main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Slashfilm: KOTOR movie rumored

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by kubricklynch, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
  2. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    Kind of a far-reaching rumor if you ask me. Drew Karpyshyn finishes a script and people just assume it's KotOR when he says specifically that he's looking to sell it to Hollywood through an agent? It's probably something not even related to Star Wars.

Darth Chiznuk and LawJedi like this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    We also had a thread on this already and it got locked.

4. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Ah, didn't see that. Well I'd delete it if i could.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  5. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Yeah, but if /Film and AICN are both reporting something, why lock it? We've had threads for much more scurrilous nonsense.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You're right about that. *Cough* Jim Hellwig *Cough* Honestly I didn't know why the first thread was locked.

LawJedi likes this.
  7. NoChesterHester

NoChesterHester Jedi Master star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Well... Ain't it Cool is a great movie rumor source, but they make no qualms about posting straight up rumors.

At least it is a subject matter that would be popular with a lot of hard core fans.

8. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    A movie based on Revan, Malak, Bastilla, and Carth Onasi would rock the Theater.....

9. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    If I said it once I said it a thousand times I LOVE this idea!

Boxster and The_Hellhammer like this.
  10. Darth Swede

Darth Swede Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 4, 2012
    Even though it's just a rumour, it's a rumour I like. It's a great opportunity to create Star Wars films that are standalone from the OT, but still feel like Star Wars and are just as epic in scope. Still, I do hope that not all these rumours are true at the same time (spin-off movies of Han Solo, Boba Fett, Yoda...KOTOR... ) in addition to the ST. Focus, my young padawan!

11. Boxster

Boxster Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    As do I! I remember an article in 2005 on the front page of Forcenet have Lucas himself mentioned possibilities of KOTOR. I can't find that article anymore coz I changed computer and lost the bookmark.

Anyway, I am more excited to have KOTOR/TOR trilogies than the ST to be very honest but I am greedy for anything SW, So more spin-offs the better. People who don't like it can go to the Star Trek forum, they only have the JJ movies to fall back on, no more tv shows.

12. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    I love the idea too, but Drew Karpyshyn is quoted in the article as saying that the script he had was being pitched to agents of Hollywood at large rather than to LFL specifically. People are so desperate for leaks they're jumping at straws. If we ever see a KotOR movie, it will be at least a decade from now, after the Sequel Trilogy and a few character spinoff flicks are done.

13. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I still think that an Old Republic era story is best covered in a live action series.
    Three or four seasons of ten high quality hour long episodes is the way to go.

Zane the Reaper likes this.
  14. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    OK OK, not trying to derail, but I want in on the joke, what's the Ultimate Warrior got to do with anything?

15. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Someone claims to have insider info that he will be playing a mutant warrior from Byss.
    So...there's that, I guess.

To put things in perspective, the same source claimed that Mace Windu was hiding in C3PO's shell after ROTS.

Lord Optimus likes this.
  16. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    [face_rofl] I found it. cheers

Lord Optimus likes this.
  17. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    If this was true, it would rock my world. Only downside is that I already know what happens.

18. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I'd rather have LucasFilm focus on the sequel trilogy. They simply cannot pass up the opportunity.

19. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.