping for some kind of payoff there. I understand that it was all pretty much about Sidious at that point, but just a paragraph or a couple of sentences devoted to the Muun's dying thoughts...seemed like it was something the entire book had been pointing toward. Good book otherwise, only the third EU I've ever read.

Sudooku and Mitth_Fisto like this.