main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC JediWarrior And Connemara Missing In Afghanistan (Update: What a ****show.)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Fire_Ice_Death, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Sorry to hear that, and I don't want to see another JCCer wind up missing after venturing off to some third world hellhole.

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    well duh you have to say that now

3. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Some guy named Conner Gordon commented on this video 2 weeks ago saying he needs to contact the Coleman family to let them know he was probably the last person to see the couple before entering Afghanistan from Tajikistan. I guess he traveled with them for about a month.

Connemara's parents. Apparently she has a problem with her liver too and needs medicine for that.

4. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    We talked about this in hat earlier, but it's kind of unsettling how her mother is smiling through the whole thing.

Debo likes this.
  5. George Roper

George Roper Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    Not 'Mutilated American Med Student Found Dead in Afghanistan'?

6. zigazigahh

zigazigahh Jedi Master star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    FWIW, my first theory was less CIA specifically and more secret agent/covert operations. But I'd just be surprised if they sent a woman 6 months pregnant out in the field - it seems like she'd be super vulnerable to, idk, being turned or being broken and giving up information or whatever their concerns are with that sort of thing.

7. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    they both just look/sound shellshocked to me. or perhaps she's had a stroke at some point

8. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    "these sick ******** tortured him by stretching out the skin around his penis. barbarians..."

9. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I still grapple with being pregnant and being willing to expose your unborn child to any harm at all. I gave up cigarettes, tuna, liquor, plastic bowls... you name it, when I was pregnant with my son. It's just something primal in us...

Blithe likes this.
  10. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    If this gets nation or world wide media attention, is this thread to be used as an example of people's attitude towards them?

siha and Handmaiden Yané like this.
  11. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    I was thinking about this further and got to wondering: did the ex-wife's family know they were both in Afghanistan? The family had some ties to al-qaida (and presumably some other not so nice people), what if he decided "Well, we're in the area, why don't we drop in and say hello?" only to have them turn around and kidnap/kill them? It may be nothing, but for all we know, Josh was a sentimental type and just wanted to say hi to people who really weren't too keen on him leaving the family. I don't want to give up hope, but it seems that the longer these things go on then the less likely it is that they'll come home and the more likely it is that someone will be picking their bones out of the ground someday.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    One of Clancy's main power-duos were a married couple stationed in Moscow. Everyone knew her husband was the station chief for intelligence, and therefore ignored her because she was pregnant -- but she was the field operative.

13. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    "Tips wanted"

14. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000

Hi Mom

Ender Sai, RC-1991, MrZAP and 8 others like this.
  15. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    It already has, we're about a month and a half late to the party. Most of the news stories I found on this were from late December 2012.

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    JP, lol, ****. Awesome.

17. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I can't wait for the local news to talk about JCC culture!

18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Hopefully my yacht fund gets attention.

Handmaiden Yané and SuperWatto like this.
  19. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    And your posting content doesn't.

20. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I wouldn't put that out of the realm of possibility. In the "missionary" scenario, I could definitely see JW and Con both being naive enough to think that his 'connections' would be ones they could use to get and in and be safe. Which obviously would not be a good assumption at all, considering he was divorced from that woman and as someone mentioned I'm not sure how that particular family would feel about a divorce, remarriage, and his new Catholic wife being showing up pregnant.

It is just wild speculation, but with the bits of strange information we know, it's hard not to have your mind spin on this one. It definitely feels like a film, book, or show. I know who we need:
    [​IMG]

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    With jazz? Without jazz? With pills? Without pills? Before, during or after sex with "you know who?"

That may determine how skilled she would be...

22. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    If this were fiction, Mike/Julie would come through for the couple at the last minute, redeeming himself by using his transvestite powers to make the Taliban guards fall in love with him. Also, if this were fiction, Mike would be a lot better looking.

23. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Why would anyone decide "hey, let's go visit my divorced in-law's in Al Qaeda with my new pregnant wife"?????

EDIT:

I mean, every possibility is crazy here, but that has to be one of the craziest.

24. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    Can you think of a reason why anybody in their right mind who is aware of current events would even go there with their pregnant wife in the first place? Family ties (even ex-family) are pretty powerful. My parents have been divorced for 25 years and still go to each others' family gatherings. It isn't unheard of.

25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Such and ironic post.