main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Return of the Forgotten Ones OOC/Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Skywalker_T-65, Dec 4, 2012.

1. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    lol Hope it's not too terrible. :p

2. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    It's not bad. The 'Oh kriff' was more in relation to me not being able to be lazy and delay a post any longer :p

3. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010
    Oh... Good, I guess? :p That should be a fun post. :p

4. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    It was from my end, will get my own post up later today or early tomorrow.

5. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Err...that was probably something you should have talked to me about before posting Chewie...that's a wee bit excessive...

EDIT: Chewbacca89

6. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Oops :p

Are you mad? I didn't know...

7. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Mad? No. A bit worried on how we're going to juggle having an Earth-bender running around though :p

8. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    um... does that mean you're letting his post stand? And we are to work around it? Do you remember what MY character was .... ?

:confused:

9. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    The 'deal with an earthbender' was a joke. I'm going to work with Chewie on making a more realistic post tomorrow. ;)

EDIT: That work Ktala ?

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Works for me....:p

*knits a scarf*

[face_coffee]

[face_whistling]

11. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Just make sure he understands exactly how Alter Environment works and the consequences of its use. If he lacks a basic geology, physics and chemistry knowledge you're gonna have to monitor that power of his. One cannot simply make a flash flood appear on a desert world. The hydrogen and oxygen atoms required to create water are simply not abundant on a place like Tattooine for example.

Alter Environment also requires the natural phenomena to already exist before a Jedi can even manipulate it. In addition, a Jedi draws on his own natural reserves in the Force, essentially his life, to manipulate the environment. The most he could get away with at his current condition and location is causing the fog, a small tremor to unbalance people, high wind and rain. The lava, unless the Temple is sitting on a caldera or volcano, is not likely.

Finally, Tython is a Force planet very much like the Mortis planet in SW:TCW Season 3 "Overlords". Any drastic changes or drastic use of the Force will unbalance the planet and generate Force Storms. Noro is likely to get himself and his new friend killed rather then the rest of us.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  12. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    There is nothing in the description that describes the limitations you presented.

How do you know I was not simply furthering the manipulation of a said storm.
    How is that a desert?

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Read the bolded more carefully. AE allows you to create smaller instances w/o the phenomena already existing. To make the more powerful versions, it must already exist.

Second bolded I misread. However you still need energy to expend and it is limited by the amount that is already there. To manipulate it further than what energy there is, you have to expend your own energy. However this is contradictory to what we know about the Force. A pool of water is not a living thing and therefore, should not have any innate Force energy. Life is the Force after all. And to expend the life Force of a living creature other than yourself is an anathema to a Jedi, which is moot for your character since he's going Dark anyway.

And yes you do need basic knowledge of geology, physics and chemistry to even consider manipulating anything. If you don't understand how an earthquake works, how do you expect to even make one? If you don't understand how a thunder cloud forms, how do you expect to make a torrential storm? As I said before you cannot just make lava appear out of no where if there isn't a source nearby. Do you even know how far down magma is in a region with no pre-existing volcanic activity? In just a ocean abyssal plain region only, its at least 5 kilometers down beneath the planet crust, 30 kilometers down on a continental plain and even further down in a mountainous region.

Simple. The GM did not describe one occurring. To claim otherwise is god-moding.

I was providing an example. I was not claiming that Tython is a desert world. :rolleyes:

14. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010
    Whoa, gentlemen, I'm sure there's no need to start an argument. Our GM is taking care of it, and that's all that's really necessary.

Yuul_Shamar likes this.
  15. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Seconded....I will desist with my argument and delete the +800 word response saved on Word :p

The_Zeltron likes this.
  16. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Sorry I didn't help Chewie get a post up today. My wifi gave out (using my phone now) so I wasn't able to...

17. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Is there anything you want me to do?

18. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    Just noticed the Avatar Chewie, love the star wars-afied Calvin and Hobbs, used to read them all the time!

19. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Thanks...I love it too lol. Yours is cute as well!

So are people upset I am holding the game up? :(
    I just want to apologize...I'm new to this lol

20. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    No ones upset Chewie. I've held the game up so many times that if that were the case I would have been pelted with bricks by now :p

21. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Lol ok.
    Should we just get rid of the lava part?

22. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Let me think about it. All I can do right now anyway :p

23. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    But we can all agree it was badass, right?

24. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010
    Word. :p

25. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009