main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

It's Time For TCW to End.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Garrett Atkins, Feb 21, 2013.

?

Should TCW end?

Poll closed Aug 21, 2013.
  1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    15.7%
  2. No

65 vote(s)
    78.3%
  3. Never should have been made

5 vote(s)
    6.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Don't end it as soon as possible, but do really start wrapping it up. I'd like to see serious forward momentum in the story lines (delivered chronologically from now on) so they can end the show within the next season or two and do it right.

07jonesj likes this.
  2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    This type of post is becoming more and more common - it's been rampant in the Movies-Prequels threads since way before the move and now we've got it here. I admit I do not understand why someone who dislikes/hates/abhors a certain thing comes into a board dedicated to it to bash it (I call that baiting, not trolling), but eh - it does stimulate discussion. From time to time.

CaptainRex115 likes this.
  3. Ody_Mandrell

Ody_Mandrell Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 28, 2003
    Removed

CaptainRex115 likes this.
  4. BlenderWars

BlenderWars Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 20, 2013
    I wonder if the thread opener is some employee of disney?

5. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Another I hate Clone Wars for no reason other than canon discussion? It's not like there's threads for this or anything.

Now, in regards to TCW. If the show hadn't came about I wouldn't have cared about Star Wars anymore, and would only have been mildly excited for the Sequel Trilogy. I was three, six, and nine when the prequels came out. Star Wars was the movies to me. It was repeated all over the news that Revenge of the Sith was the last Star Wars film. My interest kinda died out until I saw TCW's series trailer come out. The show made sure I stayed a Star Wars fan.

Regarding canon.. What nine year old wants to read Star Wars?

The books - didn't really care until recently.

The comics - didn't care for them then, except for the Legacy series, still don't care about them now.

The games - couldn't afford them, my parents weren't very big into video games. Besides, what material has come out since 2005 in video games that's good? TFU I was okay. That's really it.

6. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    I'm don't care as much about canon as I used to, so I've got no complaints about TCW. I love it. Love the feature film as well (it's basically just a long episode but I'm fine with that).

They'll probably wrap it up soon, but I look forward to more animated Star Wars goodness in the future. It's an exciting time.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  7. Ody_Mandrell

Ody_Mandrell Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 28, 2003
    The Star Wars Saga means for me: EPI,II,II,IV,V,VI and TCW. I don't care much the EU, because there are so much terrible books, comics written.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]

9. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    You lose your right to judge content when you include TPM in there. Also, the D-squad arc and Corruption. TCW has it's share of crap, just like the EU. That's why we as consumers have the option to pick and choose, rather than buy ALL of the EU, or NONE of the EU. It's a great ability.

JackG and Mia Mesharad like this.
  10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    As an illiterate dyslexic I too know the pain of having to read Star Wars material instead of watching it on a screen.

11. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Get off my lawn. Back in my day, we read a good book, and didn't complain that there wasn't an explosion in the first chapter. :p

12. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    Personal canon for the win. ;)

Yeah. Anyone who likes ROTJ and the Han/Leia section of TESB should be extraordinarily rendered to a Saudi Arabian prison, as far as I'm concerned. :p

13. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    YES, the clone wars lasted 3 years, the show is streching too much, i dont want this show to become the new Power Rangers or Pokemon, an endless and senseless show....

14. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    There is no reason why they can't extend the Clone Wars to happen for more then 3 years... It's not explicitly stated in the films that they lasted three years... and we all know GL likes to change his mind so it is possible for the war to extend.

InterestingLurker and QuangoFett like this.
  15. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    The Galactic Civil War, particularly the intervals between ANH, TESB and ROTJ (three and one year respectively), is already incredibly packed. Considering that the Clone Wars are a far more expansive conflict, I don't think there needs to be any limitation on how much raw content TCW can portray. Showing in excess what individual characters are up to, on the other hand...

TCW actually has an end already. It's only a matter of how long it will take to get there. If the OP had educated himself about the topic he started a thread about, he would know this.

Come to think of it, there's a thread with a poll asking how many more seasons TCW should have. Reviving that thread would probably be a better idea than keeping this one - and its dubious poll options - alive.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  16. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    indeed it lasted 3 years acording the films, there are 3 years between EPII and EPIII. It has been stated officially many times

17. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Dang. Anyone that is atleast a casual star wars fan i thought would love the clone wars. I remember going to the theater and seeing the movie. From there the t.v. show is great! I loved that we got to enjoy Rex, Cody, Anakin, Obi, on a personal level... I could not imagine not having the clone wars. : (

Darthgoodguy likes this.
  18. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    And once upon a time Darth Maul was officially dead.

19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    It's true, this show has proved that there is no such thing is inalienable canon.

20. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    And?

Retcons in Star Wars(especially time and character ages) happen all the time and if they want to expand the war from 3 to 5 or whatever, they can and it would very simple since outside of AOTC, there is really no mention of how many years have gone by.

I mean just look at Luke, the guy has had three different ages in the past 36 years.:p

21. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    That is a matter of opinion.
    IMO, Adi Gallia's death on Boz Pity and Even Piell's death on Coruscant were better handled and more nuanced than their respective TCW's fates.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  22. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    It wouldn't hurt either the show or the Starwars as a whole if they lengthened the war by a couple more years.

It also makes more sense for Luke 20 years later on an out of the way desert planet to have heard of this long and devastating war, rather than just a 3 year war which for a whole galaxy is not that long.

23. CaptainRex115

CaptainRex115 Jedi Padawan star 3

Jan 11, 2013
    Well, I agree with you there. However those are just 2 examples. As a whole I still proudly believe that TCW is far superior than the EU it destroys.

24. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Got any examples?

25. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011
    Well, I got to say I greatly prefer Eeth's retconned survival. I couldn't stand his original death from a source book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.