main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Clone Wars - 5.18 - The Jedi Who Knew Too Much - discussion thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Seerow, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    That's the only thing he does before turning that can be described as "evil". List the others.

Nice try putting words in my mouth, but no. I said he was never described as "noble". You seem to insist this means the same thing as being good, but that is not necessarily the case. You imply a false noble/evil dichotomy with no middle ground.

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    You pretend there's some huge difference between "noble hero" and "good man" as if it changes the validity of my point, and accuse me of establishing false dichotomies? If this is just going to be pointless bickering over semantics with no end in sight, we might as well do it in a PT forum thread instead of here.

V-2 likes this.
  3. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    I asked you to tell me what evil acts Anakin committed before turning other than the Tuskens. You know, the "hours of evil" you spoke of. You can call it "pointless bickering over semantics" if you want. I call it "hours of evil" was a false claim.

4. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I admit less-than-good is a more accurate description than outright evil, that was never my main point. Focusing on "noble hero" and "hours of evil" instead of whether the PT fulfilled the portrait of young Anakin Skywalker discussed in the OT and how that relates to the side of the character finally revealed in The Jedi Who Knew Too Much is completely missing the point.

5. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    I still don't understand how anyone can say the PT didn't not portrait Skywalker the way he was describe in the OT.

All we know about Anakin that Kenobi and Yoda tell the audience is.

-Powerful Jedi,
    -Great Starpilot
    -Cunning Warrior
    -Good Friend
    -Good Man
    -Angry

We saw all of that in the PT. Arawn_Fenn is right, some posters are upset that Anakin's portrayal in the PT didn't matchup with their own prior assumptions.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I've made that same point in the PT forums and usually somebody posts a YouTube video of Obi-Wan's ANH conversation with Luke as if I were going to see something different upon my 56643th viewing.

Nah. It is what it is, which is usually a stalemate.

eht13 and 07jonesj like this.
  7. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I don't hate Anakin's portrayal in the PT, though I wouldn't say it was one of the saga's best. Problem was we saw Anakin's lowest points in AOTC and ROTS so we saw mainly one aspect. That's the most beneficial thing this show provides to the PT IMO, we get to see all facets of the man that is Anakin Skywalker.

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    The funny thing is, that's exactly what's going on here, just in reverse. I wrote a wall-of-text on how The Jedi Who Knew Too Much shows a side of Anakin Skywalker the Jedi Knight talked about in the OT but never seen in the PT, and the proof that I'm wrong is supposed to be a checklist of OT dialogue we all are already well aware of. Given where the discussion headed, I'm honestly unsure why there was even a distinction drawn between "noble" and "good" to begin with. He definitely wasn't noble, and that expectation supposedly was all in my head anyway, but he definitely was good, and that expectation was justified? Why even draw the distinction at that point? It's purely semantic. I don't think the PT made Anakin Skywalker look like a "good man," but if people want to get in a protracted circle-jerk debate about that alone and not relate it to the episode this thread is dedicated to, that's a discussion for the PT forum, not here. Just as I said with the Ep. III debate about Mace assassinating Palpatine.

V-2 likes this.
  9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
  10. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    V-2 likes this.
  11. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    [We] Love [the] Automated Comedian WAC [47]

12. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    hahaha okay thanks

13. BlenderWars

BlenderWars Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    He is just the pilot. :)

All

Why are you discussing Anakin? In 1977 when ANH came out, Vader was not Lukes father. He was the Guy who killed Lukes Father. Obi Wan claiming Lukes Father was a good man has nothing to do with Vader. First in 1978 Lucas decided to go for the Father option and made Liars out of Yoda and Kenobi.

14. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    Obi-Wan didn't claim Luke's father was a good man until ROTJ, at which point Luke's father and Vader were one and the same. So it has everything to do with Vader. Also, Yoda never lied in the films. He's merely considered to be a liar-by-association because of being allied to Kenobi.

The point is that everything you claim to be true about Anakin is a myth or a falsehood. "Noble" is a myth invented by fans. "Hours of evil" is an outright lie. But let's not focus on that.

15. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
  16. Scimitar13

Scimitar13 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2013
    This episode was great! Tarkin was well used and it was nice to see his character again. It is interesting to see Ahsoka being put into this kind of situation. The chase, while perhaps a bit long, was well done. The next two episodes should be very interesting. I do hope we get to see level 1313!

pronker likes this.
  17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Am I blind, or is there no episode poll for this yet?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm going to slam my head into my desk if Ahsoka actually turns out to be on exactly Level 1313. [face_frustrated]

19. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Hey Seerow where's the poll? People need to vote.

20. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    She is the best candidate that is not too obvious, but also will not piss me off like Ventress or Maul. They would make Ventress become good and have a future in S4 and then in S5 have her kill innocent people.

21. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Barriss is the most obvious culprit, she's clearly being set up to be the killer. Whether that's a red herring, and it's Ventress or Sids, we'll have to see.

22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Sidious would be a total cop out...

Ventress - HELLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... lol
    After what they did, I doubt they will go back. IMO Ahsoka will find a friend in Ventress since both will have something in common - being outcasts in their own "worlds".

Barriss is kinda obvious... but hey, there have been things that we thought would have a huge part in the end, but it is almost ignored. The way Moralo Eval was awesome and evil in the start, but in the end it all twisted and became about Anakin and Dooku again.

And I for one would be happy if it is Barriss. I love her as a goodie Jedi and I can not imagine how much I will love her as a villain!

23. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    It's not in Barriss' character to do this, so I'll be annoyed to say the least. Especially because knowing this show, when she's caught she'll suddenly turn into cliche-spouting evil villain, "You don't know what you're dealing with! I'll stop this war one way or another! Aaaarggggh!"

24. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, I'm really trying to stay open to all possibilities until I actually see what happens.....but, I'd love (not really) to see the explanation for why Barriss would bomb the Jedi Temple.

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    There is no good reason why Barriss would bomb the Jedi Temple, or set up Ahsoka either.