main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Poll: Clone Wars or Prequel Anakin

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by phonz3, Feb 21, 2013.

?

Anyone else like TCW Anakin way better than movie Anakin?

1. Yes - Love Cartoon Anakin

76.7%
  2. No - Like Hayden better

23.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phonz3

phonz3 Jedi Master

Jun 8, 2005
    Just wondering... I don't even think it is close. The cartoon guy is way cooler. Less Padme and more Ahsoka is a good thing in my opinion.

I also feel myself starting to enjoy The Clone Wars series way more than the prequels. Odd for a 30 something year old male...

I really started getting into it late last year and this year - trying to catch up on the older DVDs too.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I voted for TCW Anakin but I like both of them.

earlchinna, QuangoFett and 07jonesj like this.
  3. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Unanimous so far.... I like the TCW Anakin way better, but given that ROTS came out first, I don't think Lanter's Anakin fits the role. He seems way more noble/mature in TCW than in the movie in my opinion. If only TCW aired before ROTS...

4. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    TCW Anakin is in some ways what I hoped Anakin would of been in the Prequels. We really only got to see the moody and angry Anakin in Episode II and III. I liked Hayden's Anakin but TCW has added so much to the character.

I've said it before but The Clone Wars has enhanced the Prequels in many ways. Particularly Revenge of the Sith. TCW adds so much history that gives the characters more depth now.

earlchinna and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I agree with that actually, I want Anakin in this show to be overall a "better man" morally than the PT, but I think he's too good in some episodes. You wonder how this guy ever fell to the dark side.

6. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    In TCW he sounds like that "Good friend" and "Good man" Obi Wan talked about in IV and VI.

In II and III, he goes on maniacal rants like a little kid and killing sprees for no apparent reason.

Dark Lord Tarkas and TrandoJedi like this.
  7. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    But by the same token, if he falls to the dark side too easily because he's not a morally conscious person, then that ruins the story the OT told that he actually was a good man who had to be seduced into joining the dark side; which is exactly the fundamental error the PT made by having him angry and arrogant the majority of the time (not counting Ep. I when he's a little kid). That's why I'm definitely voting TCW Anakin.

KilroyMcFadden and 07jonesj like this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    You're talking about the last part of ROTS I assume?

Otherwise...lol wut?

Togruta likes this.
  9. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    EP III novel Anakin.

10. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Micro-Anakin.

11. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    There is also the part where he slaughtered all the sand people.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    For no apparent reason?

[​IMG]

Doesn't look like "no apparent reason" to me.

13. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012

That's just great.

14. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Matt Lanter is the one true Anakin.

The Shadow Emperor and Seerow like this.
  15. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    Why would you slaughter men, women and children, just to avenge your mothers death? He could have just walked away from the camp with his mothers dead body. Instead he went on a murderous rampage.

EDIT: Your right on the point that there was "no apparent reason". I should have worded that differently. But it wasn't a very good reason to do the things he did.

Seerow and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  16. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    It's easy to say but hard to calm when such situation happens, and unlike other people, Anakin's childhood was difficult, Shmi raised him up and she was the only one who cared about him before he met Qui Gon.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm not particularly interested in this debate again, especially not in this forum. I've had it at least 87365 times since 2002 and I have very rarely seen such a discussion in which any sort of common ground was reached.

The only reason I brought it up at all is because of your statement that Anakin killed the Tuskens for "no apparent reason," which corroborates a point that I have made several times in past discussions that I've gotten into against my better judgement--apparently very few people give a rat's ass what happened to Shmi Skywalker and are for some reason much, much more concerned about the Tuskens; apparently Tusken lives matter more. I don't understand that.

But sure, her being tortured slowly to death was "no apparent reason," the equivalent of a drunken joyride and a random attack for ****s and giggles.

You do, I hope, recognize the difference between "a reason that I didn't find justifiable" and "no apparent reason"?

18. Spazmatron

Sep 19, 2012
    I do, I just typed the comment a bit fast and didn't think it through long enough.

And its perfectly fine if you don't want to discuss this, I understand what you mean by never reaching any common ground. everyone can have their own take on any situation.
    : )

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  19. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    It's something that might not be RIGHT if you think it calmly, but totally understandable when people are under that situation.

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh TCW Anakin by far. Let's face it, Anakin is not exactly the best thing about the prequels, yet he is easily one of the best parts of TCW. I'd say my ideal Anakin is a mix of comic Anakin and TCW Anakin, with some good ole' micro-series Anakin thrown in there as well.

And yeah, Matthew Stover's depiction of Anakin is fantastic.

21. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    it's impossible to rate this fairly. We've got under 4 hours of haden and like 50-60 hours of TCW anakin

I'm going with Hayden

07jonesj likes this.
  22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    No multiple choice? I choose both

Darth_Harmon likes this.
  23. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    TCW Anakin. Not just because I like Matt Lanter's vocal perfomance, particularly in the Rako Hardeen arc and This one. However, in the PT Anakin is a whiny, selfish little punk. He never really did anything I recall that seemed heroic. Now that may not seem fair since he only had two movies, but whatever. TCW Anakin is more of a hero. He's got a temper but he ain't dumb. He can be funny. His clone troopers adore him. There is just way more to like. I really think even if Hayden was voicing him TCW Anakin would still seem like a better character than his PT self.​

24. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    He shot down the control device of the Trade Federation in EP I as a kid.
    Fight in the arena in EP II
    He saved Obi Wan's life in EP III as well.

Also, TCW and PT showed Anakin in different periods, in EP II he grew up but didn't face much challenge, in TCW of course he was already knighted and grew mature through the war. In most of EP III he was having panic with the worst nightmare. So it's just the same character in different periods.

25. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    TCW Anakin and it isn't even close.

It's hard for me to watch PT Anakin nowadays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.